My 3090 Settings for my G2 (2.7.11)

speed-of-heat

Hope you feel better soon SoH, glad it didn’t escalate into needing hospital treatment.
COVID = bucket full of bum holes.

Sorry to be a pain, but is there something I need to do with the Simplex shaders other than just pop it in Ovgme? I’m getting the same, or at least similar, error as I am with the clear water shaders in 2.7.7 with the Simplex one.

Honestly after months of tinkering and nearly giving up and going back to my Rift S, last week I finally nailed it and everything was perfect. Less than 7 days latter and it’s back to square one. I’ve held off on pre ordering the AH64 but was now going to as I thought I had it sussed at last. Ho hum, such is life I suppose but I’m a bit heart broken. I know I could roll back, but Jester can use the LANTIRN now, it’s a tough choice.

For what it’s worth I found no msaa, SS at 100% and clear water shaders plus FSR, sharper eye and medium shadows mod did the trick. Looked great, not much shimmer and very smooth. (F14 + Syria map).

Edited by Digitalvole

thanks 

so if you are getting the same error, you might need to run dcs repair ... then install the simplex shaders

also you might need to make sure you have the right simplex shaders one for 2.7.0 DCS Performance Shaders - SIMPLEX 2.7.0.4625 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• speed-of-heat changed the title to My 3090 Settings for my G2 (2.7.7)
3 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

Sorry to be a pain, but is there something I need to do with the Simplex shaders other than just pop it in Ovgme? I’m getting the same, or at least similar, error as I am with the clear water shaders in 2.7.7 with the Simplex one.

I was running basically the same set of mods as you and was also happy with the performance. I was experimenting to see what mods still run and had the same error with Simplex, which I had never used before. Turns out I had version 2.0 in my files. 2.1 works, as given in the link be SOH. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

6 hours ago, DucS2r said:

I was running basically the same set of mods as you and was also happy with the performance. I was experimenting to see what mods still run and had the same error with Simplex, which I had never used before. Turns out I had version 2.0 in my files. 2.1 works, as given in the link be SOH. 

Thanks, I’ll check tomorrow. Had a quick go just now with the ic pass shaders and it’s not as smooth as it was but still playable so one way or another it’ll be fine

It won’t be as smooth, as you are loosing about .5 to 1ms of gpu frame time… you need to make that up somewhere, or have enough headroom for it not to matter…

Also bear in mind, the flat shadow  removal mod no longer works and we have the new water…

Clear fxo and metashaders2 from your saved games folder may help here as well

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Yes i said so 

the shaders that you have to use simplex or IC pass are simply less performant

• Like 1

Thanks for this! I got the game running smoother with my G2 and Asus 3090 now.

Trying to set things up is a total mess with all the settings all over the place. Nvidia, Steam, Windows, and the game settings itself, no wonder its hard getting decent performance. 
Do you know if Intel CPU Virtualization enabled  affects the performance?  

Also using OPEN-VR FSR and most settings like you do, really helped the fps. Ive also installed the Reshade mod or what its called. So getting very vivid colors and way much sharper textures. Not sure if it really takes away performance...

Edited by corb

i always recommend people turn it off cpu virtualisation... but my cpu doesnt do it so i have no hardway of testing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

you need to make that up somewhere, or have enough headroom for it not to matter…

And that right there is why I have not pre ordered the AH64. I’ve got exactly as I like it (pre update, but post update it’s still ok) and I don’t want to turn anything down now. Absolutely loving the F14 😀

14 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

It won’t be as smooth, as you are loosing about .5 to 1ms of gpu frame time… you need to make that up somewhere, or have enough headroom for it not to matter…

Also bear in mind, the flat shadow  removal mod no longer works and we have the new water…

Clear fxo and metashaders2 from your saved games folder may help here as well

the loss of this one hurts...  I really liked this mod, and it did help a bit with performance. 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 10/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, ShaunX said:

I ran some baselines using your performance track 276 against my current 2.7.6 install. I also created my own track - Shaun Track 277.trk . This is just a basic flyover the populated Batumi areas at 2000 feet with AP on. I did this just in case your aerobatic 276 track breaks again when I upgrade to 2.7.7 (It's a good thing you're not in the RAF. I can just see the poor inhabitants of the Welsh valleys shaking their fists at you as you buzz them 🤣 )

Anyway, averaging two passes against each track with Clear Water Hotfix, Simplex 2.0 and No shader mods, I get the following. I'm not running with any other mods and other settings are as per your old test 26, msaa x 2. I do also have my grass/forest/scenery sliders maxed. Medium shadows and no terrain shadows as per your findings re Mustang's

image.png

So interestingly, on my track only, Simplex seems to give marginally better performance than the hotfix in 2.7.6

Also interesting that over both tracks, Simplex is less CPU demanding, and as we're more CPU bound I guess might explain my track result.

I'll repeat when I get round to upgrading.

Hi shaun

What is your hardware configuration ?

Here are my settings with a 5.1ghz, 6900XT and 32GB memory configuration, and I don't achieve to have that much fps with reverb.

dcs.png

On 276 @speed-of-heat track I have (Mirrors are on in track ?)

Vanilla : 56 fps
FSR : 64 fps
FSR + Shadows Reduced Frame Rate Impact : 64 fps (strange ?)
FSR + SRFRI + simplex : 70 fps
FSR + SRFRI + SOH shaders : 70 fps

I don't achieve to reach 82 fps.

Thanks

Edited by dureiken

..me too, and my specs are in my sig - Ryzen 5900X at stock, ASUS Strix 3090, 32GB

I run clouds standard and if terrain object shadows are flat I also run Mustang's flat shadow removal, otherwise settings are the same

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

@ShaunXare you still running 2.7.6 then? as the Flatshadow mod doesnt work with 2.7.7

Nope, they are always off… how are they set on your system.

Your system settings will override mine on a track…

9 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

mirrors would certainly have a negative performance impact

could you run your performance track with mirrors and last settings you use to compare ?

the difference between your and my results will be almost the GPU card

thanks