A-29 Super Tucano

1 hour ago, -R15- said:

Does anyone have any good mission training on the A-29

I edited this set of missions, one of them is for CCIP bombing:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 minutes ago, Wostg said:

Sorry if I missed this earlier but is there an M05?

No, I intended to do an ILS landing training but never finished it.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

12 hours ago, -R15- said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I really like this plane, despite being Brazilian and living close to a military base, I see the A-29 a lot both in the skies and in the hangars.

I'm having crashes when trying to drop bombs, the DCS hangs and then closes, is anyone else having this problem?? I'm using version 0.5.2b_hotfix_1

Does anyone have any good mission training on the A-29

Good flights everyone!

Me to when using the MT beta

spud

On 3/16/2023 at 1:33 PM, -R15- said:

I'm having crashes when trying to drop bombs, the DCS hangs and then closes, is anyone else having this problem?? I'm using version 0.5.2b_hotfix_1

Yes, unfortunately there is still  bug, the A-29B crashes DCS the moment a bomb is rleased ... I'm using the same version and DCS MT (haven't tried ST yet, will do tonight). Hopefully @Luiz Renault can check this issue?

2pZyMQV.jpg

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, unfortunately there is still  bug, the A-29B crashes DCS the moment a bomb is rleased ... I'm using the same version and DCS MT (haven't tried ST yet, will do tonight). Hopefully @Luiz Renault can check this issue?

I've just released an update for that one. Working ST and MT.

Next releases will include lasing and better autopilot.

Edited by Luiz Renault
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

17 hours ago, Luiz Renault said:

I've just released an update for that one. Working ST and MT.

Next releases will include lasing and better autopilot.

that's amazing, thanks a lot. Look's like you're the only modder that solved the mistery on the incompatibility of some EFM mods with the MT version. Would be great if you could share your finds with the community on this

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 9:59 AM, Fab8ball said:

that's amazing, thanks a lot. Look's like you're the only modder that solved the mistery on the incompatibility of some EFM mods with the MT version. Would be great if you could share your finds with the community on this

There is still FLIR that doesn't show any images in MT. Trying to solve that.

• Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on the issue I'm currently 'enjoying'

So I opened a training mission for the A29b Super Tucano in the mission editior in DCS 2.8.3 in order to change a couple of parameters (weather) so that I could fly an IFR version of the waypoint navigation training mission.

I saved it as a different mission, leaving the original intact.

I then attempted to fly the mission, at which point DCS crashed while loading (something I think to do with DX 11 - ill attach the crash log below) & I had to open task manager & end task to close it.

I then deleted the mission I'd edited & tried again to fly several of the other training missions, each time DCS crashed while loading. I also tried flying the instant action missions & it still crashed.

For comparison I tried flying in DCS aircraft mods & other 3rd party aircraft - all without issue.

I then decided to try the A29 again - this time in DCS MT & again it crashed.

At this point, like most people I assume, I went to the interweb to see if I'd done something stupid or missed something obvious. I did all the things others have suggested- reinstalled graphics card drivers, repaired DCS, deleted & reinstalled the A29 mod, restarted & rebooted everything. All to no avail the A29 still crashed DCS when loading a mission.

I have of course seen the several comments about mission editor being broken since the update that launched MT but until now I'd had no issues in MT or ST so I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to try next.

I should add I'm using Rift CV1 & non steam version of DCS!

My machine specs are:

CPU - 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700KF

MB - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700)

RAM - 32GB Hyperex Fury DDR 4

GPU - NVIDIA GTX 1080ti

O/S - Win 11 pro 64 bit

SSD - Samsung SSD 870 QVO 1TB

DCS SSD - KINGSTON SA2000M81000G 1TB

Thanks in advance

dcs.log-20230409-050124.zip

Edited by SpiffnZ
Add extra info.

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

4 hours ago, SpiffnZ said:

Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on the issue I'm currently 'enjoying'

Sounds like you are using a pre MT version of the A-29 … download the latest version here:

https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/releases/tag/0.5.3b

thanks I'll give that a try

Many thanks Rudel - it  worked like a charm!

Interesting though that it worked fine previously until I tried to use mission editor, it clearly needs a brain bigger than mine to understand how it all works!

Edited by SpiffnZ
New info
  • Like 1

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

On 4/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Sounds like you are using a pre MT version of the A-29 … download the latest version here:

https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/releases/tag/0.5.3b

Hi Rudel,

Have you managed to make the all the training missions? I eagerly awaiting the laser guided bombing one.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

5 minutes ago, irfanahmed1979 said:

Have you managed to make the all the training missions? I eagerly awaiting the laser guided bombing one.

Hi,

I intended to add two additional training missions: one covering the use of the FLIR and another covering the LGB deployment, unfortunately the A-29 does not yet have the Laser designator implemented and I have not yet been able to gather documentation on the proper use of the FLIR as implemented on the A-29 ... so, for now these additional missions are still on hiatus. 

In the meantime, I'm updating the training missions that I did a year ago for the Gripen, so that they work on the recently released v.1.8.5 of that aircraft .. but I would love to return to the A-29 when possible.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm if this news is true or not?

On 4/19/2023 at 7:57 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

Hard to tell from the video, as it's a mix of old and possibly new. 
Yes, Moody AFB in Georgia is home to the 81st FS, flying the A-29B Super Tucano. They trained the Afghan and Nigerian forces on that aircraft. The green/tan camo and desert camo A-29 batch were delivered last year. The grey were the Afghan birds. I dont know how many were left over in Georgia, so the dozens comment is iffy. 
The aircraft are NOT built in the US, but purchased from Embraer under a Foreign Military Sale (FMS) contract on behalf of a potential customer. So maybe this is another contract for Ukraine. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

the guys you see on the right are our pilots, squadron 7th, they are the only ones who use this uniform in our military to my knowledge (and I have plenty of it :P) you can look up photos of our birds, some still have the usaf and number marks on them even after we re-badged them. However don't mistake our planes for refurbished units, we literally have the best equipped version of the a29b, but the planes have usaf marks since initially our pilots trained there and it was easier for delivery this way.

• Thanks 1

I tried the EFM variant of the mod, gotta say I enjoyed the sfm a lot more. The plane has even more drag then before? Why? It actually needed less in the first place. pulling more then 3 degrees of aoa nukes your speed, like cmon that is beyond trash for a plane that is both lighter and more powerful then a p51. I used to win in 1v8 but now even one is a struggle. As for a2g it made it a lot harder to line up something since the plane jerks a lot when you stop pulling in whatever direction, also there is a delay that prevents you from pulling as you wish. I use keyboard and mouse and I'm better then most stick users at fine movement but this is very wonky tbh. The input used to be more linearly now its exponential instead. The input problems are probably not a thing for stick users but the performance of the FM is however not on par to how the plane performs IRL. Please make it less draggy when pulling aoa and increase power output at speeds below 240kts, I don't think it should be a rocket ship but definitely not that bad.

6 hours ago, KINGAntonio1 said:

the guys you see on the right are our pilots, squadron 7th, they are the only ones who use this uniform in our military to my knowledge (and I have plenty of it :P) you can look up photos of our birds, some still have the usaf and number marks on them even after we re-badged them. However don't mistake our planes for refurbished units, we literally have the best equipped version of the a29b, but the planes have usaf marks since initially our pilots trained there and it was easier for delivery this way.

Thanks for that info  👍, I saw another YouTube thread on the same subject a while ago, it turns out that is also rubbish.  

22 hours ago, KINGAntonio1 said:

I tried the EFM variant of the mod, gotta say I enjoyed the sfm a lot more. The plane has even more drag then before? Why? It actually needed less in the first place. pulling more then 3 degrees of aoa nukes your speed, like cmon that is beyond trash for a plane that is both lighter and more powerful then a p51. I used to win in 1v8 but now even one is a struggle. As for a2g it made it a lot harder to line up something since the plane jerks a lot when you stop pulling in whatever direction, also there is a delay that prevents you from pulling as you wish. I use keyboard and mouse and I'm better then most stick users at fine movement but this is very wonky tbh. The input used to be more linearly now its exponential instead. The input problems are probably not a thing for stick users but the performance of the FM is however not on par to how the plane performs IRL. Please make it less draggy when pulling aoa and increase power output at speeds below 240kts, I don't think it should be a rocket ship but definitely not that bad.

Hi. I really appreciate any feedback in order to improve EFM.

• Like 2

I wrote a huge reply but I can't see it so maybe it got deleted somehow, anyways fast recap in case it's just my side doing weird things, the plane needs slightly better roll rate(increase by 0.1 oxmax of every speed step), less drag when pulling aoa, more power to do climbs, should be able to pass 300kts in straight flight at sea level at least, can go up to 40 aoa while not departing flight as much as it does currently when pulling a bit hard on the stick. All my points are in the video. Good luck and nice work!

• Like 1