When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time

huchanronaa

• huchanronaa changed the title to When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time
2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It is unrealistic that the price of WWII warbirds is too high, because the rival il-2 bos series provides more diversified warbirds

I'm guessing that ED has a pretty good idea of what is realistic...they are, after all, in the business, and just might know what they are doing...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

IL-2 doesn't have as high-quality systems or flight modeling.

Or clickable cockpits. 

Which is all fine as IL-2 BoX series is a different sort of product and there’s room for both. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t 777 and ED have office space in the same building in Moscow and share staff on occasion.

It seems that version 2.7 is scheduled for April 7th. We will have to keep waiting for our Mosquito 

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

2 hours ago, No.119_Bruv VK-B said:

Il2 isn't in the same ballpark mate.   Pay peanuts, you get chimps.  

yup, that just about sums it up.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I've TRIED to like it. I really have. But I don't care what anybody says. Il-2 is a game. DCS is a simulation. Every time I fly Il2 I get pretty bored in minutes. Can't put my finger on what is wrong, but it's not doing it for me. I won't be sinking anymore money into it. 

Now, DCS, on the other hand. Yeah, I have to have this Mossie, I think. I really can't be spending all this money, but it looks terrific. And the Corsair. With Pacific Islands! I Zero! Essex class carrier! DCS, I'm retired...have pity on my bank account.

Oh, now having said that...I should add that I actually do like Cliffs Of Dover. 

• Like 4

Prices are relative ... just purchased a set of Rudder pedals .. 400 euro including shipping (but not counting my countries tax, which is still to be determined) ... next to that, paying 70 dollars for the Mosquito seems like a much smaller and easier to justify purchase 🙄

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

DCS is objectively not cheap, that much is very true. However, given the amount of man hours that go into developing every module and the small market it is aimed at they can’t be any cheaper. 

If you sum up all the modules you will get to a ridiculous sum. But, this is not how DCS should be evaluated. You are not supposed to buy all the modules, instead it is a product that you customize to your needs and buy only the required components.

That is still pretty darn expensive, but this is at least within reason and fits the development investment required.

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

If you buy at the right times (sales, offers, miles program...), the cost of DCS is not a large outlay either. 

• Like 4

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

Often first opportunity to get some discount is to by pre-order, for example Mi-24 has -30% for pre order.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Sales are so common and everything new you just can’t resist usually has a pre-order price reduction.

I really don’t think I’ve paid full price for anything from ED or it’s partners and I don’t have everything but I do have quite a few modules. The high RRP and frequent sales are clever psychological marketing though, I’m a sucker for a bargain... 😀

I'm not sure we will get a pre-order period for the Mosquito, more probably along the lines of what happened with the P-47 release, as in there will be a discount of either 20% or if we are lucky 30% off if you buy the module within a two or three week period from the EA release day. After that period it increases to whatever the full price would be.

I can also see it being a snap, as in quick, release similar to what the P-47 and Channel map had. If you look through past newsletters there wasn't any mention of a release date for both of these modules in the few weeks leading up to the EA day. I think the first I heard about it was the day before when Nineline posted something on face book or Redit and someone quoted him on these forums. Next day, a Wednesday, boom....there they were. The following Friday's newsletter ran the story.

Could be wrong though!...

Edited by bart
  • Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:54 PM, huchanronaa said:

It is unrealistic that the price of WWII warbirds is too high, because the rival il-2 bos series provides more diversified warbirds

LoL, sure they push a lot of warbirdrs...but the complexity is low...engine management relay on 3 band level with a "scripted" wep level, FM is simplified....come on...You simply can't compare them. 50/60$ for a warbird at DCS level still seems fair for me.

25 minutes ago, bart said:

I'm not sure we will get a pre-order period for the Mosquito, more probably along the lines of what happened with the P-47 release, as in there will be a discount of either 20% or if we are lucky 30% off if you buy the module within a two or three week period from the EA release day. After that period it increases to whatever the full price would be.

I can also see it being a snap, as in quick, release similar to what the P-47 and Channel map had. If you look through past newsletters there wasn't any mention of a release date for both of these modules in the few weeks leading up to the EA day. I think the first I heard about it was the day before when Nineline posted something on face book or Redit and someone quoted him on these forums. Next day, a Wednesday, boom....there they were. The following Friday's newsletter ran the story.

Could be wrong though!...

My two cents, they will release it with the 2.7 without pre sale announcement or by the end of april. They already stated that the Hind will go in release in late Q2 (so end of May or June) and from a marketing point of view it will be a no sens have the two releases too close togheter. Yes the playerbase is not the same but someone fly Modern/Hely and also WWII and could be a drawback on sales of one of the two.

Agreed - either with, or just after 2.7 seems logical...🤞

And marketing wise... avoiding a clash with Hind or Corsair

Depending on release schedules, 2021 could be an expensive year!  I have Mossie, Hind, Corsair and Falklands on my shopping list.
Who knows what will drop when - feels like the order above, with the possibility of a backlog of “readyish” products waiting for the 2.7 release to clear 

On 3/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, Nealius said:

IL-2 doesn't have as high-quality systems or flight modeling.

IL-2: Lots of icing.  Very little cake.

• Like 2

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:22 AM, Hunter Joker said:

My two cents, they will release it with the 2.7 without pre sale announcement or by the end of april. They already stated that the Hind will go in release in late Q2 (so end of May or June) and from a marketing point of view it will be a no sens have the two releases too close togheter. Yes the playerbase is not the same but someone fly Modern/Hely and also WWII and could be a drawback on sales of one of the two.

Just to temper expectations, Kate and Nineline confirmed on the ED Discord on Friday (26/03) that the Mossie was delayed a little bit and would not release with 2.7, but shortly after. Still a release before the Hind though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

14 minutes ago, hisothiro said:

Just to temper expectations, Kate and Nineline confirmed on the ED Discord on Friday (26/03) that the Mossie was delayed a little bit and would not release with 2.7, but shortly after. Still a release before the Hind though.

Thanks for the heads up.

Isn't it a shame they don't convey this info directly to us here on the forums too? not everyone would have seen that on Discord......I know I didn't.

• Like 3

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Just now, bart said:

Isn't it a shame they don't convey this info directly to us here on the forums too? not everyone would have seen that on Discord......I know I didn't.

I absolutely agree, the Discord is hard to follow and it's not a great repository for info. Especially since they were answering a bunch of questions related to the newsletter and the 2.7 release schedule...

It seems like the Mossie schedule will follow other warbird releases, i.e an announcement coming very shortly before release and that's it. I personally like that model, it worked well for the P-47.

• Thanks 2

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B