Bf-109 fuel pump selector, track inc.

grafspee

Looks like moving fuel pump selector all the way forward by mouse, turns them off.
Again, why for fuel pump selector create axis input, it is obvious that this is indexed  lever, there is only Off, pump 1, pump 2 or both pumps on, no intermediate positions allowed.

I just cant grasp that why do it in the first plance.

In this 2.7 patch ED messed a lot of controls in the planes, including mouse controls, which i cant think off why exactly.

Bf-109 fuel pump.trk

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• grafspee changed the title to Bf-109 fuel pump selector, track inc.

@NineLineSame issue when it comes to key bindings for the booster pumps as well.

When you have the pump selector lever bound to "Booster pumps next selection", the lever goes from full aft to full forward without any intermediate stops. While the lever in cockpit shows full forward (P1+P2) after hitting "next selection", seemingly only a single pump is actually selected as you start losing fuel pressure when MW50 is engaged. 

The only way I have found around this is to instead bind a button for "Booster pumps P1+P2), since binding for "next selection" or using the mouse wont engage both pumps. 

2 tracks attached. Start up, take off, then max throttle. 1 track using the "Booster pump next selection" binding, the other using "Booster pumps P1+P2".

BoosterPumpNextSelectionTest.trk BoosterPumpP1+P2Test.trk

• Like 2

I compared the new "clickabledata.lua" with the stable release version using the "compare" function in Notepad++ and found that there are lots of changes and additions. It would be almost a miracle if all these changes didn't break something. Notably, the booster pump lever in the cockpit used the function "multiposition_switch_limited" in stable, and now it uses the function "default_movable_axis".

There is a comment saying "-- TODO make lever occupy a different argument and animate it smoothly separately from switch logic - Made Dragon".

They certainly made it a smoothly moving lever, but the switching logic is not working. The object "default_movable_axis" obviously does not support incremental commands.

They should have left well alone.

I cannot comprehend why they made so many changes under the hood when I have not seen any improvement in this module. Where is the balance between effort and benefit?

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Same here. Set to P1+P2 and fuel pressure falls when full throttle + mw50. Apparently there's a discrepancy between what I see as selected and what's actually selected.

I too don't understand why to mess with this lever in the first place...

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Before the change to an axis, you had 4 positions, off, p 1, p 2 and p 1+2. This worked perfect.

Now that it is an axis, it does not work. There are now a few issues with it.

1) When you put the switch in any position, it doesn't provide a continuous flow of fuel but rather in junks, like on off on off (just quickly).

2) The switch fully forward does not provide enough fuel flow when using MW-50. Fuel pressure starts to drop and engine turns on off on off due to lack of fuel.

3) There is a point in the axis, where the fuel is cut off despite the switch in the cockpit being fully forward (no movement from full forward to this specific position)

109FuelPumpBug.trk

The track shows these issues. Note that I don't have it mapped to any axis (I didn't even plug the joystick in for the track) and I operate the switch with mouse only. @NineLineRather a big issue...

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Flew the 109 yesterday just to experience this bug a bit closer and I'm puzzled, because with pump lever moved all the way forward by mouse-dragging, I did have the correct fuel pressure during full throttle operation with and without MW-50. Granted, I only tested for brief periods, does the bug happen when flying full power for longer? 

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

OK, tried again, and Indeed, the pressure starts dropping after a while. I just didn't wait long enough previously.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

3 hours ago, Gadreel said:

I think the problem is if you do not push it all the way forward. 

Quite a contrarily, if i push lever by mouse all the way forward, fuel pressure drops after a while on MW-50, but when i back lever a little bit fuel pressure rising again.

• Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

15 hours ago, grafspee said:

Quite a contrarily, if i push lever by mouse all the way forward, fuel pressure drops after a while on MW-50, but when i back lever a little bit fuel pressure rising again.

Ah OK, sounds right. Didn´t investigate any further, I set Buttons for "P1+P2" and "off" and that works.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this bug report is stuck in "cannot reproduce" death barrel.

Edited by grafspee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...