HD russian cockpits project

RICARDO

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,

some questions comes very often so i will try to answer them.

files that still with old textures:

-conflict with another cockpit mod.

by using this "export" mod you don't need anymore teka's english mod.

-temp texture file still has files installed by previous cockpit mods, and that has not been removed by modman. do it manually.

- some planes are not modified. SU 25 is not done at all, and shares some new textures with old ones.

that was the reason why i didn't want to release the mod sooner.

i had to finish 27 and 33 not to have the same problem.

29s was finish in december 2008.....so you could have flight with this

plane much sooner.

i will work on the 25 when ED will have release the new version.

orange needles in jauges : i couldn't find the way to change it,

if someone has the answer :smartass: i will love him.....

same for the orange cockpit ambiant light.

- US pilot in 25 t MFD, mistake, it will be fixed in the 1.1

- 29 rpm jauge that changes (biger) in night light, i will correct that.

- russian mistakes have to be modified.

- 29A stick needs to be done

-what are those grids on the right side of the 25t ?

they are classified tactic informations so i hided them before the release of

the public mod :music_whistling:

- pilot legs : i have put graphics that helps me in flight.

for the future versions i am open to any suggestions.

Some new versions will follow :

Full russian (1.0 R)

and later a "orange light" version.

This one will take time because it needs to rework all the jauges.

I will wait for the release of 1.1 version, to have collected all mistakes from community reports.

So, i need your reports and help to increase the quality and accuracy of it.

At the moment, i need :

HD picts of the Hud buttons

informations about a way to change the tone of the night ambiant light of the cockpit (from orange to blue)

29G and 29A will be on version 1.2

thanks for your future comments and picts contributions.

ricardo

• Like 2

hello,

some questions comes very often so i will try to answer them.

files that still with old textures:

-conflict with another cockpit mod.

by using this "export" mod you don't need anymore teka's english mod.

-temp texture file still has files installed by previous cockpit mods, and that has not been removed by modman. do it manually.

- some planes are not modified. SU 25 is not done at all, and shares some new textures with old ones.

that was the reason why i didn't want to release the mod sooner.

i had to finish 27 and 33 not to have the same problem.

29s was finish in december 2008.....so you could have flight with this

plane much sooner.

i will work on the 25 when ED will have release the new version.

orange needles in jauges : i couldn't find the way to change it,

if someone has the answer :smartass: i will love him.....

same for the orange cockpit ambiant light.

- US pilot in 25 t MFD, mistake, it will be fixed in the 1.1

- 29 rpm jauge that changes (biger) in night light, i will correct that.

- russian mistakes have to be modified.

- 29A stick needs to be done

-what are those grids on the right side of the 25t ?

they are classified tactic informations so i hided them before the release of

the public mod :music_whistling:

- pilot legs : i have put graphics that helps me in flight.

for the future versions i am open to any suggestions.

Some new versions will follow :

Full russian (1.0 R)

and later a "orange light" version.

This one will take time because it needs to rework all the jauges.

I will wait for the release of 1.1 version, to have collected all mistakes from community reports.

So, i need your reports and help to increase the quality and accuracy of it.

At the moment, i need :

HD picts of the Hud buttons

informations about a way to change the tone of the night ambiant light of the cockpit (from orange to blue)

29G and 29A will be on version 1.2

thanks for your future comments and picts contributions.

ricardo

For the pilot legs, could you release a .PSD template so we can add our own graphics to the legs?

Just a thought.

Aero

EDIT: Another suggestion for the MFD of the Flanker. use a shot like

at 0:23. I believe the camera angle will be more correct and realistic. I'm sure similar things can be found for the MiG and Su-25T
Edited by Aeroscout
  • Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Fellow pilots: Ricardo has done one super piece of work. To lighten his load on some of your texture requests, could it not be done ourselves such as doing anything with legs, Removing or changing pilot reflection, etc. Not picking anyone out, just easy ones to remember. Some of the requests can be done easily by members and leave the hard to do list with Rick. Now before anyone jumps, this is for people who know how to mod a simple .bmp or .tga file.This could be shared with Ricks permission of course. Rick can later add his flavor to those files and in the mean time you can easily have what you want, now. Just a thought guys, so please just take this as MHO.Cheers:thumbup:

I have already created a reflection in the MFD, if anyone wants it, with Ric's permission of course!

These cockpits are amazing!

@ Rattler. While I understand where you're coming from, id just like to say I do truely appreciate the work Ricardo has put into this. However, We're merely suggesting things to make the mod the best that it can be! But I do agree there is some stuff people could do on their own.

Again, great work Ricardo!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I have already created a reflection in the MFD, if anyone wants it, with Ric's permission of course!

These cockpits are amazing!

@ Rattler. While I understand where you're coming from, id just like to say I do truely appreciate the work Ricardo has put into this. However, We're merely suggesting things to make the mod the best that it can be! But I do agree there is some stuff people could do on their own.

Again, great work Ricardo!

Aero

And you should create more reflection for the fighter's HUD screen (same as Su-25A's HUD), thanks :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Ricardo...

This mod is absolutely STUNNING left me speachless when I jumped in my T-brick. I noticed one thing though, you didn't make a version for the Su-25? My favourite aircraft! I realise the huge amount of work that has gone into each of these pits, but do you have any plans to make a pit for the Su-25? If not may I be so bold as to request one!

With FC2.0 looming over the horizon I think a lot more people will be flying the Su-25 so it would be pure awesomeness if you did one for the old brick.

EDIT: I just went a few pages back and saw your post. I just hope FC2.0 comes out sooner rather than later so we can see it in HD!!! :joystick::pilotfly:Do you have any teaser screenshots?

Edited by 159th_LoneWolf

Will this mod work with FC2?

If so how would I install it?

It's quite simple:

1. Extract the files ricardo-HD3.cdds, ricardo-HD2.cdds and ricardo-HD1.cdds into Bazar\World folder in your directory

2. Add the following lines into your graphics.cfg as shown in the following screenshot

ricardospit.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1