Civilian Objects And Vehicles

26 minutes ago, rato65 said:

Will check them together with @Eight Ball's wind construction vessel asap....

Nice, thank you!

I had to shrink the one I've used, though, because the crane just wasnt big enough. It's a baby wind turbine 😅

@Vine_dogThanks! I'll make sure to let you know if I have the time 🙂

1 hour ago, DishDoggie said:

Will 2.1 work with missions made with 1.0?

Yes...unless I messed up badly. No, but seriously, you can delete v1.0 if you're using v2.1.

I guess, just to be on the safe side, you could keep v1.0 but not load it, launch the game with 2.1 and check your missions. But I'm 99.9% sure it's safe to delete v1.0

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Can't you just knock one up in like 2 mins? Just drop a ship in, pick one of the CAP ships and copy/paste/change for as many as you want.

Yeah well aware I know I could do that, was asking incase someone else had done this first ... to save time. Here are two mission files I knocked up

Naval_demo.mizNaval_demo_night.miz

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

6 minutes ago, Marroux said:

A question : to make a ship drivable, is it only on the lua or do you need a specific edm ?

You need a specific connector for the driver point of view, which needs to be part of the 3D model. IIRC you will be able to make a ship drivable even if that connector is missing but the driver's view will be somewhere inside the model. So you'll be limited to the external view.

• Thanks 2

A few liveries for the JR Moore Tugboat, all generic so you can add anything you like to the funnels, the hull and superstructure sides are mirror images so unsuitable for adding names etc.  Simply drop the file into the Liveries folder. 

I have included a Default livery to replace the one in the Mod, for some weird reason the default wont show up in the ME drop downs when you have other liveries, it needs the actual texture files in order to work properly. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aod9tf89vyswnn4/jr-more.zip?dl=0

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

The liveries folder in DCS SAVED GAMES / OPEN BETA 

OR 

The Liveries folder in the Civilian Assets Pack V2.0 / Liveries 

??

53 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

A few liveries for the JR Moore Tugboat, all generic so you can add anything you like to the funnels, the hull and superstructure sides are mirror images so unsuitable for adding names etc.  Simply drop the file into the Liveries folder. 

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I have included a Default livery to replace the one in the Mod, for some weird reason the default wont show up in the ME drop downs when you have other liveries, it needs the actual texture files in order to work properly. 

Hi.
Your skins are great addition.

Missing Default entries in ME's paint scheme menu is a common trouble not only ships (or mods) but also aircrafts / cars and ED official contents. 
I don't know why .... DCS World behaves so.

The Liveries / xxx / Default folder doesn't need dds files.
OK only with the description.lua file of

livery = {
}

code. I think smart and no loss disk space.
Another strange result comes though .... Default item becomes duplicated (same result of choosing each items).
Screen_221128_060410.jpg

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

On 11/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, Eight Ball said:

Sorry, my fault. Wrong values in the .lua

drop this one in "\Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v2.0\Database\CAP Ships" and overwrite

Can't get him to engage other ships tho, just helos. And he's pretty terrible at it...

:wallbash:

somali_trawler_armed.lua 3.23 kB · 49 downloads

Do you think this is a new bug in 2.8 or do you think it's something in your lua?

52 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

Do you think this is a new bug in 2.8 or do you think it's something in your lua?

I'm not sure. I've placed the default armed speedboat next to the Handy Wind and he didn't engage either.

FZvrDN7.jpg

But the trawler and the speedboat will engage each other and the trawler will also engage planes (the yak-52 at least...) and ground units.

6 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I noticed this too but it seems to only affect the mission editor. If you select the default skin it will display the default ingame even though it stays "stuck" on a custom one in the ME.

But thanks for the tip @western_JPN!

Edited by Eight Ball

I could not help but take time out to experience these new mods despite being busy in real life. These are amazing.. especially the drivable ships.. presents a whole new perspective of dcs landscape.

Loved the interiors of the tug and the Somali trawler (this one has a Capt. Philips poster) 😂 

Breathtaking to see the towering troll A gas platform at night which is also an engineering marvel in real life.

Learned the hard way that an lng tanker can't be maneuvered  like a bmp2 after it collided at Guam port entry.😬

Totally unexpected to see the animation on the windmill repair ship too.

Marvelous job as always @Eight Ballthank you very much for this experience. Will post some screenshots later.

One small question : AI helicopters approach from the aft of the Troll A platform when setup for landing.. this is the side where the cranes and superstructure are and is usually a profile thats not adopted.. is it possible to change the default approach from the forward (helipad) side or from Port or starboard sides.?

• Like 2

"Loved the interiors of the tug and the Somali trawler (this one has a Capt. Philips poster)" 😂😂😂

Need to check it in VR.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 11/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, Arrow11 said:

I could not help but take time out to experience these new mods despite being busy in real life. These are amazing.. especially the drivable ships.. presents a whole new perspective of dcs landscape.

Loved the interiors of the tug and the Somali trawler (this one has a Capt. Philips poster) 😂 

Breathtaking to see the towering troll A gas platform at night which is also an engineering marvel in real life.

Learned the hard way that an lng tanker can't be maneuvered  like a bmp2 after it collided at Guam port entry.😬

Totally unexpected to see the animation on the windmill repair ship too.

Marvelous job as always @Eight Ballthank you very much for this experience. Will post some screenshots later.

One small question : AI helicopters approach from the aft of the Troll A platform when setup for landing.. this is the side where the cranes and superstructure are and is usually a profile thats not adopted.. is it possible to change the default approach from the forward (helipad) side or from Port or starboard sides.?

Thanks a lot for the kind words, much appreciated. Looking forward to the pic 🙂

I'll flip the Oil platform 180° in the next update, should fix the issue with the approach.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 3

EightBall you are doing an INCREDIBLE JOB for the community! Your mods are awesome! And their quality is excellent!!
Keep on doing such magnificent job brother!!! 👌

DCS should hire you, or pay you!!, or give you a ride in a yatch with a pair of girls in bikini on the deck!!! 😊

EightBall!!! **WE ALL LOVE YOU***

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 10