Civilian Objects And Vehicles

First of all, these are great mods, thanl you very much eightball for the job done.

I have an issue with the light of the US ambulance. even set in red they didn't light.

Did i miss something with it?

Firetruck and police car are working well

best regards

1 hour ago, FST_Bearcat said:

First of all, these are great mods, thanl you very much eightball for the job done.

I have an issue with the light of the US ambulance. even set in red they didn't light.

best regards

The ambulance works like the police cars and the firetruck.

I've just tested it and it works fine so I can't offer much help. Either an user error while setting the alarm state or maybe a conflict with another mod but that seems unlikely to me.

3 hours ago, FST_Bearcat said:

best regards

@Eight Balland @FST_Bearcat I have a AMD Graphics card do You? I have the same issue with the US Ambulance the RED and White flashing lights are not seen in daylight. Police cars work real good. US Ambulance with lights set to OFF will show as ON when I am in the air and far away in my Huey then the closer I get to it they will turn off. Also The Euro Van will not perform a troop transport Embark of troops for me. If I put a Stock truck in its place it will pick up the troops. Love the new Cars and Trucks makes things so much nicer.

RMR1.jpg

RMR2.jpg

RMR3.jpg

• Like 2

@Eightball and DishDoggie,

Thank you for your feedback. I just have done a test and I confirm that when the ambulance (european,US) and  police car are getting closer from the player, the intensity of the light decrease. When they move away the light get back to normal.

Firetruck is not so impacted by this effect.

The distance of effect is around 100 m (0.05Nm).

May be a graphic adjustment, I have a Geforce Nvidia 1070 (only).

Best regards

• Like 1

Don't you think about creating some minor civil airport objects?

I mean:

- signs: https://sites.google.com/site/atsys2ay1617te02team1/technical-specifications/systems/markings-signage/signage

- horizontal signs: https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/regulations/when-to-hold-short-of-ils-critical-area-line-ifr/

It would be interesting addon too. I'd made it by myself but no knowledge how to do it (I was trying).

Those don't exist on Caucasus Map. Some are included e.g. in Syria but mostly not.

• Like 2

Hi

Does anyone have a working link to @crazyeddie's Seaking skins?

Thanks

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 3/1/2023 at 1:25 PM, DishDoggie said:

@Eight Balland @FST_Bearcat I have a AMD Graphics card do You? I have the same issue with the US Ambulance the RED and White flashing lights are not seen in daylight. Police cars work real good. US Ambulance with lights set to OFF will show as ON when I am in the air and far away in my Huey then the closer I get to it they will turn off. Also The Euro Van will not perform a troop transport Embark of troops for me. If I put a Stock truck in its place it will pick up the troops. Love the new Cars and Trucks makes things so much nicer.

RMR1.jpg

RMR2.jpg

RMR3.jpg

Where did you get the tow tractor, tow bar, and start cart?

5 minutes ago, Andrew8604 said:

Where did you get the tow tractor, tow bar, and start cart?

Those are objects of the Massun92 pack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 11:46 AM, FST_Bearcat said:

@Eightball and DishDoggie,

Thank you for your feedback. I just have done a test and I confirm that when the ambulance (european,US) and  police car are getting closer from the player, the intensity of the light decrease. When they move away the light get back to normal.

Firetruck is not so impacted by this effect.

The distance of effect is around 100 m (0.05Nm).

May be a graphic adjustment, I have a Geforce Nvidia 1070 (only).

Best regards

Sorry for the late reply.

Is this the issue you are encountering?

It's because I'm using 2 different types of lights for the lightbars. One type looks great from upclose but doesn't render properly at a distance, the other type looks crappy but is visible from afar.
I guess I can tune it so the transition happens a bit sooner but it's never going to be perfect unfortunately

On 3/24/2023 at 12:53 PM, Gunfreak said:

Would it be possible to make the Troll platform count as "land" so you could put infantry on it?

I'm not sure I understand correctly but AFAIK, no, I can't do that. What's land and what's water is part of the map properties and I can't create an object that would be recognised as land or water by the game. I might be wrong, if you know a mod that does this, let me know and I'll look into it.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:02 PM, CYPHER11 said:

Hey all, great addition to DCS - thank you so much. Is there a way to start the sinking vessels at a already sinking state so you don´t have to wait for an hour to sink? Any suggestion?

I haven't figured out a way to start the animation a given point but you can use these liveries in conjunction with some trigger rules to freeze the animation at a certain point. Do note that this will completely freeze the animation.

Place the liveries in the mod folder or with your other liveries in saved games.

Sinking Ships Liveries.zip

In the mission editor, select the sinking animation livery

wCFra0j.png

Then add a new trigger rule to turn off the AI of the sinking ship. "Group AI OFF" or "Unit AI OFF" will work.

Hiv3HqP.jpg

When you start the mission the animation of the sinking ship will be frozen in place

Ld0lxBk.jpg

You can tweak at which point of the animation you want it to be freezed by editing the "custom_args" value in the description.lua contained in each livery folder

livery = {

}
name = "Sinking Animation"
custom_args =
 {
     [13] = 0.9,
 }

0.0 would be the very beginning of the animation, 1.0 the end.

mV2jIIV.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/25/2023 at 2:34 PM, Eight Ball said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Is this the issue you are encountering?

It's because I'm using 2 different types of lights for the lightbars. One type looks great from upclose but doesn't render properly at a distance, the other type looks crappy but is visible from afar.
I guess I can tune it so the transition happens a bit sooner but it's never going to be perfect unfortunately

I'm not sure I understand correctly but AFAIK, no, I can't do that. What's land and what's water is part of the map properties and I can't create an object that would be recognised as land or water by the game. I might be wrong, if you know a mod that does this, let me know and I'll look into it.

I haven't figured out a way to start the animation a given point but you can use these liveries in conjunction with some trigger rules to freeze the animation at a certain point. Do note that this will completely freeze the animation.

Place the liveries in the mod folder or with your other liveries in saved games.

Sinking Ships Liveries.zip 3.72 kB · 9 downloads

In the mission editor, select the sinking animation livery

wCFra0j.png

Then add a new trigger rule to turn off the AI of the sinking ship. "Group AI OFF" or "Unit AI OFF" will work.

Hiv3HqP.jpg

When you start the mission the animation of the sinking ship will be frozen in place

Ld0lxBk.jpg

You can tweak at which point of the animation you want it to be freezed by editing the "custom_args" value in the description.lua contained in each livery folder

livery = {

}
name = "Sinking Animation"
custom_args =
 {
     [13] = 0.9,
 }

0.0 would be the very beginning of the animation, 1.0 the end.

mV2jIIV.png

Bro you are amazing! if i do not select the AI off, then the animation will start at the point i set and continue?

Thank you!

Hi Eight Ball...

Great mod.... does the Somali Trawler fire its guns?

Trying to make a rerscue mission with an added bit of excitment whereby the Somali Pirates are inbound to capture/salvage a sinking ship and Blue forces are trying to rescue crew of the trawler before they arrive.

Thanks in advance

Have to say these mods are great. One question, not sure if anyone has experienced this, but I seem to have trouble with my trackir when I have multiple vehicles with flashing lights within close proximity of my plane. If I move my head or sometimes when I don't move, I get breakup on my screen.

If I place the vehicles in different positions it seems to ease down. Probably too much light action for the trackir?.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, Semaphore said:

Hi Eight Ball...

Great mod.... does the Somali Trawler fire its guns?

Trying to make a rerscue mission with an added bit of excitment whereby the Somali Pirates are inbound to capture/salvage a sinking ship and Blue forces are trying to rescue crew of the trawler before they arrive.

Thanks in advance

It should. I noticed it can be a bit capricious with what it engages but it should definitely engage planes and helos.

12 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Have to say these mods are great. One question, not sure if anyone has experienced this, but I seem to have trouble with my trackir when I have multiple vehicles with flashing lights within close proximity of my plane. If I move my head or sometimes when I don't move, I get breakup on my screen.

If I place the vehicles in different positions it seems to ease down. Probably too much light action for the trackir?.

Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean with "breakup on my screen". Do the lights actually interfere with your IR reflector/camera?

I have trackir 5. As soon as my viewpoint was on the vehicles, then as I moved my head, there was black streaks as if the lights were blocking the trackir lasers.

I will do some more testing, unless it could be my graphics card.

This is such a good mod that it really helps to add emersion to a mission.

If i can get away with just a couple of vehicles, i will be happy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, Eight Ball said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone,

I've decided to  proceed with the release of the Seaking since it's in an usable state already. It's neither as polished nor as complete as I orginally intended but it works.

I'm doing a "low profile" release so I can focus on the ship pack and I'll revisit the Seaking later.

Seaking Pack v0.5

There are 3 variants (Sikorksy SH-3A & SH-3H and Westland Mk48) as well as 2 static ones with folded rotor and tail to place on a carrier deck (SH-3H and Mk48)

For some reason I couldn't get the liveries to work with the AI SH-3A or the static Westland variant. No idea why, I'll investigate later but if anyone has a clue, please let me know.

EDIT: Eddie came up with a quick fix for this issue, it will be integrated into the pack but in the meantime have a look here

In the mission editor, the AI Seaking can be found under the helicopter tab (it should appear at the very bottom of the list)
The static object variant can be found under Static Object -> Structures -> "Static - Seaking"

Credits :

Original 3D model and UK livery by Julialt (CGTrader)
US Pilot 3D model by CombatSystem3D (CGTrader)
US Navy Liveries by Gunslinger22
German Navy livery by Neo47
Belgian Coast Guard livery by Eightball
Special thanks to Admiral189 and CrazyEddie for allowing me to use their AW-101 as a template, to Backy51 for helping me with the lua as well as Tobi for the Blender exporter.

QoQICS5.png

Z1wbgTb.png

jfLqR4P.png

YgNxlCN.png

JsLG787.png

I would sure love to have all these Liveries! I don't understand why all the links for Sea King Liveries are no longer available! I f so one can point me to a working link for liveries?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 1:44 AM, tmansteve said:

I have trackir 5. As soon as my viewpoint was on the vehicles, then as I moved my head, there was black streaks as if the lights were blocking the trackir lasers.

I will do some more testing, unless it could be my graphics card.

This is such a good mod that it really helps to add emersion to a mission.

If i can get away with just a couple of vehicles, i will be happy.

Are you talking about the police car flashing red and blue lights?  It might be the graphics card.  Maybe it needs a driver update.  I think Trackir just controls the direction of your view.  I wouldn't think it would cause black streaks to appear on your DCS view on your screen.  If it interfered with your head tracking, that might be something with Trackir.  Just what I think, anyway.  I use Oculus Rift S VR.  I used to use Trackir 5 a few years ago.  Switched to VR and never went back.  I love the near perfect 1-to-1 head tracking and amazing 3D view of VR.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. Really amazing mods. I'm editing a rescue mision with a sinking ship and some life rafts, but they are ampty. Have you in mind to create a life raft with some people in? It would be an amazing adition. 

A mod of people would be a great adition to DCS too. There are not civilians to rescue, or VIPS with suits, or engineers, etc. Only a suggestion for future :)

Thank you very much for your work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaxVB said:

Congratulations. Really amazing mods. I'm editing a rescue mision with a sinking ship and some life rafts, but they are ampty. Have you in mind to create a life raft with some people in? It would be an amazing adition. 

A mod of people would be a great adition to DCS too. There are not civilians to rescue, or VIPS with suits, or engineers, etc. Only a suggestion for future :)

You can Put a DCS crew member/person/soldier in on just link it to the raft

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 10:19 PM, MaxVB said:

I have done this in a mission some time back using the excellent mod pack.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320570/

UH-1H_SAR.jpg

• Like 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

On 5/12/2023 at 2:22 AM, DishDoggie said:

Thank you very much. I'm stupid and tried to put an intantry unit instead an infantry object 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, some civilians would be welcome for missions 😉

On 5/12/2023 at 2:22 AM, DishDoggie said:

Thank you very much. I'm stupid and tried to put an intantry unit instead an infantry object 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, some civilians would be welcome for missions 😉

EDIT:

When I put 2 or more people onboard the raft, only the first one stands on place. The rest  of them "levitate at 2m high. It happens in "Bow Precission mission" too. Any sugestions to fix it?

Thank you very much.

null

image.png

Edited by MaxVB