Jump to content

Mystery helo update?


ST0RM
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tengu said:

Did you mean the BO-105?

No, there's an additional helicopter either planned or under work from Razbam in addition to the Bo-105.

 

I remember in a recent podcast interview, prowler (Razbam's CEO) said that they'll make S-61 Seaking but don't know if it's that mystery helo. But it probably is 🙂

 

Apparently Razbam wants to make more helicopters as time goes too.

 

  • Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think the S-61 Seaking is the mystery helo. They have said they are making one heavy US helo and two European helos. I think the US one is the S-61 Seaking but the European helos no one knows. I really hope they are working on an Alouette III because they would fit perfectly with the Falklands map and it's one of my favorite helicopters. It has good armament as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

I don't think the S-61 Seaking is the mystery helo. They have said they are making one heavy US helo and two European helos. I think the US one is the S-61 Seaking but the European helos no one knows. I really hope they are working on an Alouette III because they would fit perfectly with the Falklands map and it's one of my favorite helicopters. It has good armament as well.

 

Despite Argentine use, the Alouette wouldn’t be high up my list for a Falklands helo…

 

How about:

 

Lynx

Wasp

Sea King (WS-61, not S-61)

Wessex

Puma

Scout

Chinook

 

and Gazelle, which we already have…

 

 


Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, rkk01 said:

 

Despite Argentine use, the Alouette wouldn’t be high up my list for a Falklands helo…

 

How about:

 

Lynx

Wasp

Sea King (WS-61, not S-61)

Wessex

Puma

Scout

Chinook

 

and Gazelle, which we already have…

 

 

 

 

It's confirmed we are getting the Sea King one day but most of those that you mentioned were primarily used by the British. I understand that's what you prefer and there's nothing wrong with that but I personally would like to see Argentina just as fleshed out as the British will be. The Argentinians did not use their two Lynxes from what I understand while they did use their Alouette III's very much. I would hope that RAZBAM sees the value in a full-fidelity Alouette III just as much as a Lynx or Puma, but I mean... Chinook above Alouette III? Seriously?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

 

It's confirmed we are getting the Sea King one day but most of those that you mentioned were primarily used by the British. I understand that's what you prefer and there's nothing wrong with that but I personally would like to see Argentina just as fleshed out as the British will be. The Argentinians did not use their two Lynxes from what I understand while they did use their Alouette III's very much. I would hope that RAZBAM sees the value in a full-fidelity Alouette III just as much as a Lynx or Puma, but I mean... Chinook above Alouette III? Seriously?

 


I only did a bit of wiki research, but didn’t get the sense that the Alouette saw much use???  How many were deployed?
 

For me, it’s only really the first 3 that are important - and that’s based on usage / relevance rather than any personal preference.  
 

Happily do without the Chinook and Puma, although I believe the Puma was used by both sides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rkk01 said:


I only did a bit of wiki research, but didn’t get the sense that the Alouette saw much use???  How many were deployed?
 

For me, it’s only really the first 3 that are important - and that’s based on usage / relevance rather than any personal preference.  
 

Happily do without the Chinook and Puma, although I believe the Puma was used by both sides. 

Argentina used about 10 Alouette III's during the war and lost one. They were crucial for inserting troops into the Malvinas and doing other tasks. It was also used by many other airforces world wide and I've always wanted to fly one 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A sea King would be great.

High on my list.

 

Source IcedVenom? .... or are you being naughty.

 

My gaming system is pure DCS. Nothing but DCS, every bit of software that does not belong there is not there.... I hope!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate. Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo.

Vaicom user. Thrustmeter warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alouette III's not my favorite rotorcraft, and she probably isn't the prettiest girl in the room.  But she served in multiple smaller conflicts.  In addition to Argentina above, Wikipedia claims Pakistan used them in '71 and that Rhodesia and S Africa both used them extensively in their Bush Wars.  South Korea apparently sank a spy ship with one. 

 

The Portuguese used them effectively in their Guerra do Ultramar.  The PoAF fielded several versions, "cannibal" troop carriers to insert paratroopers and "big bad wolf" gunships as they experimented with fighting insurgencies on a budget.  I wouldn't mind having them alongside IndiaFoxtEcho's coming G-91 Gina.

 

This post isn't intended to argue it's DCS superiority to any of the other candidates in rkk01's list, only to show that the Alouette III may have done more than people give her credit for.

 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:25 AM, rkk01 said:

Despite Argentine use, the Alouette wouldn’t be high up my list for a Falklands helo…

 

How about:

 

Lynx

Wasp

Sea King (WS-61, not S-61)

Wessex

Puma

Scout

Chinook

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

For a Euro bird, I would love a Lynx. Or a big boi like an H-101 Merlin. Frankly, I could not care less about Puma’s or SuperPuma’s. I would throw $100 at DCS for a NH-90 tho - that’s for damned sure. But I think that’s too out of reach, same with the Merlin. 

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, Nomatic said:

For a Euro bird, I would love a Lynx. Or a big boi like an H-101 Merlin. Frankly, I could not care less about Puma’s or SuperPuma’s. I would throw $100 at DCS for a NH-90 tho - that’s for damned sure. But I think that’s too out of reach, same with the Merlin. 

I am also into Euro birds. Ya know, Eastern Euro 🙂

aircraft_862.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, IcedVenom said:

I think the US one is the S-61 Seaking

Highly doubt that. They’re also making the South Atlantic Map, which is the Falklands. I guarantee that their Sea King will be the British license-built Westland Sea King. Plus, the Westland version is much more advanced and capable than the American version.

 

As for the real American helo, I recall Razbam hosting a vote asking if the community wanted “Large helicopters”, to which the community overwhelmingly voted “yes”.

 

So the American helicopter would likely be a Stallion or Chinook. As for the 2nd European helicopter, who knows?

But a Westland Sea King + Stallion/Chinook would be an awesome helicopter lineup to have!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 12:50 PM, IcedVenom said:

I am also into Euro birds. Ya know, Eastern Euro 🙂

 

Ka-29 would be fun. Probably too little information and too much classified though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This is what razbam shared years ago. 

Soo if still a heavy US helo is in the plans, then it should be the stallion

 

f21nJdyIYpAQ6cMH5vsiMsloDa5RWZ6OSVf1zN73

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/a.316309961788982.75719.316077818478863/1374080826011885/?type=3&theater

 

 


Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64D Mi-24P | F-4E

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60

 

Youtube

Z390 / i7 9700K / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 1.5 tb SSD and 1 tb HDD // MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...