Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

11 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Renamed a waypoint in F18 but when I go to the cockpit and check my waypoints, the waypoint only has a number. Is this not implemented in the F18 yet?

The Hornet has no way to input a waypoint name from the cockpit, it can only be loaded as pre-named via MUMI (data cartridge).

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I'm having an issue with v2 that's repeatable: works fine initially, load waypoints upload to viper, minimize theway... go for my sortie, but when I bring up theway again (after dying usually) it's only a black box the size theway used to be. Check task manager and there are several instances of theway in there. I'm able to force close them all but lose all the waypoints I had in there. Seems to not like being minimized and then brought back again?

edit: Additional info; Shut down DCS, TheWay was still open, however when I brought it up from minimized it was black again... i was able to click close where the red X normally is and it closed. So the program isn't crashed, but it's only showing a black rectangle where the program usually shows.

Edited by LTRMcrew

On 6/4/2023 at 3:04 PM, Sprool said:

As a work-round I can program the location of the targets then switch to FLIR and use TOO mode but then I lose the ability to ripple off up to 4 JDAM's on 4 close targets.

You can ripple 4 JDAMs in TOO.

As every TOO can store a position for each weapon station, you can preprogram 8 positions (4 for TOO1 and 4 for TOO2):
(Default) WPN station 8, switch it to TOO1, select your WP, TXDSG,
step WPN to station 2, switch it to TOO1, select your WP, TXDSG,
step WPN to station 7, .... (rinse and repeat)

After finishing this this, change quantity: box all 4 stations.

Make your run.

Attention:
QTY has to be deselected (unboxed) for all stations before assigning them WPs as TOO!
Otherwise you will overwrite the waypiont on the previous station and all stations have the same coordinates.

On 6/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, flyingscotsman said:

Hi Comrade Doge, Looks like a great tool I am getting cannot connect to DCS. Sure I'm doing something stupid...usually best to assume operator error. So I have main DCS Beta on my E:\Drive. I have put the The Way lua in C:\Users\mygamename\SavedGames\DCS Open Beta\Scripts.

I installed the new V2 version, I may have put the 'add this bit to the Lua file' in the wrong place, Its at the very bottom - See attached 7zip files

I ran DCS world Beta, and then tabbed the screen to open The Way, the window appears, but says, cannot connect to DCS world

I opened a Nevada map with an Apache and could set up waypoints on the DCS mission editor map, but could not get The Way to respond.

Feel free to slap me for being daft, no rush either, I'm a patient ex mil guy

THANK YOU

TheWay.7z 1.5 kB · 3 downloads Export.7z 229 B · 3 downloads

Hi, the problem is that you have pasted that line in the wrong file, it should be placed in the Export.lua file, not at the end of TheWay.lua file. If you remove it from there, and paste it at the end of the Export.lua, it should work correctly.

14 hours ago, LTRMcrew said:

I'm having an issue with v2 that's repeatable: works fine initially, load waypoints upload to viper, minimize theway... go for my sortie, but when I bring up theway again (after dying usually) it's only a black box the size theway used to be. Check task manager and there are several instances of theway in there. I'm able to force close them all but lose all the waypoints I had in there. Seems to not like being minimized and then brought back again?

edit: Additional info; Shut down DCS, TheWay was still open, however when I brought it up from minimized it was black again... i was able to click close where the red X normally is and it closed. So the program isn't crashed, but it's only showing a black rectangle where the program usually shows.

Hi, this is interesting, it might be a problem i haven't detected until now... i hope i can find a fix for it

• Like 1

Hi. I'm another one with the dreaded 'No connection to DCS' showing. Also got the graphical glitch many others mentioned in this thread with the black square with a small green circle in the middle of the black square on the F10 map. I also note another graphical glitch: the printing in The Way interface box is fuzzy and washed out and if you scroll over it with the mouse, it comes back into focus and fuzzes out again when scroll off the printing. 

I am running no mods, but the MT DCS version. I have followed the installation instructions very carefully and don't seem to have made a mistake in installing.

BTW, thanks very much for this app: incredible if can get it to work properly.

Anzac

@anzac for that no connection error, if you are playing on local server check in server settings are these 3 options allowed, I had these disabled therefore the app returned an error, no connection.

Screenshot_20230313_125804_Firefox.jpg

Edited by MrG721

DCS Steam Edition Hangar:

DCS.png

Thanks Mr G721. Appreciate it. An6y idea about those graphical back square on F10 map with green circle inside the black square and the Way box's printing all fuzzy unless mouse over? I'm not the only one to report this anomaly. 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:43 AM, Comrade Doge said:

Hi, this is interesting, it might be a problem i haven't detected until now... i hope i can find a fix for it

Flying today, f16 with v2;  I was able to select waypoints no problem, upload to aircraft, minimize TheWay... flew about 45 mins, landed, rearmed, curious and went to open TW again... no go comes up with black rectangle... and the icon on taskbar is now gone. Still able to close TW using the red x where it would be in the black box... maybe something is timing out?

hello Comrade Doge:

I like the way point auto entry tool you made, it makes the game more interesting, I have a suggestion for you, I hope you can consider the improvement:

1. The shortcut keys cannot be customized, and this improvement will help some players

2. I am a VR player. When I play F18 and AH64D, I need to take off my helmet to click the pop-up option and confirm of this tool, which is not very convenient for VR users. I hope you can produce two versions, one is to keep the current one unchanged, and the second is improved. Including I play AH64D, I play the front seat, so I hope that when I input the coordinates, I do not need to choose the front seat or the back seat, or I can set the prompt to check, I do not want to prompt to uncheck, AH64D front and rear seats, you can choose in advance in the tool options, so that you do not need to take off the helmet to confirm the input, thank you very much, praise for you!! !

Edited by corel3

On 6/16/2023 at 7:23 AM, anzac said:

Thanks Mr G721. Appreciate it. An6y idea about those graphical back square on F10 map with green circle inside the black square and the Way box's printing all fuzzy unless mouse over? I'm not the only one to report this anomaly. 

Hi, I am aware that this issue can arise for some people, however I couldn't for the life of me get it reproduced. Can you PM me a video of the behavior, from start to finish, and also your PC specs?

On 6/16/2023 at 5:39 PM, Pwgilbert said:

I'm sorry, I followed your instructions......downloaded the zip file and extracted it. Moved the Way.lua file and edited the Way.export file. I cannot find Way.exe!!

Please make sure you have downloaded from the Releases section, and not the source code.

17 hours ago, tonod said:

any news about new map? now can`t use in new map

Are you referring to the Sinai map? It should work there as well, if it isn't, PM me a video of the behavior so I can take a look. I do not own the map so I will have to do some guesswork.

3 hours ago, corel3 said:

hello Comrade Doge:

I like the way point auto entry tool you made, it makes the game more interesting, I have a suggestion for you, I hope you can consider the improvement:

1. The shortcut keys cannot be customized, and this improvement will help some players

2. I am a VR player. When I play F18 and AH64D, I need to take off my helmet to click the pop-up option and confirm of this tool, which is not very convenient for VR users. I hope you can produce two versions, one is to keep the current one unchanged, and the second is improved. Including I play AH64D, I play the front seat, so I hope that when I input the coordinates, I do not need to choose the front seat or the back seat, or I can set the prompt to check, I do not want to prompt to uncheck, AH64D front and rear seats, you can choose in advance in the tool options, so that you do not need to take off the helmet to confirm the input, thank you very much, praise for you!! !

Hello, about the shortcut keys, as it is at the moment, those are hardcoded in, I will try and make them customizable, if possible. As for the VR prompts, it's a tricky situation, as some people fly both seats from time to time, but I will try to set up a default value for this.

Hello, it's a very nice tool and it works very well with Apache and Falcon but I'm not able to transfer my waypoints in the Hornet : I'm in Precise mod with coordinates in 00:00:0000 mod an not in TAC 3 menu but it doesnt seem to enter values ...
Does it need to have default key bindings to work or it's not a problem ? I'm pretty sure I changed it long time ago 🤔

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Yea, that's the exact same problem I'm having and I cannot use the Way as a result. Notice well: as well as the black square on the map, also see how the writing in the actual The Way window is fuzzy. If you put your mouse pointer over that writing, it becomes clear. Take it away, and the writing fuzzes up again. It's clearly connected to graphical issues of The Way, map and DCS. But how to fix? Come on, this must be affecting a good portion of you. 

48 minutes ago, Sprool said:

Such a great tool for F-16 missions, I'm wondering if you will be working on a version for the newly released F-15e?

Literaly, from his Github 🙂

null

image.png

• Like 2

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

33 minutes ago, Hoggorm said:

Is this add-on considered cheating in multiplayer servers that monitor integrity, such as Operation Blue Flag?

No, it does not modify any game files, it will not trigger any integrity checks

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 1