DCS aircraft database. Dates, equipment, capabilities.

some1

I've created a small spreadsheet for myself to gather in one place various information on DCS flyable aircraft. Maybe others will find it helpful or interesting. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O-uUsMs8uMK4-q-WxTxzSQA-IkwQ7ecpmoRta9Kse-w/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by some1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 13

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On 6/27/2021 at 1:05 PM, some1 said:

I've created a small spreadsheet for myself to gather in one place various information on DCS flyable aircraft. Maybe others will find it helpful or interesting. 

Fun fact: Yak-52 is a newer design than F-14.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O-uUsMs8uMK4-q-WxTxzSQA-IkwQ7ecpmoRta9Kse-w/edit?usp=sharing

awesome work!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Cool, thx.

Did you know... ? F-15C has marginal TACAN implementation only to get distance to the tanker with the cockpit switch animated and HUD indication.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 hours ago, draconus said:

Cool, thx.

Did you know... ? F-15C has marginal TACAN implementation only to get distance to the tanker with the cockpit switch animated and HUD indication.

That's the way it is in RL, you only get distance no bearing to the tanker, just like "yardstick".

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

12 hours ago, CoBlue said:

That's the way it is in RL, you only get distance no bearing to the tanker, just like "yardstick".

I know, but the RL AC has full TACAN functionality, working not only with tankers and opened fuel hatch.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...

Cool Stuff!

Question:

Are you sure about the weight of the A-10 and F/A-18? Those look more like a typical take-off weight. But I may be mistaken of course.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, Hiob said:

Are you sure about the weight of the A-10 and F/A-18? Those look more like a typical take-off weight

Have you read the note at the bottom?

Ready to fly, with 60% fuel, no external stores, in tonnes

29 minutes ago, draconus said:

Have you read the note at the bottom?

Yes, that's precisely why I asked.

Because as far as I know (not that far! just wikipedia), the A-10II has an empty-weight of less than 10t (thats what I remembered) and with 60% fuel it should weigh max. 13t.

But I don't know for sure - that's why I asked. Perhaps OP has better sources.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 hours ago, some1 said:

Weights are straight from DCS payload editor.

Makes sense...

ED probably did a lot more research than I ever did! 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Because as far as I know (not that far! just wikipedia), the A-10II has an empty-weight of less than 10t (thats what I remembered) and with 60% fuel it should weigh max. 13t.

But I don't know for sure - that's why I asked. Perhaps OP has better sources.

You'd have to run DCS to check. I'd suspect gun ammo, CM's and aircraft fluids...

4 minutes ago, draconus said:

You'd have to run DCS to check. I'd suspect gun ammo, CM's and aircraft fluids...

You're probably right.

The ammo in this bird alone weighs a ton I guess.... 😅 (no sarcasm!)

Edited by Hiob

11 hours ago, Hiob said:

You're probably right.

The ammo in this bird alone weighs a ton I guess.... 😅 (no sarcasm!)

The GAU-8 itself weighs 620 pounds (280 kg), but the complete weapon, with feed system and drum, weighs 4,029 pounds (1,828 kg) with a maximum ammunition load.

ammo type selected does affect overall weight

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Looking for something similar for the AAR Tankers in the game:

Tanker(s)          
Module AAR Refueling Method KC-135 MPRS KC-135 BDA KC-135 Boom S-3B IL-76 KC-130
A-10A Boom     Y     Y
A-10C Boom     Y     Y
A-10C II Boom     Y     y
F-15C Boom     Y     Y
F-16C Boom     Y     Y
AV-8B Probe Y     Y    
F/A-18C Probe Y     Y    
F-14 Probe Y     Y    
JF-17 Probe Y     Y    
M-2000C Probe Y     Y    
Su-33 Probe Y     Y    

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just came across this. That's an incredible comprehensive list you put together there. Awesome stuff! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Awesome!
It would be great to do the same for A-A missiles (modifications).

And needs to be corrected:
F/A-18C Lot 20, Entered service circa mid 2000s (modification with more powerful engines F404-GE-402, APG-73 Radar, APX-111 Combined Interrogator/Transponder (CIT), ASQ-228 Advanced Targeting FLIR (ATFLIR), and Link 16 datalink networking capability through a Multifunction Information Distribution System (MIDS) terminal) -> https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/F/A-18C

PS: F404-GE-402 in service from 1992

Edited by strelok2014

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

• 3 months later...
  • some1 changed the title to DCS aircraft database. Dates, equipment, capabilities.