VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

7 hours ago, Marco Schaap said:

Is this MP compatible? It looks amazing!

I am afraid it won't pass IC. 

1 hour ago, MIghtymoo said:

Just tried this mod, and it is just awesome!

Highly recommended!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

1 hour ago, Zyll said:

I'm interested to know whether there's conflict with @Taz1004 Optimized Syria found here:

Would we want to apply one first then the other?

It works great with Taz's trees - I highly recommend using his mod. It doesn't matter when you apply it as I didn't touch the trees in my work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barthek said:

I am afraid it won't pass IC. 

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

It works great with Taz's trees - I highly recommend using his mod. It doesn't matter when you apply it as I didn't touch the trees in my work.

He's referring to the Optimizer, not necessarily the tree mod alone.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

No problem Barthek. I looked at the contents of both and only Unique.zip is common in both. The size difference is minimal between Taz's optimized versions of files and yours. I think it's a safe bet to install Taz's package first, then yours second, allowing your mod to overwrite unique.zip.

Zyll @ TAW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zyll said:

No problem Barthek. I looked at the contents of both and only Unique.zip is common in both. The size difference is minimal between Taz's optimized versions of files and yours. I think it's a safe bet to install Taz's package first, then yours second, allowing your mod to overwrite unique.zip.

Zyll @ TAW

Just tried it. Looks fine.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hey @Barthek, nice work! I'm posting a note here as you might have missed it in the other thread: your Vivid Channel mod has been unavailable for quite some time now, could you check the link? Perhaps it'd be cool to update that mod as well... 😇 Thanks for your work!

5 hours ago, Picchio said:

Hey @Barthek, nice work! I'm posting a note here as you might have missed it in the other thread: your Vivid Channel mod has been unavailable for quite some time now, could you check the link? Perhaps it'd be cool to update that mod as well... 😇 Thanks for your work!

Let's wait and see what the upcomming Normandy 2 brings. 😉

5 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

@BarthekAny plans on improving NTTR-map? 🤞

Currently there are no plans upgrading the NTTR, sorry.

36 minutes ago, Barthek said:

Let's wait and see what the upcomming Normandy 2 brings. 😉

Currently there are no plans upgrading the NTTR, sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Crying_GIF.gif

PS: When I am finished with work today, I will enjoy the "Vivid for Syria 2".
Only had time to test it free flying for 5-10 mins...Which was still enough time to WOW me...

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Like 2

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

21 hours ago, Picchio said:

Normandy and Channel are distinct maps though. I take you're no longer supporting your Channel mod?

They are disctinct maps, indeed, but the majority of people will upgrade to Normandy 2, so it seems better to wait and check what the map will have to offer out of the box. As for the Channel mod - yeah, the development is on hold (at least for now).

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hello Barthek. I just tried the mod for the map of Syria. It's amazing how much the maps improve with your mods. My only complaint is that there seem to be no bump maps. The textures look very flat. Is it possible to add bump maps? This is an effect that beautifies the maps a lot, especially when you fly with the sun casting long shadows.

Edited by Marez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Barthek, I have noticed that when the mod ( vivid syria)  is applied, around the areas where the polytunnel greenhouses are, there is an area of bad texture, with the camo pattern and "missing texture" text showing......

Did you know and can it be fixed?

many thanks! 

• Like 2

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

It is a great Mod.  Hopefully, it is a simple fix.  I tried looking in the DCS.log to see if there was any obvious file that could simply be deleted or replaced. I guess I missed it, could not see anything. 

I did not think you could make Syria better. 

Thanks @Barthek Good luck on the patch if you get time. 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 8/11/2023 at 8:43 AM, killjoy73au said:

223750_20230811162613_1.png

223750_20230811162609_1.png

Yep, the same, I uninstalled this mod after the last Syria update so few weeks ago.

@Barthek where are you? 😆

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro