P-47D 20-RE Razorback as an option

River

An N model would be nice for the Pacific, had wet wings, the only Jug to have them I believe. 

Edit: Yeah!!!!.......it's been a bit, I know.... but Razorbacks were in the Pacific too. LOL... I had meant to come right back and do that edit that day...... but the wife and I had the great grand kids back then... I got busy....

Edited by _Hoss

Sempre Fortis

11 hours ago, Aernov said:

Razorback would be wonderful, even if it was a separate module. WW2-centered portion of ED is small, sadly, but this won't be a full scale module development either, and post-release support would be pretty much completely shared with existing D-30/40. And razorback does look better )

The P-47s that made most of the work were the razorbacks. The big P-47 aces Johnson, Kirby, Gabi, etc, made most, if not all of their kills in razorbacks, yet all people see are the bubble tops that were mostly 9th AF planes.

Same goes for the P-51s, the ones that made the difference were the B models, not the D.

I’d buy a razorback or a B-pony as separate modules.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 7 months later...

+1

Not giving up hope yet for a Razorback Thunderbolt!

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Would be the better Thunderbolt for Normandy honestly.  Same with the P-51

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

3 hours ago, Magic Zach said:

Would be the better Thunderbolt for Normandy honestly.  Same with the P-51

Those razorbacks are actually faster, so not only art design would be involved in making those.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Razors were in Normandy in 1944 as well. Thy'd be a really great fit for the time period and war simulation for us.

They were all razorbacks during normandy. The first bubble tops D-25 were just entering service at that time.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 1 month later...

While razorback P-47s made up the bulk of the Thunderbolt fleet in mid-1944, the bubbletop was in theatre for June 6 and the greater Normandy campaign.

The first image is Lt. Robert Coffey's plane, "Coffey's Pot", in full invasion stripes. Shot down July 11 but the pilot survived. The second image is of P-47s assembling on June 6, with a small number of bubbletop Thunderbolts in the group.

Of course, we have the D-30 and D-40 variants instead of the D-25, so it's a moot point I suppose.

A P-47 Thunderbolt (C4-Y, serial number 42-26407) of the 365th Fighter Group. Handwritten caption on reverse: '388th FS, 365th FG, 9th AF.'P47s_DDay.png

image.png

Edited by SabreDancer
Initial post deleted all of my text
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, grafspee said:

P-51 B/C would deliver even more pain for axis fighters, since B/C were noticeable faster 😛

But just 4 .50 cals and given DCS damage modeling still seems off. It would give the Germans more survivability.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

12 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But just 4 .50 cals and given DCS damage modeling still seems off. It would give the Germans more survivability.

Good point, but p-47 razorback had 8 of them right ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would gladly pay for a Razorback as well!

• Like 3

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 2 months later...