Cowboy's (NOT a) SeaHawk UH-60a Mod (AI only)

After releasing my "FSF-1 SeaFighter" ship, I have received multiple requests to release my "SeaHawk" mod. To be clear, I don't have a "SeaHawk" but I am releasing the following and this topic is for discussion / feedback of my (NOT a) Seahawk UH-60a mod. 

This project was originally meant to replace the existing, old SH-60b eyesore model with something that looked better as a personal entertainment / learning exercise. I fully expect his mod to be moot when ED finally releases a new SH-60 and other modders release their flyable BlackHawk; (both of those models should be much better than this) but if you can't wait until then...

---------

v1.0.0722 update is now available

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Cowboy's (NOT a) SeaHawk UH-60a Mod (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

---------

=======================================================================================

Note: This release now includes all of the liveries from my old UH-60a skin pack (adapted for this mod). You no longer need to add my old "UH-60a Livery Pack (Multiple Country H-60 variants)" to have them working in this mod

What this mod does:

1) Allows you to have the appearance and capability of: ESSS External Stores, MH-60L DAP, MH-60R StrikeHawk, MH-60S Knighthawk
2) New Tasking: Anti-Ship Strike, CAS, GroundAttack, and AFAC
3) New loadouts: Hellfires, Hydra rockets, fuel tanks, and Penguin anti-ship missile
4) I've included a few liveries of mine adapted for this mod. However, most UH-60a liveries are compatible (but need to be copied to the \Liveries\CLP_UH60aMOD folder because DCS treats this as a separate aircraft)
5) the mod will be listed as "UH-60a MOD (CLP)" in the mission editor

Now, LOTS of disclaimers / credits:

1) This mod creates a user files virtual duplicate of the existing DCS UH-60a to allow user defined loadouts. The 3d models included in this package are "add-ons" to the existing UH-60a

This mod DOES NOT alter or redistribute the DCS UH-60a model. The DCS UH-60a model is the Intellectual Property of Eagle Dynamics. The manufacturer and owner of the Intellectual Property rights did not in any way sponsor, endorse or aid in the development of this mod.

2) This mod DOES NOT modify core DCS files. All additions are in "User Files"

3) This mod is NOT a Seahawk (did you see the catchy title?). Although I have included a "MH-60R" package, technically, it is NOT correct. Since this mod only "bolts on" some appearance packages and allows new tasking and weapons on the existing UH-60a, there are many things that are technically incorrect (ie gear, doors, etc.). In fact, EVERYTHING in this mod I did with only MK.1 eyeball using some photos I found on the internet. I do NOT represent anything found here as correct. As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.

======
credit to
rato65 - whose original "UH-60 US Coast Guard Mod" inspired me to make this (and to start 3d modeling in this first place)
EasyPeac3's UH-60 template was used in creating all my UH-60 liveries
=======

Notes:

1) Since all the add-ons are considered weapons/pods, they are stripped off when the helo parks. like Cinderella at midnight, the helo will revert to a plain UH-60a

2) The door gunners still don't work. (why would ED include fully animated gunners that don't do anything?) I haven't figured out the code for that yet. If anyone can assist, please let me know. Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the in-game animation working for the FLIR pods. As such, this is a "beta" build

Changelog:

v1.0.0722: fix for LASER GUIDED WEAPONS not working after DCS update

v1.0.0125
corrected wrong UH-60L variant

v1.0.0123
Added 4 more models / configurations: MH-60R no pylons, MH-60S no pylons, MH-60L (legacy) with pylons and UH-60J
Re-worked R/S/ESSS models and textures
Added/modified liveries
Added Damage code (thanks to "RustyGunner" for identifying it was missing)
Modified fuel tank code to avoid any potential conflicts

v0.9.1116 BETA
Added 3 no pylon configurations: HH-60G, MH-60L (legacy), and a "Mike" configuration
all flirs are now rigged for animation (for future development)
Added/modified liveries
Added additional parts to "DAP", "L", and "M" variants

v0.9.1110 BETA
1st Public Release

CLP_UH60aMOD Instructions.jpg

There are now 8 unarmed "slicks"

uh-60a_mod_2.jpg

uh-60a_mod_3.jpg

and 4 armed versions (with pylons)

uh-60a_mod_1.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
updated latest release version to 1.0.0722
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 10

Fanstastic!

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Can't wait.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

It is up.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

ok, it is up now. For those interested, ALL of my UH-60a liveries, including those associated with this mod have roughmet. (for those of you that don't know what that is, put simply it is info used to determine how light interacts with the object to produce roughness, metallic and ambient occlusion effects). However, DCS doesn't have a default for the UH-60a model, so my roughmet's don't "activate"

I did NOT include a default with the mod, because that would impact ALL UH-60a liveries, not just mine or the ones in this mod. However, I think it makes a big difference and the liveries were intended to have this.

So, I give you a default roughmet here, that you can choose to install. This will not only activate all the custom roughmets in my liveries but will also change the look of all other uh-60 liveries. Install the same way that you installed my UH-60a mod, just unzip to your user files. after install, you should have a "uh60_texture_RoughMet.dds" file in the "textures" folder of my mod, example: "C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\CLP_UH-60a_MOD\Textures\"

NOTE: you can use any other livery you want with my mod (this includes my Multiple Country H-60 variants UH-60a livery pack, or the great liveries by EasyPeac3, or flewpastu) by copying those liveries to the \Liveries\CLP_UH60aMOD folder where you installed this mod. However, The added parts in this mod may not be compatible with all liveries. If someone has a specific livery that they want to have the parts matched to, I might consider requests...

EDIT: Default roughmet is now included as standard in v1.0.0123 of the mod

Edited by prccowboy
edit added general livery comments
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

Such a great mod, thanks for sharing!

glad you like it. I hadn't actually intended to release it publicly, but I made the mistake of having a dev in screenshots of the FSF-1 mod and the cat was out of the bag. (how did you people even notice that it wasn't a standard uh-60 in those photos anyway?, lol)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

WOW prccowboy! This is a superb mod to go with your amazing liveries for the existing UH-60A. Love your Sea Fighter mod as well. Please share any other mods you think are not up to scratch. If this is your "entry" bench-mark, we would love to see as your "learn". Really look forward to more great mods 🤩 Thanks again

10 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

The MH60S variant (knighthawk) of the USN looks like this, it has the tail mounted gear unlike other navy SH variants. 

😀 that was why I included the -S as a last minute add. (I just discovered that the S was based on UH-60 not SH-60 right before I was going to release this mod). Radar/FLIR model might not be correct though (I just reused the FLIR I made for the R and flipped it over)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, USSInchon said:

This is absolutely fantastic, is there any way to have just the refueling probe for an HH-60G type?

something like this? I'm working on 2 "slicks" since I have had a bunch of requests for it. WIP - proof of concept test, below:

Screen_211114_094820.jpg

Screen_211114_095002.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
updated screenshots
  • Like 9

On 11/11/2021 at 9:25 AM, prccowboy said:

After releasing my "FSF-1 SeaFighter" ship, I have received multiple requests to release my "SeaHawk" mod. To be clear, I don't have a "SeaHawk" but I am releasing the following and this topic is for discussion / feedback of my (NOT a) Seahawk UH-60a mod. 

This project was originally meant to replace the existing, old SH-60b eyesore model with something that looked better as a personal entertainment / learning exercise. I fully expect his mod to be moot when ED finally releases a new SH-60 and other modders release their flyable BlackHawk; (both of those models should be much better than this) but if you can't wait until then...

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Cowboy's (NOT a) SeaHawk UH-60a Mod (AI only) (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

What this mod does:

1) Allows you to have the appearance and capability of: ESSS External Stores, MH-60L DAP, MH-60R StrikeHawk, MH-60S Knighthawk
2) New Tasking: Anti-Ship Strike, CAS, GroundAttack, and AFAC
3) New loadouts: Hellfires, Hydra rockets, fuel tanks, and Penguin anti-ship missile
4) I've included a few liveries of mine adapted for this mod. However, most UH-60a liveries are compatible (but need to be copied to the \Liveries\CLP_UH60aMOD folder because DCS treats this as a separate aircraft)
5) the mod will be listed as "UH-60a MOD (CLP)" in the mission editor

Now, LOTS of disclaimers / credits:

1) This mod creates a user files virtual duplicate of the existing DCS UH-60a to allow user defined loadouts. The 3d models included in this package are "add-ons" to the existing UH-60a

This mod DOES NOT alter or redistribute the DCS UH-60a model. The DCS UH-60a model is the Intellectual Property of Eagle Dynamics. The manufacturer and owner of the Intellectual Property rights did not in any way sponsor, endorse or aid in the development of this mod.

2) This mod DOES NOT modify core DCS files. All additions are in "User Files"

3) This mod is NOT a Seahawk (did you see the catchy title?). Although I have included a "MH-60R" package, technically, it is NOT correct. Since this mod only "bolts on" some appearance packages and allows new tasking and weapons on the existing UH-60a, there are many things that are technically incorrect (ie gear, doors, etc.). In fact, EVERYTHING in this mod I did with only MK.1 eyeball using some photos I found on the internet. I do NOT represent anything found here as correct. As always, this is my artistic representation based on photos of the actual aircraft / my modeling skills, and not necessarily 100% accurate.

======
credit to
rato65 - whose original "UH-60 US Coast Guard Mod" inspired me to make this (and to start 3d modeling in this first place)
EasyPeac3's UH-60 template was used in creating all my UH-60 liveries
=======

Notes:

1) Since all the add-ons are considered weapons/pods, they are stripped off when the helo parks. like Cinderella at midnight, the helo will revert to a plain UH-60a

2) The door gunners still don't work. (why would ED include fully animated gunners that don't do anything?) I haven't figured out the code for that yet. If anyone can assist, please let me know. Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the in-game animation working for the FLIR pods. As such, this is a "beta" build

CLP UH60a Mod.jpg

CLP_UH60aMOD Instructions.jpg

Hi, just a short note to say thank you for the excilent job on the UH-60A. The only thing missing is a Coast Guard Liverie. Thanks once again!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg504221 said:

Hi, just a short note to say thank you for the excilent job on the UH-60A. The only thing missing is a Coast Guard Liverie. Thanks once again!!

If you have a photo of a USCG that is configured with the ESSS or other configs that I have in this mod, then I will adapt a livery for it.