Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

56 minutes ago, AndytotheD said:

As late as October they were pretty confident they would have it out this year (per Iron Mike). I don’t expect they’ll have it out this year, but, like another commenter said, I’m sure they have their noses to the grindstone right now and it may well be closer than we expect. 

All that said, I’m caging my expectations. 

I believe in October Cobra made the post on Reddit that says the war is causing issues and they've hired a lot more people, they're pushing the pedal to the metal, but never gave indication if it's delayed or not. Then in November, Cobra commented here on the forums saying it was nearly completed.

That's really the only news or updates we have on the status. Considering the year is over in just about 5 days, we'll know the answer soon.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dcsil2pilot said:

I believe in October Cobra made the post on Reddit that says the war is causing issues and they've hired a lot more people, they're pushing the pedal to the metal, but never gave indication if it's delayed or not. Then in November, Cobra commented here on the forums saying it was nearly completed.

That's really the only news or updates we have on the status. Considering the year is over in just about 5 days, we'll know the answer soon.

We also have to take into account the testing from ED's side. That could a ton of time, like it did with the F-1 or MB if I recall. 

• Like 2

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

1 hour ago, jaguara5 said:

Since i'm not very familiar with the various F-4E subversions, may i ask if the initially be released Phantom will have all the aerodynamic updates of the later version or will it be BFM wise downgraded (less STR, ITR etc.)?

Afaik both versions of the F-4E we are getting will be equipped with the Agile Eagle upgrade package which included leading edge slats.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

It'd be neat if we'd get a slat-less version eventually. Different flight characteristics and it'd be more fitting for nations that lacked the upgrade. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito

Maybe they'll revisit the E model later on to do a hard wing.  After the Eurofighter, A-6, and Navy Phantom of course though.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

10 hours ago, RevampedGrunt said:

It'd be neat if we'd get a slat-less version eventually. Different flight characteristics and it'd be more fitting for nations that lacked the upgrade. 

Depending on the naval Phantom everyone is like 90% sure will be next we probably will get a hard wing Phantom

24 minutes ago, Czechnology said:

Depending on the naval Phantom everyone is like 90% sure will be next we probably will get a hard wing Phantom

Oh, I was referring to the hard winged E in particular. I know Australia, for the short time they had them, didn't have the AE upgrade, similarly to the Japanese. 

6 hours ago, RevampedGrunt said:

Oh, I was referring to the hard winged E in particular. I know Australia, for the short time they had them, didn't have the AE upgrade, similarly to the Japanese. 

Dunno if we'll ever get one of those. I'd say that anything past the naval phantom would be a loop back to an earlier hard wing USAF/USN plane, but definitely think that if we were to get a foreign variant hard wing or not it's a race between the British and the Japanese variants. Depends on a lot of stuff. EJ among other things might even get the F-16's radar, British get the Skyflash and "better" engines along with their myriad other little bits and pieces they both changed.

Edited by Czechnology

4 minutes ago, Czechnology said:

Dunno if we'll ever get one of those. I'd say that anything past the naval phantom would be a loop back to an earlier hard wing USAF/USN plane, but definitely think that if we were to get a foreign variant hard wing or not it's a race between the British and the Japanese variants. Depends on a lot of stuff. EJ among other things might even get the F-16's radar, British get the Skyflash and "better" engines along with their myriad other little bits and pieces they both changed.

I’d love to see these variants, but I’m not sure Heatblur has the resources to tackle these. Due to the different engines /avionics in the UK variants, unique avionics / missiles in the Japanese ones, and the same for variants like the Greek AUP , German ICE and Turkish Terminator modeling these Phantoms basically means starting over. Not necessarily from Square 1 , but pretty close to it vs the US variants.  Same problem with the later Israeli Kurnass variants. 

• Like 1

There was an interview in September with Enigma, where Cobra mentioned they might try and limit the variants they made. I don’t want to put words in anyone’s mouth but my understanding was that part of what is taking so long to finish the F-14 was that making a few variants was proving a lot more time consuming than expected. Worth noting that’s not a dig: the Tomcat released in a very feature complete state and is probably the gold standard. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

That’s probably the release date of the video, rather than the F-4E module. 

Yes correct this indicates the video - I do wonder though if it coincides with the module release too though? Either way, only a little while longer before we have some real information!

• Like 2

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

It strikes me that, perhaps, HB did finish the Phantom "in time," but they've been working with ED on its final stages. They may have sent it off to ED for final approval and what not, but it just wasn't enough to hit it in time.

• Like 7

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

hace 8 horas, MiG21bisFishbedL dijo:

It strikes me that, perhaps, HB did finish the Phantom "in time," but they've been working with ED on its final stages. They may have sent it off to ED for final approval and what not, but it just wasn't enough to hit it in time.

That might be. The question now is: Which is first? The Eagle or the Phantom? I even heard that the Kiowa is not that far away either. And from the looks of it even the Sinai map seems to be in the finishing stages.  2023 is going to be a good year for sure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bozon said:

Chemtrailes!

These are not chemtrails, but just normal engine exhaust smoke trails. Chemtrails are white in color, because of the chemicals used to indoctrinate people.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

21 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

These are not chemtrails, but just normal engine exhaust smoke trails. Chemtrails are white in color, because of the chemicals used to indoctrinate people.

That's what they make you to believe. Clever plot, to use old planes where one will think it is just smoking to bad engines, all why they enslave you thru colored chems 👹

• Like 4