WHY is the english version $49.99!

Cinch

The price is very very fair. For a simulation of such high fidelity one could expect to pay much more.

Exactly. Steel Beasts anyone? I could say Black Shark for a chopper sim is the same what SB is for a tank sim, yet, BS doesn't cost a fortune and comes with some bada** hardware protection.

50 bucks is a steal..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the $49.99 is a fair price for a sim, I look at it as an investiment for the months and months of pleasurable enjoyment too come. I'm waiting on the release of the DVD, hopefully soon.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

There are lots of games that don't have this level of detail and still cost the same as black shark. I'm in the same situation but I knew that this was going to happen. It was my choice to download the russian version. 50 dollars may seem a lot but still that is what is the cost of most of the games right know. Also don't forget that people that got the torrent could take advantage of a "possible english patch" and that is not fare at all.

The solution: Wait a little bit until you get some spare dollars. You can also be a cheap dad and give some crappy gifts to your boys so you can buy your own cool toy or sim.

First of all...how many damn threads do we need complaining about the same thing? If you want to bitch about the cost of the english version, do it one thread.

Second of all...do some of you whiners even read what you're typing before you post it? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? "First we HAVE to buy the Russian version..." then "...we HAVE to buy the english version again..."

Excuse me? Did I just read that? Who held a gun up to your head to buy the Russian version. The fact that english speakers were even given the option to purchase the CIS version at CIS PRICES is a gift. You should thank ED for giving you the OPTION to buy the CIS version. Remember, they gave you the OPTION...they didn't MAKE you buy it.

If you do not want to pay 49.99 for the english version, then DON'T BUY IT! Unless of course that little imaginary elf is threatening imminent harm or death in the event you fail to make the purchase.

OK, so I'm sorry for the rant, but it's embarrassing! I'm actually embarrassed to be an english speaker right now.

Lead follow or get the hell out of the way...buy it or don't, but stop complaining. But if you must, pick one of the 400 threads that have already been started by other like minded whiny little girls.

If Russians can pay half the price on account having half the Western average income, then the same approach should be used in other countries. Why is it that the same pricing is applied to whole World? If Westeners can (and would) afford 100 USD, let them pay. To me, and to my average income in relation to EU, 25 USD is fair price. Although, the average is closer to Russian and the more preferable price of 10 USD.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I would still pay 100 for it...especially after playing the Russian version and seeing the quality.

This SIM will not get boring in 2 weeks...the longer you spend at I think the greater the sim will be. It has a virtual limitless potential for entertainment no matter how long you've been playing.

Unlike many FPS out there. I'm still having fun with LOMAC and FC's...and those games are 5 and 3 years old.

That and the same things never cost the same in different parts of the world. NYC cost of living is higher than in Yellowknife. The earning potential higher however.

I'd like it close out this thread by sharing how much I really do like chicken pot pies.

That is all.

• Like 1

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Time for a reality check -

Go to your favorite software store and see how many study simulations of this caliber are on the shelf for you to choose from........ The answer is not many. Why? Because the return on X-Box, Nintendo and Wii games is much higher due to the fact that their lack of realism is cheaper to develop and their simplistic game-play appeals to a much broader market - meaning $$$$ for the companies that invest in their development.

Software development takes time and costs money, particularly a simulation with this amount of detail. You simply can't have it both ways, if you want simulations like these to flourish and expand with future additions. If there isn't a viable retail market that supports them they will simply go the way of the Jane's Longbow series and so many others.

If you complain about how long you have to wait only to complain about how much it costs, you won't have anything else of this caliber to wait for in the future because it simply won't be developed.

This is a fantastic simulation that offers a great deal to this community, $upport ED and 1C and hopefully this will be the first of many great simulations we will have the choice to experience in the DCS series.

my 2 cents

Edited by ronht
  • Like 1

The price is right from a western perspective.

I am happy that ED price to region. It is the fair thing to do.

Generally speaking the price that ED is charging in the west ... is UNDER-valuing the product. To my mind it should be more ... much more ... and if we want development to continue apace, we want the developers to be able to make this venture profitable, otherwise why go through the pain?

Well done ED, and thanks for the sims! :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Ok not here to start a fight or anything, but I just saw the English version of BlackShark for $49.99. What gives the Russian version is much cheaper. How is that! I purchased the Russian version because I was wondering if this was going to happen. As of right now I'm a little confused on whats going on here. I love the sim but Dam charge twice as much for a download version of the sim.

It might be me but I don't think it was a smart move for the BS marketing team. Was Ruggbutt part of this team, LOL Kidding!

Well feel free to give your opinion about why its this way, and don't tell me its all about the added campaign, because I will fall over out of my seat :lol:!

I cant believe how tight some people are, really just go buy it. I could spend more than that on a good night out.

Any way just my 2 cents, the game is looking great from the screen shots I've seen on the the forum

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

I bought the Russian version early - for $25 it was a steal.

At $49US, it's still cheaper than I would pay for an off the shelf title like COD4 (for instance). Combined it equals about the price I have to pay for a normal game.

I bought the Russian version fully expecting to have a sim that I couldn't utilise to its fullest because I am an impatient schmuck. For what it is, $49US is a *bargain*. I'd have paid double in a heartbeat.

To those complaining that they wanted a free or reduced upgrade from the Russian version, I was under no impression that buying the Russian version entitled me to anything more than having a copy of the Russian version. In fact, I'm sure it was suggested many times that you would still have to purchase the English version on release to have the training videos in English and the comms in English.

DCS clearly got a wiggle on and released the product well ahead of the February/March schedule. Kudos, now I can enjoy some training missions instead of flying around aimlessly with just a big goofy grin on my face.

Yes all that's been said is true, but is not a bad price at $49 :)

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

$100 is ready for two copies!! The only question I have is when will it be available?

PS

I purchased Russian version and am amazed by the level of detail on this simulator. I will be busy playing for moths and years to come.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Funny thing. For most westerns Poland is Eastern Europe, for ED we are Western Europe and as a matter of fact we live in Central Europe :) I see clearly that DCS is getting MUCH more attention than LO and LO FC. I just hope ED can cast this and the higher price into faster modules releases (by hiring more people?).

Also it would be a good idea for ED to publish their account meter on the web so the junkies who buy multiple copies can think that this 18000$ peak above normal the other day was theirs :D

Keep in mind that buying printed manual (to get checklists) will almost double the price (FC manual costs about 25$ but it has less pages). Still wish for two things - ED to success with DCS BS (it would be hard not to) and for competition to ED to emerge like a Golden Horde :devil_2:

Edited by Bucic

Is it just me who thinks its crazy that it ONLY costs 50$? It costs the same as Sims or GTA or any other brainnumbing GAME when you get so much from this wonderful medium called a study sim.

To put it short - I WOULD PAY 300$ FOR A GREAT SIM!!