UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

4 hours ago, trev5150 said:

Surprisingly, the actual UH-60L TM doesn't have a table of audible alerts, their causes, and operator actions.

???
However, the clean APR39 as in this thread. https://forum.dcs.world/topic/293813-uh-60l-black-hawk-mod-official-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5160052

Now if only there was a way to route that through the headset not the general audio out... 

Edited by SPAS79

I gave the code to the SRS team, we expect an SRS update to be pushed this weekend depending on Ciribob's schedule. For those who can't wait, the required file to update SRS is on the UH-60 discord. 
https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/2.0.8.5

Out now.

Thanks again!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

On 1/27/2023 at 11:10 PM, Eight Ball said:

Nope. ED called dibs on the UH-60.

bandicam 2023-01-07 23-52-12-860.jpg

Good news is the flight model, 3d and 2d will be most likely be really good. Bad is news is it's probably half a decade away...

Well, at least ED didn't pull another "L-39" type bait and switch, that's good I guess

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Download is working and also the link in the .psd file for the paintkit.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

Hi all, happy easter.

Quick question/request: does anyone has or knows of clear pictures of all switches panels (electrical, radio) etc (not angled but basically a top down to add notes and locate them easily?

As you know, the look from seats 1 and 2 are too angled to really read without having your head or POV travelling all over the cockpit.

thanks

dynamic rollover  is too easy. all other helicopters does not have this problem.

Edited by unhappytroll

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

On 4/9/2023 at 10:25 AM, cgjimeneza said:

Hi all, happy easter.

Quick question/request: does anyone has or knows of clear pictures of all switches panels (electrical, radio) etc (not angled but basically a top down to add notes and locate them easily?

As you know, the look from seats 1 and 2 are too angled to really read without having your head or POV travelling all over the cockpit.

thanks

The instruction manual is fairly good.  Also, for starting up, I use ctrl+shift+4 (or 6) to move right smack in the middle of the cockpit.

• Like 1

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

On 4/10/2023 at 11:13 PM, SPAS79 said:

true but I think that's just the nature of the beast. 

it shouldn't be. Or it will have way more crashes on takeoff.

I can lift it up more violently, probably, but it is not right.

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

A-4E-C/MB-339

8 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

it shouldn't be. Or it will have way more crashes on takeoff.

I can lift it up more violently, probably, but it is not right.

I have no time on the machine (I did fly on them as a passenger), but have done the full ATPL(H) thing and have some hours with other types... I'm just guessing that having that "taildragger" configuration must be not easy as the tail wheel would have a tendency to land first, likely take off last (if you're lifting up in the hover vs doing a roll-on takeoff), and make for a single point of contact which would exaggerate any rolling moment. At least with the nose up hover config that the model seems to have in DCS. 

In DCS I find it hard to land on uneven, non-level terrain. A problem which I think has to do with the issue the mod has with partially sinking its wheels into the ground, ontop of that nose up tendency in the hover.
Otherwise it's always pretty easy on the tarmac, never had any hint of a rolling moment on the tarmac. 

In general though, dynamic rollover is a very real and easy to get into issue with real helicopters too, no matter the type, and that's why they all tend to have points of contact with the terrain -wheels or skids- that are larger than the fuselage. 

Just speculating a little for the sake of it. 

Edited by SPAS79

13 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

I have no time on the machine (I did fly on them as a passenger), but have done the full ATPL(H) thing and have some hours with other types... I'm just guessing that having that "taildragger" configuration must be not easy as the tail wheel would have a tendency to land first, likely take off last (if you're lifting up in the hover vs doing a roll-on takeoff), and make for a single point of contact which would exaggerate any rolling moment. At least with the nose up hover config that the model seems to have in DCS. 

In DCS I find it hard to land on uneven, non-level terrain. A problem which I think has to do with the issue the mod has with partially sinking its wheels into the ground, ontop of that nose up tendency in the hover.
Otherwise it's always pretty easy on the tarmac, never had any hint of a rolling moment on the tarmac. 

In general though, dynamic rollover is a very real and easy to get into issue with real helicopters too, no matter the type, and that's why they all tend to have points of contact with the terrain -wheels or skids- that are larger than the fuselage. 

Just speculating a little for the sake of it. 

You are right in the sense that we don't have anything  like that gear scheme in the other DCS helos, and that may  be do bias me for controls. But, thing is, all helos have distinct behavior in response to collective lift up - f.e. Mi-8 banks a little right in the hover, and right wheel is the last that lifts from tarmac. But Mi-8 actually can be very easily trimmed to avoid any trouble on lift off. 

I may understand, f.e. that BH probably wants to lift main wheels first (dunno if there is any pre-tilt on main rotor axle, like Mi-24 has). But behavior of this mod slightly baffles me, because instead of lifting wheels, it's immediately tries to bank as response to collective input. It may be that suspension issue, true, but still.

A-4E-C/MB-339

13 minutes ago, unhappytroll said:

You are right in the sense that we don't have anything  like that gear scheme in the other DCS helos, and that may  be do bias me for controls. But, thing is, all helos have distinct behavior in response to collective lift up - f.e. Mi-8 banks a little right in the hover, and right wheel is the last that lifts from tarmac. But Mi-8 actually can be very easily trimmed to avoid any trouble on lift off. 

I may understand, f.e. that BH probably wants to lift main wheels first (dunno if there is any pre-tilt on main rotor axle, like Mi-24 has). But behavior of this mod slightly baffles me, because instead of lifting wheels, it's immediately tries to bank as response to collective input. It may be that suspension issue, true, but still.

We do have a similar one in DCS. the Apache, and honestly, trying to land it on uneven ground is almost as difficult as the 60. I was trying to do that earlier today and between the nose up tendency and the single wheel on the tail, I was getting very similar behavior. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:03 PM, SPAS79 said:

We do have a similar one in DCS. the Apache, and honestly, trying to land it on uneven ground is almost as difficult as the 60. I was trying to do that earlier today and between the nose up tendency and the single wheel on the tail, I was getting very similar behavior. 

ah, I forgot Apache. I don't have it, but still should remember.

A-4E-C/MB-339

So this may seem like a stupid question. I retired back in 2005 as a 15T (formerly 67T and 66T, O.G. Blackhawk type). 

The more modern APR-39 I guess I'm not familiar with, and I don't know what changes it's gone through.

Flying the H-60 mod, occasionally there is an automated message that repeats over and over and over, I'm assuming it's the APR-39 trying to tell me something. 

Sounds like "auto chemo thrust" in a digital voice. I know that's not what it is, so what is it, and what is it telling me?

I'm ASSUMING it's the APR-39. If not, what system is it, and what is it saying?

Agree.
Anyone notice after todays update that CTLD is not recognizing the 60 anymore. My squadron is having this issue, across multiple servers.
We had no issues on Sunday night with ctld and the Blackhawk.

Zyll @ TAW

3 hours ago, Hootman9104 said:

So this may seem like a stupid question. I retired back in 2005 as a 15T (formerly 67T and 66T, O.G. Blackhawk type). 

The more modern APR-39 I guess I'm not familiar with, and I don't know what changes it's gone through.

Flying the H-60 mod, occasionally there is an automated message that repeats over and over and over, I'm assuming it's the APR-39 trying to tell me something. 

Sounds like "auto chemo thrust" in a digital voice. I know that's not what it is, so what is it, and what is it telling me?

I'm ASSUMING it's the APR-39. If not, what system is it, and what is it saying?

The voice is the apr39, there's a.mod somewhere in this thread (if memory serves) which has clearer audio for the apr39. I've installed it and can now understand when I'm being pinged by radars.

Hey I got a question for ya'll.  I've been flying the 60H for awhile, I'd say about 4-5 months.  I've become VERY good at flying the original Huey but the 60H, MAN I have such a hard time with VRS.  When I'm coming in for a high approach landing if I descend any faster than around 250fpm it becomes a real struggle not to become a victim of VRS.  It will start an exponentially increasing descent rate to 2000 fpm or more.  I can fight it but it requires me to keep an eagle eye on the descent rate and if I'm doing that I can't keep an eye on surroundings, obstructions, drift, etc.  

I can't imagine that in real life this heli is THAT sensitive to VRS that it can't safely descend faster than 250fpm.  I mean it's kinda ridiculous to end up parked at skyscraper level and just have to take 5 minutes to come down because I will surely crash if I don't crawl down like I'm casually taking the stairs.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Batul The Great
Clarification