UH-60L Black Hawk Mod ("Official" Thread)

En 29/10/2022 a las 21:16, GUINCHO dijo:

Gracias firefox ... 

Perdona Guincho, para hacer master arm ON tienes que pulsar o asignar una tecla del joy la combinación (Lalt+spacio) pq creo que no hay ningún pushbutton en la cabina, si no no podrás disparar. (sólo en la versión 1.3 con el mod de miniguns instalado)

La tecla G te muestra en el HUD dónde impactarán las balas.

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Is there a problem with OB 2.8?  I flew it last night without issue.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 3 weeks later...

The excitement is killing me after reading all this thread...and I can't seem to get it work.

Mission Planner has the Blackhawk Cold at Batumi but the mission starts at Ext views of another airfield. I cannot get an F1 position in the aircraft; only F2 and other views. The mission starts with the APU cranking up although I have NO settings or bindings. In other words, I have no default position as Pilot.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

1 hour ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

The excitement is killing me after reading all this thread...and I can't seem to get it work.

most likely, you placed the Mod not at /saved games/dcs/aircraft/ 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is this NOT correct?

It is correct .. please attach your dcs.log file to gather more clues about this issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

@Rudel_chw, can disregard the issue right now, I started a whole new simple mission removing all other potential variables and got the UH-60L as I hoped. I figured out the first 2 attempts were giving me the UH-60H (AI) model. SO all good so far.

Now I'll set up some TM Warhog bindings and try a startup. 

Then maybe I can figure out how/where to install the UH-60L_Pilots-Miniguns_v2.4_2_1 Mod for this mod. That always f#cks me up.

Thanks very much...

• Like 2

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

and try a startup

Glad you sorted it out .. here is a Cold Start mission that I did a while back, set at Marianas, in case you want to give it a try:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322980/

• Like 2

Sure, I'll give anything a try, and thank you.

Is there any suggested Axis setting for this with a Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle? I'm referring to Dead zones, Saturation, or Curvatures

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

👍👍
I am both delighted to see that you have worked well on the livery, but also annoyed to tell you that the external liveries between the UH and the MH will unfortunately not be compatible.
The unwrapping cannot be the same given the modifications and even now the slightest modification breaks it.
I still want to try to align the unwrapping of the fuselage as well as possible

Overview of functions: (livery yet to do and uniforms of the Navy pilots...) 

2.png

Landing lights, search light, rescue spot

8.png3.png

Functional Winch with or without harness, harness, empty or with a character ( here just a test of common character )
4.png
5.png
Independent ESS with hellfire x2 or x4 and side racks with torpedoes or additional tank
14.png
13.png

Configuration with or without the launcher of sonobuoys   and launch of the sonobouoys with parachute

15.png

9.png
10.png 

11.png

Configuration in sonar mode (with controllable descent) or cargo mode 
7.png
6.png

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

👍👍
I am both delighted to see that you have worked well on the livery, but also annoyed to tell you that the external liveries between the UH and the MH will unfortunately not be compatible.
The unwrapping cannot be the same given the modifications and even now the slightest modification breaks it.
I still want to try to align the unwrapping of the fuselage as well as possible

Overview of functions: (livery yet to do and uniforms of the Navy pilots...) 

2.png

Landing lights, search light, rescue spot

8.png3.png

Functional Winch with or without harness, harness, empty or with a character ( here just a test of common character )
4.png
5.png
Independent ESS with hellfire x2 or x4 and side racks with torpedoes or additional tank
14.png
13.png

Configuration with or without the launcher of sonobuoys   and launch of the sonobouoys with parachute

15.png

9.png
10.png 

11.png

Configuration in sonar mode (with controllable descent) or cargo mode 
7.png
6.png

Waowww !! Excellent 👍

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Awesome work!!! I don't mind if they don't match. I've realized that making skins for this mod is not an easy work, but watching the base you're creating I'm very excited to accept the challenge of creating their "kimono". Mate You've also changed the tail wheel position from the UH to the MH position.... what a hard work you're doing!!! Keep pushing it!!

Edited by OLD CROW

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Anybody tell me what the method is to have the door set open from the mission start; is this all with keybinds while LIVE or are there preset options?

2 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Anybody tell me what the method is to have the door set open from the mission start; is this all with keybinds while LIVE or are there preset options?

I use clickable actions, only for Single player mode, like this:

V3stX3n.jpg

P3KYQDI.jpg

Ooooh, didn't think about that, thanks

I have an Orbweaver keyboard so I'm thinking about creating a macro to Open/Close at anytime...not necessarily the Pilot/Copilot.

Has anyone noticed any/much aerodynamic effect of flight with the sliding doors open vs closed, especially during takeoff, hover and landing? I heard years ago it could be significant for some helos, particularly the UH-1.

Can you give me any clues as to where you found the 'Cockpit Device' and 'Command' settings, is there some doc with this info?

Thanks again @Rudel_chw....don't you ever sleep 

2022-12-05 13_43_22-Clipboard.jpg

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

3 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Can you give me any clues as to where you found the 'Cockpit Device' and 'Command' settings

you have to edit the missioneditor.lua file, here is more info:

@Rudel_chw...you left just enough breadcrumbs in your Trigger image above for me to figure part of this out; got all doors (except Pilot) open via Triggers. I found those door Commands referred to in the Keyboard Lua (3406-3409). Then seeing your last piece of GOLD (missioneditor.lua) post left me more puzzled as there doesn't seem to be a similar reference, but then I continued reading the thread referenced and found your use of Trigger > Set Command....and Voila!

And thanks for the missioneditor.lua info...that will definitely come in handy

Pilot Door.jpg

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

got all doors (except Pilot) open via Triggers

Hi, glad you got it working. The pilot door is somehow a special case for the UH-60L, as it does not use a device ... here are the command codes that I have for this helo:

1ER55pO.jpg

The pilot door is opened with the trigger action X:SET COMMAND (10021)  .. i'm attaching a test sample mission:

UH-60L - Training - Test Doors (by Rudel_chw).miz

1 hour ago, Tanuki44 said:

Mission tested at home, only the pilot's door opens... I had already tested these codes without result... an idea?

Maybe you are using a different version of the Mod?  I'm using version 1.3.1 and without the Miniguns add-on