DCS: F-15C Poll

Wizard_03

DCS: F-15C  

587 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a full fiedelity F-15C for DCS?

• Yep
    • Nah

Just now, Mig Fulcrum said:

Ok so the majority of them stick to the Sparrow

I think the ones that responded to 9/11 where able to carry AMRAAM.

I do remember they where limited to mach 1.2ish with a load because of the f100-100 engines. Apparently the 220 engine is better once you pass mach .8 or so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, F-2 said:

I think the ones that responded to 9/11 where able to carry AMRAAM.

I do remember they where limited to mach 1.2ish with a load because of the f100-100 engines. Apparently the 220 engine is better once you pass mach .8 or so.

The site I linked indicates the MSIP F-15A also had -220 engines, which as you correctly assert, are substantially more powerful in the supersonic regime. Specifically they are about equal to a -100 engine that is trimmed at 102% on a cold day...the -220 eagle can comfortably break mach 2 with 8 missiles on a standard day

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, henshao said:

The site I linked indicates the MSIP F-15A also had -220 engines, which as you correctly assert, are substantially more powerful in the supersonic regime. Specifically they are about equal to a -100 engine that is trimmed at 102% on a cold day...the -220 eagle can comfortably break mach 2 with 8 missiles on a standard day

Yes, the ones the responded to 9/11 unfortunately where some of the last with the 100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henshao said:

Makes one wonder how the F-15F would have turned out, the lightweight single seat Eagle airframe with 229 engines.

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

IIRC a handful of -229 F-15Cs were sold to Saudi Arabia; these were built after McD had switched to strike eagle production and were effectively single-seat E's, and thus probably still about 4000lbs heavier than an F-15C. For reference a clean F-15E is quicker to mach 2 than an F-15C by a staggering amount, and the -220 has more guts on the top end

An F-15C with the -229 engines or the GE F110s now in the F-15EX would have some impressive acceleration I'd imagine.

As for a full fidelity F-15C. I'd still pine for an Eagle spec'd to 2004/05. (AIM-9X, APG-63(v1) JHMCS, datalink).

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

31 minutes ago, henshao said:

IIRC a handful of -229 F-15Cs were sold to Saudi Arabia; these were built after McD had switched to strike eagle production and were effectively single-seat E's, and thus probably still about 4000lbs heavier than an F-15C. For reference a clean F-15E is quicker to mach 2 than an F-15C by a staggering amount, and the -220 has more guts on the top end

I know about the post gulf war Saudi Eagles. Did they definitely have the 229?

7 hours ago, henshao said:

I can't say for sure, there's no easy way to tell from the outside

If anyone knows he’s talking about the Peace Sun IV eagles. These where deliver after the end of the normal F-15 production ended. The F-15D have a Strike Eagle body, common engine bay, APG-70 but otherwise have D avionics. The C they got at the same time I’m not sure about.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, Zeagle said:

All aircraft on the ramp are franken birds. I wager that not one single F-15 or any other fighter on any ramp at any airbase exactly matches any particular specification. They all have something different.

As far as FC3 goes, those aircraft included in FC3 are the very heart and soul of DCS. There is nothing preventing ED or any other dev from building them. Plenty of each type are in Western hands already. 

I own practically all the modules. However, I always come back to the FC3 birds. They are the reason I fly DCS. It is literally a travesty that we do not have a full module of each type in the FC3 series. . 

But we have a Hornet that took forever to make and a remake of a KA-50 and lots of Mirage models on the way !  

ED has dropped the ball for me - like I haven’t bought a module of there’s for awhile now and nothing they are releasing is part of what got me into their flight sim.  Literally bought it for the F-15, I didn’t play BMS for a reason.  

at this point I just support Razbam and Heatblur - they seem interested in delivering the classics we love like the Strike Eagle and F-4 (and A-6).  Which means the best F-15A/C will still be the only remaining legend not full fidelity.

I’m shocked honestly after the Hornet and Viper - seems logical the F-15 would follow from ED.  But yeah - they seem to have switched to being chopper (Apache was good choice though) and ww2 (cheaper to make?) company .   

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, USA_Recon said:

I’m shocked honestly after the Hornet and Viper - seems logical the F-15 would follow from ED.  But yeah - they seem to have switched to being chopper (Apache was good choice though) and ww2 (cheaper to make?) company .

They did not switch. They have separate teams for WWII, helicopters and jets. And there is more than F-teen to follow in chosing next module.

Hopefuly The Eagle will become only obvious one left to do.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

They seriously shot this down?
What nonsense.

Also not sure why everyone want's an F-15A or some other nonsense that's old as dirt

I for one enjoy having planes in the game not old enough to be my parents.

An '04~'09 spec F-15C with APG-63v1 DL and other goodies would be my favourite or even an F-15K

F-15k would be more similar to the F-15e Razbam is making 

20 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Also not sure why everyone want's an F-15A or some other nonsense that's old as dirt

Good luck getting planes not that old, between ITAR this and ITAR that, they should probably focus on finishing all the modules on their plate before biting off something like an F-15C, especially with Razbam basically having an F-15E ready to begin showing off. (video showing INS, Toss bombing, and A/A engagement came out today)  Most of the available modules have significant bugs one way or the other, I mean they literally have an uncorrected bug since launch for THE SABRE, and in the forum someone literally did all the research, provided ALL the documentation, and even provided examples on how to fix ED's code handed to them on a silver platter, and still as usual "Reported", Thread Locked, radio silence, rinse and repeat.

I cannot understand the people who look at the current DCS environment and think asking for an even more modern module is a reasonable thing to do with how everything seems to pan out.

• Like 3

If someone expects modern machines in DCS - I don't know, maybe F-22? F-35? B-2? For the latest versions of Grippen or Eurofighter, I personally prefer X-Wing or TIE Fighter because these two will be closer to reality than the F-22/35 modules etc in DCS ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/20/2022 at 4:17 AM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

They seriously shot this down?
What nonsense.

An '04~'09 spec F-15C with APG-63v1 DL and other goodies would be my favourite or even an F-15K

Because older planes are more fun

Stuck & rudder skills and classic gauges > learning all the correct button sequences on yet another MFD screen

Don't get me wrong, I have spent a lot of time in the Hornet and a few others, but it was because I wanted to experience the campaigns in DCS and not because I especially like to look at a computer screen on my computer screen.

• Like 3

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

7 hours ago, Nahen said:

If someone expects modern machines in DCS - I don't know, maybe F-22? F-35? B-2? For the latest versions of Grippen or Eurofighter, I personally prefer X-Wing or TIE Fighter because these two will be closer to reality than the F-22/35 modules etc in DCS ...

Eurofighter Block 1 has on progress by Heatblur / TrueGrit Virtual Technologies
https://forum.dcs.world/forum/613-dcs-eurofighter/

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 hours ago, draconus said:

This one is actually coming to DCS.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Eurofighter Block 1 has on progress by Heatblur / TrueGrit Virtual Technologies
https://forum.dcs.world/forum/613-dcs-eurofighter/

But do you know that Block 1 is basically nothing but the equivalent of the old F-15C after MSIP modification?
Again - I wrote about modern fighters / airplanes so Eurofighter Block1 is not one of them;) F-22 - similar in age to EF2000 but technologically superior to it - and still is "super secret". The F-35 is of a completely different technical quality - maybe the EF2000 Block 3 can be compared with it, as with Rafale's latest versions. So I will repeat once again - if someone dreams about the newest "machines" in DCS, they will be 100% fiction and inventions, not a simulation of real planes.

But do you know that Block 1 is basically nothing but the equivalent of the old F-15C after MSIP modification?
Again - I wrote about modern fighters / airplanes so Eurofighter Block1 is not one of them;) F-22 - similar in age to EF2000 but technologically superior to it - and still is "super secret". The F-35 is of a completely different technical quality - maybe the EF2000 Block 3 can be compared with it, as with Rafale's latest versions. So I will repeat once again - if someone dreams about the newest "machines" in DCS, they will be 100% fiction and inventions, not a simulation of real planes.
True grid build real military profesional simulators, on contact with Eads. Can be problems with the restricted material, of course, but start to call a module a UFO has very rude. As similar to talk with the DCS Apache has other UFO.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

True grid build real military profesional simulators, on contact with Eads. Can be problems with the restricted material, of course, but start to call a module a UFO has very rude. As similar to talk with the DCS Apache has other UFO.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Yeah ...
The manufacturer of Eurofighter provides the data of his flagship machine so that the ED can make a real simulator ... This is how he provides the data of the unproduced - outdated for today Block 1 model.

To make a real simulator, you need to get data describing the flight model, avionics and its operating parameters, and much more.

The Americans do not sell F-22 for billions of dollars, they do not share its technology with their closest allies, they do not want to share even YF-23 technology - but they are already rushing with documentation for ED so that it can make a realistic F-22 module for DCS ...

Due to the fact that currently the EF2000 Block 1 is not being produced, but only Block 3, it may be possible to obtain some documentation on avionics that is no longer used, and some parameters related to the flight model. But I bet some 30% of this module is fiction. Each aircraft currently in use, modified and modernized on an ongoing basis in order to provide it with an advantage on the real battlefield is covered by the clauses> TOP SECRET <and no complete documentation will be made available to anyone. And even the pilots flying these planes are not able to assess their limit capabilities and parameters, even if only the flight model. They can provide information, share their observations, but still these are not specific technical data. So it will be something that is subject to INTERPRETATION - full of imagination and presumptions.
Therefore, in the DCS, the second-war modules of the Korean war period are real, modules such as the MiG-21 - based on the documentation provided by the old allies of the USSR currently on the other side, the MiG-23 will also maybe quite faithful, the F-4 Phantom too. F-14 why not share its documentation, since he is no longer there and will not come back. F-16? A few more months he had nothing to do with the actual flight model, now he is starting to do. But avionics is about 10-15 years behind what the actually offers today. F-15C - OK, not produced for a long time and obsolete - another version of E, the question is how much real information about its avionics has been obtained, but it will again be about 10 years back.

And here we start talking about modern aircraft - F-22? F-35? EF2000 Bock2 / 3, Grippen? Rafale - even with Mirage 2000-5 there is no certainty about the data ??

Let's establish what means "more modern / new modules?
Each of the ones listed at the end will be 30, 50, 80% fiction ...