OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

5 minutes ago, Burt said:

This is exactly what’s going on with me after updating yesterday. Today I’ll try turning it off and if this doesn’t fix my repo / glassy / jelly looking picture I may have to switch back to SteamVR. I just don’t get it why all of a sudden I’m now in the VR funk club. 

You have updated to hotfix haven't you?

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I'm not sure edmuss. yesterday I updated OpenXR for WMR and did an update in Open compsite that's the only updates I did or know to do. 

I just did a really quick test and turn off the use  latest preview Realtime runtime and things seem to be back to normal , while running repo.

Just now, Burt said:

I'm not sure edmuss. yesterday I updated OpenXR for WMR and did an update in Open compsite that's the only updates I did or know to do. 

I just did a really quick test and turn off the use  latest preview Realtime runtime and things seem to be back to normal , while running repo.

whats update to hotfix? 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

30 minutes ago, Burt said:

check your OpenXR for WMR version, it should be 112.2209.2003.0 for the hotfix version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

My Runtime Version is 111.2208.18003  I thought I updated it yesterday in Microsoft store ... urh ! I'll check again. Where do I get that hotfix version? 

Thanks

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Disregard I found it and downloaded the zip.file and now on 112.2209.2003.0 I will test it now. 

Thanks ! 

Just in case someone else needs it here it is. 

https://github.com/microsoft/OpenXR-MixedReality/releases  Just download the zip file and its updated. 

" Update "  After testing this hotfix version I'm happily back to normal / smooth flying. Thx  Javelina for having me check. "

Edited by Burt
  • Like 2

Start Date April 2020 

40 minutes ago, Burt said:

Disregard I found it and downloaded the zip.file and now on 112.2209.2003.0 I will test it now. 

Thanks ! 

https://github.com/microsoft/OpenXR-MixedReality/releases  Just download the zip file and its updated. 

" Update "  After testing this hotfix version I'm happily back to normal / smooth flying. Thx  Javelina for having me check. "

awesome news buddy!  great to hear!  🙂

• Thanks 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

50 minutes ago, Burt said:

Thanks ! 

**The ZIP file contains samples for developers and nothing else.** You do not need to download anything from that website.

You get updates from the Microsoft Store.

Good to hear that yesterday's update resolved your problems. 

• Thanks 1

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

14 hours ago, Sr. said:

If I run repro and 100% anti shake, it's like being water boarded 😆

There is a bug in OpenXR Toolkit that makes anti-shake interfere with motion reprojection. Hoping to fix that eventually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

56 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

**The ZIP file contains samples for developers and nothing else.** You do not need to download anything from that website.

You get updates from the Microsoft Store.

Good to hear that yesterday's update resolved your problems. 

okay thanks ! I will soon start to understand all this stuff. 

Start Date April 2020 

i have switched to "off" using the latest OpenXR preview, as it has greater clarity for me.

i am using the latest release 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have worse performance when using OpenXR. Followed steps to the letter afaik. I was really hoping this could pump a little life into my older rig until the new GPU's came out.

Samsung O+, 8700k GTX 1080. Most settings are minimum except texture quality. 100 percent res on SteamVR and OpenXR Tools, 1.4 PD
Testing using F-18 Caucuses free flight.

38 minutes ago, itsthatguy said:

1.4 PD

This is why.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

29 minutes ago, itsthatguy said:

Even with PD at 1.0 and resolution at 100 percent in both OpenXR and SteamVR, OpenXR still performs worse

Even I drop it below 100% in DCS. I keep it at 90% in OpenXR. You have a GTX1080; I had a GTX1080Ti and I still had to run at minimal settings in DCS to get decent FPS. Im sorry dude, but that card and that headset isnt going to get you clarity with no amount of help. Move up to a G2 and youll get better clarity without a hit in performance, but you're trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip now. The best I can suggest is to use Kegetys shader mod on top of this (I still use it, speed-of-heat keeps it updated) on top of OpenXR.

And if anyone still cares, I use the very original version of OpenXR (OpenOVR) still without any problems.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I assume you're calling frame rate "performance"???

Try to just get a sense for which one is smoother.  

OXR will almost always be smoother than SteamVR even at a slightly lower frame rate.  The only reason you really want Framerate is for a numerical smoothness confirmation...  The REAL thing you need is smoothness.  OXR is almost always smoother.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Windows Mixed Reality doesn't recognize headset

I am stuck on step 6.  Any advice would be appreciated.  WMR is not seeing my Pimax 8kx, yet the Pimax tool sees it just fine.  See below:  Top image is the Pimax tool showing connection status (Base not connected) and the bottom is the WMR telling me to connect the headset.

image.png

The Pimax is a brand new headset for me and has been nothing but trouble getting setup on my system (had a Rift-S before so this is a HUGE upgrade).  I did finally get it working and running in DCS.  That FOV is incredible.

Unfortunately I don't know where to go from here.  Anyone else have this issue where WMR doesn't "see" their headset?  If so, how did you correct?  I did try searching this thread before posting.  None of my search terms produced any meaningful results.

Am I "up a creek" here?

Things I've already tried

-  Updated windows (10)

-  Removed and reinstalled WMR

Thanks for any help/assistance.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

The pimax isn't a WMR headset so the normal openxr stuff won't work with it, @mbucchia has developed pimax XR here that should let you join in on the fun 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

Thank you, sir!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I had V1 of the G2 last year and returned it after numerous issues, but I've just ordered a new one. I thought I'd give version 2 with the new cable a try after seeing it on sale for Labor Day. 

I still have the HP software, Windows Mixed Reality Portal and Steam VR for WMR installed from my first headset. Do I need to uninstall all of that before carrying out the steps on page one to install OpenXR, or can I leave it installed?

Do I need to plug in the G2 and set it up before installing OpenXR or should I install OpenXR before plugging in the G2? The guide doesn't make it clear whether you install OpenXR before or after installing the headset, or whether it even matters. 

Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Plug the headset in and confirm its working properly, then start adding layers 🙂

3 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

I had V1 of the G2 last year and returned it after numerous issues, but I've just ordered a new one. I thought I'd give version 2 with the new cable a try after seeing it on sale for Labor Day. 

I still have the HP software, Windows Mixed Reality Portal and Steam VR for WMR installed from my first headset. Do I need to uninstall all of that before carrying out the steps on page one to install OpenXR, or can I leave it installed?

Do I need to plug in the G2 and set it up before installing OpenXR or should I install OpenXR before plugging in the G2? The guide doesn't make it clear whether you install OpenXR before or after installing the headset, or whether it even matters. 

Thanks.

I will add, don't plan to use the WMR portal built in to Steam. Use it stand alone. This way, when you're testing and launching the rest, you won't even need to have Steam open at all.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 9/2/2022 at 2:00 PM, speed-of-heat said:

if its just black make sure you press the center VR button 

Just to let you know, that was it. The menu screen was actually offset almost behind me. Same thing happened yesterday in iRacing, that binding has to be se in every game apparently! 

Thanks again @speed-of-heat!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR