Engine 2 won't start

Toumal

Original post is from March 17th. NL, maybe a update on this. Seems fixed to me 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

25 minutes ago, macedk said:

Original post is from March 17th. NL, maybe a update on this. Seems fixed to me 🙂

It has been fixed months ago... Not sure why @corb decided to revive this thread, but iirc this issue was already solved a week after it got reported back in March 😋

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

26 minutes ago, sirrah said:

It has been fixed months ago... Not sure why @corb decided to revive this thread, but iirc this issue was already solved a week after it got reported back in March 😋

My thought as well 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Just encountered this problem with the latest beta version, so if it was fixed it appears to have returned.

While working on a few Apache missions, I've done countless cold starts last week (on latest OB). No problem at all here

Maybe post a short track file showing your problem?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

No problems for me as well…..I always do cold starts. Did 3 flights at least today without any issue.

Maybe a conflict with a key or axis binding?

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I noticed I had the same issues when I was on our server today, 3 fully crewed apaches already flying and I couldn’t start either engines fully. after a few restarts with no luck I extended the collective fully and then right down. Restarted the engine sequence and they fired straight up.

not sure if this was coincidence or if this fixed the issue but previous to this I’ve not had any issues..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is a regression issue. Just had this in the hunting grounds mission (syria). FAT was 29°C. A few issues appeared.

• Couldn't start ENG2 after ENG1
  • Could start with a tiny bit of throttle above idle on ENG2 during start, might be coincidence though.
  • Human CPG reported Engine 2 not running for him, spooling down like it would on a failed start attempt, so he gets rotor rpm low, ridiculous torque values on engine 1 and occasional power failures (with inu reset and everything). Massive desync problem, because instead of simulating the engine once and sending the data over the network, the engine is simulated on both clients independently.

Couldn't make a track file and couldn't reproduce on Caucasus.

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 1

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All.  Anyone else having issues starting Engine #2. Flying a dedicated server mission on Syria Map and Engine #2 wont start.  Doesn't always happen either.  I'm following good procedure.  Don't have a track file since I'm flying on a dedicated server mission.  

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

Happend to me as well the day before yesterday, while I was on a MP server in Syria.
Never had this before.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

This is an annoying bug.  I have found the best workaround (i.e., works most of the time) is to push both throttles to >90% after pushing the second start button. Ignore the engine fail alarms as it will start.  This ruins the cold start experience in this mod.

• Like 4

On 2/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, KoleTang said:

This is an annoying bug.  I have found the best workaround (i.e., works most of the time) is to push both throttles to >90% after pushing the second start button. Ignore the engine fail alarms as it will start.  This ruins the cold start experience in this mod.

yesterday I had this and what I did is similar to what u mention but instead i only pushed the left engine power lever until the main rotor RPM was around 53% or 54% and that somehow dragged the right engine to idle instead of the spool down bug thing.

• 2 weeks later...

How i mitigate this problem:

collective full down. (Cycle up and down if needed)

start both engines almost simultaneously as soon as they both ignite crack the power lever slightly and wait for both engines to fire up. Advance power levers as normal.

Hi. I recently bought an AH-64D to fly with a friend who activated the trial version of this module. Unfortunately, as much as everything seemed to work properly at the beginning, recently a serious problem began to occur - whether I play on single-player mode or in multiplayer mode with a friend, very often when trying to start the engines there is a "failure" of the engine that I start second in order.

In short: We carry out the entire startup procedure, start the first engine (it doesn't matter whether engine #1 or #2 first). After stabilizing the NG% of the engine, we switch the power lever to the IDLE position. The engine quickly obtains the target power and everything is fine. After that, we attempt to start the next engine and this is where the problem arises. While at first after starting the NG% of the engine seems to behave correctly, after moving the second power lever to the IDLE position the engine accelerates slower than the previous one, and after reaching about 52 NG% the white START frame disappears and the NG% starts to drop, eventually reaching zero. On some attempts, the PLT or CPG hears the message "Engine X out". In this situation, we usually shut down both engines and attempt to restart them, and sometimes this helps, and sometimes this can be done indefinitely with no change and out of frustration we try to restart the mission, which also usually does not help.

Sometimes, taking off a helicopter with a friend, there are also desyncs, for example, on one person's screen the engine takes off normally, while on the other person's screen the engine has a malfunction and - as above - shuts down on its own. However, this already happened a few months ago, when I tested the trail version myself with another friend.

I don't know what this is caused by - it seems to occur randomly, which takes the fun out of the gameplay - we very much don't want to be forced to use a hot start, but I guess there is no other solution if we don't want to waste time on the whole startup to eventually fail to start the engine....
I recreated the problem in singleplayer mode, saved the logs and track of the flight. In the track:

1. I perform the startup according to the procedures;
  2. I start engine #1, which starts correctly;
  3. I start engine #2, which has a "failure";
  4. Immediately after noticing the NG% drop of the second engine, I move both power levers to OFF;
  5. I restart engine No. 1, it starts up correctly again;
  6. I start engine #2, again it has a failure as before;
  7. After noticing the NG% drop, I wait until it reaches 0, I turn off both engines;
  8. Third attempt, I start engine #2 first and this time it runs properly;
  9. I start engine #1 (which worked on the first two attempts), it has a failure now.
  10. I shut down the engines and the whole helicopter.

I attach a track file, logs, dxdiag and two "debriefing" files to this topic, maybe it will help.

I'm counting on your help, thanks.

I can't find an option to attach files, so I'm sharing them on Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CkA1JTTat00X01tTt86v9-_Bc4wFJmIY?usp=share_link

Already reported: 

Possible workarounds:

- Advance just the power lever of the first engine to FLY by itself, then attempt start of the second engine, or:

- Hold the ignition override for the second engine until Ng reaches 52%, then bump the power lever for that engine slightly above IDLE, or:

- Start right engine first.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

Already reported: 

Possible workarounds:

- Advance just the power lever of the first engine to FLY by itself, then attempt start of the second engine, or:

- Hold the ignition override for the second engine until Ng reaches 52%, then bump the power lever for that engine slightly above IDLE, or:

- Start right engine first.

for me the thing is to advance the left engine power until the rotor RPM is above 55% and that seems to drag the right engine into starting.

Should be fixed now with todays Patch.

• Thanks 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1