FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

Am 2.3.2023 um 01:03 schrieb OnReTech:

I will make a report a little later about what we have in second phase (airfields, unique objects, SAM places (120 +), helipads (400+)), etc ...

@79AuIt seems like the SAM places\sites are planned for the second phase of the map.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dief47 said:

@79AuIt seems like the SAM places\sites are planned for the second phase of the map.

10 hours ago, 79Au said:

Meh, haven't seen an single SAM site. They're iconic and rather common alongside the Suez canal, you can see them on google earth. Looks like we get another empty sightseeing map full of civilian buildings. It's very cruel to bomb a sewage treatment plant. Not interested right now. edit: Wrong era too

They created the SAM site asset in less than two weeks after community asked for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

10 hours ago, 79Au said:

Meh, haven't seen an single SAM site.

Weapons and military objects (apart from air bases) are not and shouldn't be part of the map to give more freedom in mission creation and better support different eras. Empty SAM sites are perfect for this purpose.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 minutes ago, draconus said:

Weapons and military objects (apart from air bases) are not and shouldn't be part of the map to give more freedom in mission creation and better support different eras. Empty SAM sites are perfect for this purpose.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Not the launchers and the radars. I thought that was obvious... 🙄

Now I'm relieved to hear they have plans, but to be honest, SAM sites should be a priority, they're way more important than pyramids or sewage treatment plants. On the same level with airports. Seems like I'll have to wait until that 2nd phase is completed. But congratualations @devs for choice of location. And everything looks really nice, many cool assets, that's true. (era could be more appropriate but it's not the end of the world, how about a backdated version for phase 3? 🙂 )

• Like 2

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

27 minutes ago, draconus said:

fully agree, but the question remains for me, should they be marked on the map with an icon? so that all users can see it?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OnReTech said:

fully agree, but the question remains for me, should they be marked on the map with an icon? so that all users can see it?

Yes! 1000 x yes! It is really not that easy to find military objects in other maps and DCS Sinai is set to be the best in all aspects 🙂

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

18 minutes ago, 79Au said:

SAM sites should be a priority, they're way more important than pyramids or sewage treatment plants. On the same level with airports. Seems like I'll have to wait until that 2nd phase is completed. 

From the first page of this very thread:

What does the Sinai roadmap include?

The project is divided into three phases in total.

Early access: first + second phase.

Map update: bonus phase with expansion of the detailed territory with 3-4 additional airfields (it's a secret for now; we're still considering which ones).

Final release: third phase

and from the message that was posted yesterday in this thread:

Hi all. We finished the second phase and are already testing it. We fixed a lot of remarks from ED and made a little more than we wanted.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

Yes, that'd be cool.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 3/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, Grimes said:

Another thing that would be cool is to mark the helipads on the map. That way we wouldn't need to go out looking and marking one by one.

8 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Yes!

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

OnReTech was formed in October 2021 to develop terrains.

With more than seven years of experience creating terrains for flight simulators, including DCS, we have assembled a team of dedicated artists, engineers, researchers, and managers to create new and interesting battlefields for DCS World

That time when you said @OnReTech were newbies...

So far, seems that other newbies should be like you! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A suggestion @ OnReTech (…and also @ Eagle Dynamics in general): if you could create animals like camels (in my opinion a MUST in this environment) and other for the map, what about a new „Traffic“-function in the Options-Menu, as we have for cars?

At the moment one has to put animals as single elements in the mission-editor. It would be fantastic to be able to turn „animal-traffic“ to low / high… and so on.

In the Sinai-map there could be an option for whole camel-caravans moving randomly through the landscape; and if you fly over them low-level they could flee in all directions before coming together again 🙂

Would be a cool extension to make the maps more vivid!

Edited by Maltschik
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Maltschik said:

A ich suggestion @ Onretech (…and also @ Eagle Dynamics in general): if you could create animals like camels (in my opinion a MUST in this environment) and other for the map, what about a new „Traffic“-function in the Options-Menu, as we have for cars?

At the moment one has to put animals as single elements in the mission-editor. It would be fantastic to be able to turn „animal-traffic“ to low / high… and so on.

In the Sinai-map there could be an option for whole camel-caravans moving randomly through the landscape; and if you fly over them low-level they could flee in all directions before coming together again 🙂

Would be a cool extension to make the maps more vivid!

The south Atlantic map currently has animals as part of "civilian traffic" for exactly that reason. Hopefully the OnRe team are doing the same here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow really nice @OnReTech I guess it's too late to ask why SAM sites are not matching the texture? I mean freshly built would surely stand out, but time would rather mixed them up with surrounding dirt and vegetation. 

Looking like my favorite map already in love with it. 

• Like 4

Nice progress! Thx for the update! 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

13 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Wow really nice @OnReTech I guess it's too late to ask why SAM sites are not matching the texture? I mean freshly built would surely stand out, but time would rather mixed them up with surrounding dirt and vegetation. 

Looking like my favorite map already in love with it. 

This is fresh concrete, but I agree that it is still left over from the times of the Soviet Union, so it’s probably worth making them more dirty and old. Will do, thanks for the feedback

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

This is fresh concrete, but I agree that it is still left over from the times of the Soviet Union, so it’s probably worth making them more dirty and old. Will do, thanks for the feedback

Perfect, thank you!

I thought it was just soil from digging out the positions, wasn't aware it's concrete.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

We're not giving up hope

I like the spirit you show! Keep it up please !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1