Dear ED, perfect time for a G6

DB 605

Just noticed this thread and I had to come here to say WHERE'S MY Bf 109G-6/U2 and U4 WITH "AS" ENGINE OPTIONS, EAGLE DYNAMICS??
WHERE IS IT???

• Like 1

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

On 11/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, dcn said:

LMAO.

Aircraft             Combat debut

Bf 109 K-4        October 1944

Fw 190 D-9      end of September 1944

P-47D-30         November 1944

P-51D-25          1945

Fair but we have the map for 1944 so it's the more straightforward direction to go for the time being.  And besides, the very late superbirds get a little boring, there's a much more eclectic feel to flying a more mid-war bird

• Like 1

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Whilst the D-25 sub variant of the P-51 is correctly too late for the Normandy invasion period it has negligible difference in terms of performance to the P-51D-5/10 that were entering service during that period.

The primary unprototypicality it allows is the use of HVARs.

That said a P-51B would be awesome!

+1,000,000,000 for Bf 109G-6/14 

• Like 5

On 11/10/2022 at 11:22 PM, dcn said:

LMAO.

Aircraft             Combat debut

Bf 109 K-4        October 1944

You are correct but what units were equipped with them and more importantly where were they?

III./JG4 was equipped with the K-4 on 17 Sep 44 and was at Bad Lippspringe on defence of the Reich duties as were all of the 109K-4 units that followed. III./JG4 never had enough K-4s to equip the whole group and flew, like most units a mix of G-6, G-10 and G-14s alongside the K-4 until they were disbanded in early 45. 

Crucially, there was no longer any combat on the two maps we have by that date and those units equipped with the K-4 were generally engaged with defending against the 8th AF until Bodenplatte when there was a shift. 

• Thanks 1

Players of IL-2 GB have captured ED forum for years  and attempt to disturb ED's plan.I believe ED is brilliant and won't be misled by them.What ED should do now is to finish DCS Western Europe 1944-1945 with Me 262 and shift to DCS Pacific Theatre.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dcn said:

Players of IL-2 GB have captured ED forum for years  and attempt to disturb ED's plan.I believe ED is brilliant and won't be misled by them.What ED should do now is to finish DCS Western Europe 1944-1945 with Me 262 and shift to DCS Pacific Theatre.

1 hour ago, Hobel said:

I would also very very much like to see a Bf109 g6. 

But again a 109 that has very similar handling to the 109k4? 

Then better take the resources and build a P38, Yak, F6F or others.

*Facepalm*

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dcn said:

Seriously, cut that cr*p with DCS vs Il2 players. Absolutely nothing to do with this topic. I for one have played DCS since early days and it's my "main sim", for that exact reason i wish at least somewhat historically correct planesets per map to it. Devs have already correct things for Focke-wulf by bringing A8 to game (and F8 is supposedly coming later), now if they would do same with 109 we could have acceptable base to '43-'44 planes for western front.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, dcn said:

And the Soviets have put fluoride in the water to disturb our precious fluids  

Edited by Gunfreak

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I think it's perfect time for a Lerche.

4 hours ago, Hobel said:

But again a 109 that has very similar handling to the 109k4? 

Then better take the resources and build a P38, Yak, F6F or others.

The G6 has significantly less performance. Kind of like the A-8 vs D-9 in the Fw 190 universe. Plus it was actually used on the map(s) we have.

I would not mind a P-38 or F6F, but a Yak? That would be a third EF plane without even a map. Nah, thanks.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

11 hours ago, dcn said:

Sometimes ppl should think twice what they type..... and this is a great example..... Dude you have gone off topic 20,000 kms. away

• Like 2

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Bremspropeller:

I would not mind a P-38 or F6F, but a Yak? That would be a third EF plane without even a map. Nah, thanks.

But this is your opinion and desire, which is of course your right.
I don't care about the maps and scenarios, I only care about the planes, so I would prefer anything else to a G6.

I would rather fly with a Zero on Normandie than with another 109😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobel said:

I don't care about the maps and scenarios, I only care about the planes, so I would prefer anything else to a G6.

I would love to see an old 41-42 109 variant along with a matched Hurricane, and I would love to fly a zero in an optimized Marianas WWII map, against a Corsair, or Hellcat and vise versa.  I think we would all love an earlier model aircraft, and it's counterpart to fly against, and hopefully we get them along with the proper maps/assets in the future.  That's why I'm glad third parties are taking up the mantel, like Octopus G for example with the I-16 (too bad nothing similar to fly against) and the upcoming La-7 (insta buy for me).  One thing about this sim is its development can crawl at a snail's pace, but the quality that comes from the hard work is now paying off, and ED along with those third party companies will bring a lot to the table sooner now than later. I hope we all get what we want in the near weeks, months, and yes years to come, and I hope we're not all in nursing homes by then 😝.  Kidding, kinda. Either way, DCS is my go-to combat flight sim.  Cheers all.

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

2 hours ago, Hobel said:

Well, then you are posting in the wrong place, this is the Western Europe 1944-45 forum and this thread is about finishing of a coherent plane set for the maps we currently have.

In iL2 I've flown a Sopwith Camel against a Bf-109E-7 and shot it down.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hobel said:

So for you the acronym DCS is : Digital COCKPIT Simulator instead of Digital COMBAT Simulator don't you? You should talk to ED and "mislead" them to change the name of the product also its core concept. If they accept that then good luck having to compete with Microsoft in the civil aviation niche. 

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't want to say too much in this topic.Why should aircraft modules developed by ED match a thrid party map?It's impractical for ED to add plenty of sub variants of aircraft to DCS.ED developed 7 WWII aircraft modules from 2012 to 2021.It takes ED years to develop a WWII aircraft module while for IL-2 developers they can make 10 aircraft and a corresponding map in 2 years.It's relatively quick for IL-2 to add sub variants.It cost $49.99 for a warbird module in DCS while for IL-2 10 aircarft plus a map cost $79.99 and they have 75% even 85% off.Will you pay $49.99 for a sub variant?If ED made many sub variants,will you pay $49.99 for each sub variant?I would rather pay for new aircraft other than sub variant that doesn't have much difference.And I have to wait for a new aircraft module developed by ED for another few years if ED decided to make a sub variant that doesn't have much difference.If I had to choose a Bf 109,I would pick F-4 or G-2.And I don't think ED cares much about whether a aircraft module 'matches' a map.P-51D was released in September 2012 while the third party Normandy map was released in May 2017,people fly P-51D in modern map for almost 5 years.It also cost ED years to develop a map.The Channel Map,which was developed by ED,was released in June 2020,almost 8 years after the release of P-51D.IL-2 aircraft did have a good 'match' for map,they can fly in historical environment.But for me,I only care about aircraft.In my opinion,DCS WWII focuses on simulating aircraft systems while IL-2 focuses on mutiplayer game.In other words,DCS is a flight simulator while IL-2 is a flight sim game.And ED isn't just developing WWII aircraft modules,they are very busy.So don't bring your IL-2 thinking to DCS.

Edited by dcn
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, dcn said:

I didn't want to say too much in this topic.Why should aircraft modules developed by ED match a thrid party map?It's impractical for ED to add plenty of sub variants of aircraft to DCS.ED developed 7 WWII aircraft modules from 2012 to 2021.It takes ED years to develop a WWII aircraft module while for IL-2 developers they can make 10 aircraft and a corresponding map in 2 years.It's relatively quick for IL-2 to add sub variants.It cost $49.99 for a warbird module in DCS while for IL-2 10 aircarft plus a map cost $79.99 and they have 75% even 85% off.Will you pay $49.99 for a sub variant?If ED made many sub variants,will you pay $49.99 for each sub variant?I would rather pay for new aircraft other than sub variant that doesn't have much difference.And I have to wait for a new aircraft module developed by ED for another few years if ED decided to make a sub variant that doesn't have much difference.If I had to choose a Bf 109,I would pick F-4 or G-2.And I don't think ED cares much about whether a aircraft module 'matches' a map.P-51D was released in September 2012 while the third party Normandy map was released in May 2017,people fly P-51D in modern map for almost 5 years.It also cost ED years to develop a map.The Channel Map,which was developed by ED,was released in June 2020,almost 8 years after the release of P-51D.IL-2 aircraft did have a good 'match' for map,they can fly in historical environment.But for me,I only care about aircraft.In my opinion,DCS WWII focuses on simulating aircraft systems while IL-2 focuses on mutiplayer game.In other words,DCS is a flight simulator while IL-2 is a flight sim game.And ED isn't just developing WWII aircraft modules,they are very busy.So don't bring your IL-2 thinking to DCS.

Lately with the A8 and Mosquito (both of which iirc weren't on the kickstarter), it does seem that ED is making somewhat a concious effort to develope aircraft for a 1944 planeset.  Peronsally I'd rather we get an expanded planeset, and a 109G-6 is part of that.  And the thought of having a map to match it is also very nice.
Will I pay $49.99 for a sub variant?  For a 109G-6, for a P-51B...I absolutely would

• Like 1

1小时前,Magic Zach说:

Lately with the A8 and Mosquito (both of which iirc weren't on the kickstarter), it does seem that ED is making somewhat a concious effort to develope aircraft for a 1944 planeset.

P-47D-30 was released on 5 June 2020 after Fw 190 A-8(released on 7 June 2019) and it doesn't match the map.

2 minutes ago, dcn said:

P-47D-30 was released on 5 June 2020 after Fw 190 A-8(released on 7 June 2019) and it doesn't match the map.

The 47 was one of the kickstarter aircraft too iirc.  The last one to be done, other than the 262.  Which it seems won't happen

9 hours ago, dcn said:

Will you pay $49.99 for a sub variant?If ED made many sub variants,will you pay $49.99 for each sub variant?.

Yes i would, and G6 is actually voted to most wanted ac to dcs ww2 i believe many other would too.

9 hours ago, dcn said:

So don't bring your IL-2 thinking to DCS.

Some people are just hopeless i guess. 🙄

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/14/2022 at 4:26 AM, DB 605 said:

Yes i would, and G6 is actually voted to most wanted ac to dcs ww2 i believe many other would too.

I think you need a more recent, more comprehensive poll and then...I doubt it. 😉

Not that it wouldn't be a great addition.

16 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I think you need a more recent, more comprehensive poll and then...I doubt it. 😉

Not that it wouldn't be a great addition.

I can't see any reason why poll result would have changed much in two years? Anyhow, at least it shows there is lot of interest for G6, i guess from both sides.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]