Sounds Missing

EcosseFlyer

Not sure if it affects anyone else but im not hearing any engine sounds now in any vehicle inside or out. The gun firing sounds are fine, turrent whine,  explosions etc, just no engines?

• Like 1

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

No such issue on my end. Please attach a track along with your dcs.log file ("Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/dcs.log").

Saw that there will be a patch today. I ll wait for the patch. If the sound is still missing after the patch, I ll create a track + video

• Thanks 2

@Flappie Engine sound is still missing after the patch. You can neither hear them from the outside nor from the inside. Here is a video demonstrating this:

The sounds that one can hear in the video is just the traffic ambient sound. I fired some MG rounds and and a main gun round at the end of the video. The corresponding sounds are played correctly. If the sounds are working on your version I guess it is already fixed but not yet released. I also attached a track and the requested log file.

CA_No_Engine_Sound.trk dcs.log

Seems that only some vehicles are affected for myself. Wheeled vehicles seem ok like HUMVEEs, trucks etc, along with SP artillery. Its the tracked tanks like Abrahams and Bradleys and Russian stuff that dont have engine sounds?

Edited by EcosseFlyer
  • Thanks 1

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

I've just checked these armored vehicles:

OK :

AAV-7, Bradley, HMMVV, Stryker units, BTR-80, BTR-RD, BMD-1, M2 Halftrack, Fuchs, M1134, Daimler Armored, LARC-V, M60, Greyhound, Scout HL, Scout LC, M10, Centaur, Cromwell, M4, Tetrach, Churchill, Tractor M4,

NOT OK?

LAV-25 and Abrams seem to be missing their main engine sound, but they still make some noise.

That's all for now. Time to go to bed. If you find some others, please continue the list.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I've just checked all armored vehicles:

OK :

AAV-7, Bradley, HMMVV, Stryker units, BTR-80, BTR-RD, BMD-1, M2 Halftrack, Fuchs, M1134, Daimler Armored, LARC-V, M60, Greyhound, Scout HL, Scout LC, M10, Centaur, Cromwell, M4, Tetrach, Churchill, Tractor M4,

NOT OK?

LAV-25 and Abrams seem to be missing their main engine sound, but they still make some noise.

That's all for now. Time to go to bed. If you find some others, please continue the list.

NOT OK

For me Bradley`s, LAV-25, M113, M2A1 are silent. All Russian Tanks, BMPs & Shilkas, BTRs, Tunguska dont work as well. All without engines, all other sounds are fine, guns, turret whine etc

Seems hit and miss, played around with a random bunch in ME

Wookie

Hmmm OK. Can you please use the attached autoexec.cfg file to produce a sound log? Just copy it into "Saved Games/DCS.../Config" (if you already have a autoexec.cfg file, just copy-paste attached file content into existing file).

Then run the game, reproduce the issue, then attach the sound.log file from your "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs" folder.

autoexec.cfg

And please attach a track as well. This way, I will replay your track then compare our sound logs.

Thanks Flappie for taking a look. After doing a test and looking at sound log i noticed that i still had A-29, UH-60, T45 and A4 mods still installed. Taking them out restored sound to CA, so tried them one at a time, and it appears that its the UH-60 and A-4 mods that are causing the silence. The other two dont affect it.

Edited by EcosseFlyer
  • Like 1

Wookie

Thanks Flappie for taking a look. After doing a test and looking at sound log i noticed that i still had A-29, UH-60, T45 and A4 mods still installed. Taking them out restored sound to CA, so tried them one at a time, and it appears that its the UH-60 and A-4 mods that are causing the silence. The other two dont affect it.

A-4E-C has been updated.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

A-4E-C has been updated.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Prob the reason, i never use the mod so it`ll have been an older version. Same with the UH-60

• Like 1

Wookie

Unbelievable how many times devs take their time to try to pinpoint and reproduce reported "bugs" while the user forgot to remove the mods, smh.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

vor 7 Stunden schrieb draconus:

Unbelievable how many times devs take their time to try to pinpoint and reproduce reported "bugs" while the user forgot to remove the mods, smh.

Well, thanks for reminding me to reread the FAQ.

Found this helpful line:

Zitat

What we don't need

3. We don't need theories or opinions on other peoples reports. If you know its a duplicate you can flag the post and a moderator can merge it, but please don't chit chat or debate reports

If there is anything else you want to tell me, please use a PM to avoid the also mentioned chit chat. Anyways, have a good day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, EcosseFlyer said:

Not sure if it affects anyone else but im not hearing any engine sounds now in any vehicle inside or out. The gun firing sounds are fine, turrent whine,  explosions etc, just no engines?

I experience this very issue pretty much every day when playing on servers like Buddyspike BlueFlag using Combined Arms to drive ground vehicles there. Sometimes the engine and driving sounds are there, but most often they are missing. I haven't figured out what causes it though. It might be that only units are affected, that spawn in sometime during the mission and haven't been there from the beginning of the mission, but I haven't verified that yet.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:48 PM, QuiGon said:

I experience this very issue pretty much every day when playing on servers like Buddyspike BlueFlag using Combined Arms to drive ground vehicles there. Sometimes the engine and driving sounds are there, but most often they are missing. I haven't figured out what causes it though. It might be that only units are affected, that spawn in sometime during the mission and haven't been there from the beginning of the mission, but I haven't verified that yet.

I think you are correct. If I spawn a vehicle using CTLD I very often have no sound from that vehicle, but if I leave the server and come back in, that same vehicle will have sound.

No sound as well, but have aircraft mods installed. 
Tried 2 tanks and changed audio from default to the actual output and input. 

Engine sound, driving and turret moving sound  missing. Gun sounds ar ok.  

So just reporting the issue 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a great first time session on the DangerDogz server yesterday with a couple of my squad mates working on the tanks, both modern and WWII.

All three of us had no engine sounds in all of the tanks we tried, Abrahams, T-80, Sherman's, Panzers.

Gun sounds were fine, just no tank engines. A couple of the trucks we also tried (can not remember which ones) were ok.

Server is running the open beta version.

There were mods installed on the server and obviously our machines, which I know you don't like for bug reports but all we had on the server is the A4-E, the Bronco and the T-45, nothing else. These are all long established mods which I feel sure would not be a cause.

Edited by DD_Friar

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

43 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

There were mods installed on the server and obviously our machines, which I know you don't like for bug reports but all we had on the server is the A4-E, the Bronco and the T-45, nothing else. These are all long established mods which I feel sure would not be a cause.

Mods get updated, just like DCS. You never know. If you can reproduce the issue in SP, try disabling these mods in the module manager and see if the issue persists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1