Stripes on shallow waters

draconus

On 11/7/2022 at 7:55 PM, Flappie said:

I have no such issue. It looks like conflicting sim/GPU driver settings.

Upgraded to NV 526.47 and deleted fxo and metashaders, still issue in VR. No nvcpl settings changed (all default).

dcs.log

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I had originally posted this bug in the VR section.

I just built a new PC: New graphics card, new CPU, new Mainboard. Fresh install of Windows and completely fresh install of DCS without any mods.

The Bug is still present and most obvious with overcast wheather preset.

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Flappie:

Thanks. I still cannot reproduce it with your options.lua. It really looks like a GPU driver/setting issue.

I tried it with the latest 3 Nvidia drivers. My old PC had a 3090, the new one a 4090. The bug kept being the same. It is hardly visble in 2D. Best way to see it is in VR with an overcast preset, there it is really obvious. This is what I see:

677229474_Screen_221030_233318copy.jpg.6b7daf399989161c8bac9445aff35b4c.jpg

Screen_221030_233328 copy.jpg

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

On 11/17/2022 at 6:58 PM, TimSell75 said:

I tried it with the latest 3 Nvidia drivers. My old PC had a 3090, the new one a 4090. The bug kept being the same. It is hardly visble in 2D. Best way to see it is in VR with an overcast preset, there it is really obvious. This is what I see:

what flappie is saying is that your nvidia cp settings and the in game settings are confusing the overall settings. changing driver will not usually change any other settings. they stay from driver to driver.

here are my settings and i do not have this issue. you have 4090 so even more capable as my 3090.

DCS specific settings:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Am 25.11.2022 um 14:45 schrieb silverdevil:

what flappie is saying is that your nvidia cp settings and the in game settings are confusing the overall settings. changing driver will not usually change any other settings. they stay from driver to driver.

here are my settings and i do not have this issue. you have 4090 so even more capable as my 3090.

DCS specific settings:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks a lot! I mirrored all your settings but still have the effect of the lines running through the image. It is solely related to the shallow water texture on the PG map. I have not noticed it anywhere else and it came with the latest update of the map with 2.8

3 minutes ago, TimSell75 said:

Thanks a lot! I mirrored all your settings but still have the effect of the lines running through the image. It is solely related to the shallow water texture on the PG map. I have not noticed it anywhere else and it came with the latest update of the map with 2.8

hmm. i suppose it could be a VR thing. i do not use VR yet. like flappie said though, it does look like a driver vs in game settings issue. i would suggest taking note of all your settings and perhaps try a reset to default in NCP and pick a settings level in DCS. starting from a known base is always good troubleshooting.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Still an issue. According to this thread:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/312947-reporting-vr-performance-problems/#comment-5089794

I attached all the info and files needed.

Oculus is set all default (to max performance) and nvcpl is set all default (both global and dcs.exe) and to use app settings.

oculus.jpg

nvcpl.jpg

dcs-vr.jpg

dcs-sys.jpg

DxDiag.txt dcs.log

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...
vor 12 Stunden schrieb draconus:

I noticed the issue also in Syria map shallow waters.

Yes I could replicate it, the shallow water texture has the same bug in Syria. Tested it with two different PCs and headsets, the lines are visible on both systems.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TimSell75 said:

Still prominent after the latest OB Patch unfortunately

As long as neither testers nor devs can reproduce this issue, don't expect a fix anytime soon.

I'll share your track with all internal testers and tell you if one of them is able to reproduce the glitch.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

11 hours ago, Flappie said:

I'll share your track with all internal testers and tell you if one of them is able to reproduce the glitch

Thanks, make sure to test in VR.

Edit: tested in OB 2.8.2. still the same, although the stripes are different/wider spaced now.

Edited by draconus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I came across this bug flying in the Persian Gulf today. I took off from the carrier by the coast line, I looked to my left and noticed streaks in the shallow water. I'm not sure how to replicate it at the time being, but here's everything needed along with screenshots.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nvidia settings1.jpg

Nvidia settings2.jpg

Nvidia settings3.jpg

image.png

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

Edited by [101VFS] WhiskeyCharlie

| Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHZ | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB+970 EVO 2TB | EVGA 1300 Watt Gold | VPC WarBRD Base + VPC Constellation ALPHA Grip | VPC Mongoos T-50 CM3 Throttle | VPC Control Panel - #2 | MFG Crosswind V3 | WINWING Phoenix MIP | Next Level Racing Boeing Cockpit | Monstertech WINWING MIP Table Mount |

• 2 weeks later...