Upgrade the Persian Gulf map

Chewmann

10 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Persian Gulf map has a complete product, with never was planned add Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. ED has none plans about them. Expected a new map to fill them by ED or 3rd party on a future.

Please read again the subforum title.

With added large parts of Iraq it'd be a perfect map.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 hours ago, draconus said:

Please read again the subforum title.

With added large parts of Iraq it'd be a perfect map.

Again, meanwhile that has a Wishlist forum section, ED has very clear.... No more expansions or work planned on Persian Gulf map (previously named Strait of Hormuz), that map get 2-3 expansions before ED release complete them. Build all remain space will require build a complete new map.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Maybe the title could be improved by replacing it with:

- please expand the content within the Gulf map, potentially as a paid for enhancement 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• NineLine changed the title to Upgrade the Persian Gulf map
  • ED Team

I updated the title, remember all this is a wish list thread, the map itself is feature complete, would I love to see it expanded one day? Sure who wouldnt, but currently I know of no plans, but wish lists help us decide what things people want to see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

28 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Maybe the title could be improved by replacing it with:

- please expand the content within the Gulf map, potentially as a paid for enhancement 

Someone dont understand the problem....

- Normandy map was release by Ugra Media 2017 and ED build Persian Gulf on 2018 (final expansion on 2019), the main problem here has that maps was build with a TDK old technology, and the maps as Caucausus, Nevada and Persian Gulf need rebuild from the Scratch as now Ugra Media has buildind a new Normandy 2.0 map with the new TDK technology as The Channel / Marianas map.

Map paid expansions never has been used by ED or a 3rd parties to expand them.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Someone dont understand the problem....

- Normandy map was release by Ugra Media 2017 and ED build Persian Gulf on 2018 (final expansion on 2019), the main problem here has that maps was build with a TDK old technology, and the maps as Caucausus, Nevada and Persian Gulf need rebuild from the Scratch as now Ugra Media has buildind a new Normandy 2.0 map with the new TDK technology as The Channel / Marianas map.

Map paid expansions never has been used by ED or a 3rd parties to expand them.

Very good point.

I wasn’t aware of whether the Gulf map used the old or newer technology.  Good to know

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I was also kind of hoping at least Kuwait or Qatar could be added in the future now that Normandy is getting London and Paris, but maybe one day. The reason I would like these maps in the same one map is because I want to fly from Dubai to those other cities and separate maps wouldn't allow that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 2:35 AM, NineLine said:

I updated the title, remember all this is a wish list thread, the map itself is feature complete, would I love to see it expanded one day? Sure who wouldnt, but currently I know of no plans, but wish lists help us decide what things people want to see. 

An upgrade of PG map is definitely wanted and I would pay for it. Iraq and Kuwait is particularly demanded. 

• Like 5
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 2 months later...

Part of the single-player F/A-18 campaign will include an improved Iraq, let's just hope the systems can cope. Of course I can only do stuff with static objects, but it it still way more than what's there right now.
Additionally the main roads are also modelled (based on Google maps/DCS satellite map) and civ/mil traffic will flow with random connections, etc. 

I'm not saying it solves the issue, but it's something - I hope people will like it 🙂
Btw. this is just for me to know what areas are covered already. Still #WIP

.image.png

null

Edited by Jagohu
added info
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All i want is some similar runaways that are the same on each map. Like if they made a new map that contained saudi arabia and iraq along with the top corner of this map, I would be able to drop a carrier in the water in essentially the same spot, then have the mission end and reload the next one once everyone is landed on the carrier. This upset me about the new sinai map they coulda added ramat david but didnt. can literally roleplay land and switch maps via scripting and stuff lol...

As long as a new map is made that kind of over laps others they could probably do cool things with that in the future too lol.

It would be awesome. Persian Gulf map should be 1991 Gulf War actual warzone map, with Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia. Atmospheric, historical, relevant, perfect for Dynamic Campaign and many real missions to recreate.

Not modern day, peaceful time, Hormuz strait like in civlian simulator.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, NineLine said:

Then put me down for one wish to expand it. Also please make that one drone field a working air field. But definitely would love to see it at least get Qutar added. 

On 7/24/2023 at 1:51 PM, bies said:

It would be awesome. Persian Gulf map should be 1991 Gulf War actual warzone map, with Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia. Atmospheric, historical, relevant, perfect for Dynamic Campaign and many real missions to recreate.

Not modern day, peaceful time, Hormuz strait like in civlian simulator.

Or mostly the map we have and one day in 1986. 

• Like 1