2023 And Beyond Speculation Thread

ebabil

Same here. I’d be100% okay with a whole year of no new modules and just core work, actual weather (not new clouds), atc,  fixing bugs, graphics, optimizing, AI etc. and actually finishing the modules that are already here. That’s obviously not going to happen, new modules / maps do need to be in the pipeline, but some of us sure wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more love given to the game itself. Still excited for the news, though, whatever it brings! 
That is none part of the "2023 and beyond" video. Actually ED maintain a blackout about some features by the bad feedback. On fact, ED continue maintain the old 2021 roadmap active and some details has nor get News.

ED never go to stop your modern, WW2, Supercarrier and others by that has none to do with others parts of DCS, as engine (vulkan), multithread, AI, Dinamic Campaign, etc. Has a complete no sense and no know how develop working.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

That is none part of the "2023 and beyond" video. Actually ED maintain a blackout about some features by the bad feedback. On fact, ED continue maintain the old 2021 roadmap active and some details has nor get News.

ED never go to stop your modern, WW2, Supercarrier and others by that has none to do with others parts of DCS, as engine (vulkan), multithread, AI, Dinamic Campaign, etc. Has a complete no sense and no know how develop working.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

No, I understand. Development  can’t just come to a stop on anything. Everything needs done hand in hand. Every part affects everything else. Modules and maps pay the bills and keep dcs running. They take years to develop, as does every part of the game itself. That wouldn’t makes sense for us consumers, or from a business standpoint. There’s different teams, programmers, artists, testers for every facet of dcs. My statement was more rhetorical than anything. I think ED does a great job supporting dcs and bringing new features and updates.. a lot of them! The probably care more than any other game developer out there. And their hard work definitely doesn’t go un-noticed. I do feel like a lot of little things, improvements, QOL, bug fixes, get put on the back burner and sometime forgotten about. But everyone wants something a little bit different and its virtually ( or literally) impossible for ED to do them all and satisfy the wants of thousands of people. I’m very  excited for every newsletter and update, whether it applies/ interests me or not. I love DCS. I wasn’t trying to put them down in any way, I am truly grateful for what ED brings to us!😃

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

6 hours ago, Cunning_Raven said:

I'm hoping to see the eurofighter, but I assume Heatblur won't let ED show it. They said that they'll only show anything about it when it's almost ready. And also that we'll only see stuff from them. 

But a man can always dream.

generally they show or hint unannounced module. so eurofighter doesn't fit the frame

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If I recall correctly, Apache, Viper and Phantom weren't announced until beyond videos were released (maybe just speculations or small hints or old projects ). I don't think anyone get excited if he sees an Eurofigter in that video. Especially after watching this 1.5 years ago

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

If I recall correctly, Apache, Viper and Phantom weren't announced until beyond videos were released (maybe just speculations or small hints or old projects ). I don't think anyone get excited if he sees an Eurofigter in that video. Especially after watching this 1.5 years ago

Well each to their own. Last few videos have been full of new footage of announced modules (F15E??) and a new reveal at the end. Maybe that won't be the way this year who knows. I would certainly be excited to see the eurofigher though. 

Edited by Hoirtel

Note that this year, the announcement policy changed. They come out as soon as the project kicks into gear. As such, I don't think they've got anything left to announce. I don't have a problem with this approach, but it does leave no room for dropping hints. I'm more excited about progress reports on stuff we do know about, particularly core features.

• Like 2

Yeeeeeeesssss!!!!

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

11 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

On some of them.... I not remember now.

Out of curiosity I checked Facebook for last year's video and found no pre-announcement like this year. Makes me wonder if ED is excited about what's coming.

But in reality, it probably doesn't mean anything. :wallbash:

12 minutes ago, Cab said:

Phantoms over Egypt. Good deal.

On another note, have they done this in the past? Advertised a release date for the "...and Beyond" video?

They might feel the need this time to keep the children quiet, so a head's up is a good idea.

• Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 12/28/2022 at 9:39 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Note that this year, the announcement policy changed. They come out as soon as the project kicks into gear. As such, I don't think they've got anything left to announce. I don't have a problem with this approach, but it does leave no room for dropping hints. I'm more excited about progress reports on stuff we do know about, particularly core features.

Agree, but that’s really 3rd party stuff though. On his ACS podcast interview a few months ago Matt W confirmed ED have module(s) on the burner. It’s notable that there’s nothing announced from ED currently, either WW2 or more contemporary.

I guess that's fair enough. They're finishing both Hornet and Viper, the roadmap looks like it might get done this year. Black Shark 3 is out, and mostly in good shape. A-10C 2 needs the new radio and some bugfixes, and that's it. That's essentially make two modern aircraft teams with very little to do, they've got to have something else cooking.

It'll be really interesting to see what it is. With Russian aircraft basically out of the picture for now, and ED's preference for sure sellers (preferably ones already featured in an older sim), we're looking at a seriously short list of possibilities. Basically, the F-15C and the Super Hornet. Everything else is either Russian, obscure, or taken, except maybe the F-105 and F-104, except they said they won't do century series. One option is more updates to the oldies, that seems to be working well for them. I'd sure love to see some quirks ironed out of the F-5 and the Huey, and the models upgraded.

Maybe they'll surprise us and reveal an FF Russian aircraft. MiG-29A, Su-25 and Su-27S were all mulled in the past. Of those, the MiG-29A seems the least unlikely. Admittedly, this might not be a good time for a Russian aircraft, although I'm sure a Ukrainian one would sell well enough. I guess we'll see on the 4th. Myself, I'm hoping for the Superbug being in there somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I guess that's fair enough. They're finishing both Hornet and Viper, the roadmap looks like it might get done this year. Black Shark 3 is out, and mostly in good shape. A-10C 2 needs the new radio and some bugfixes, and that's it. That's essentially make two modern aircraft teams with very little to do, they've got to have something else cooking.

You check the Wags F-16C / F/A-18C / A-10C-II Mini Update today?

18 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

It'll be really interesting to see what it is. With Russian aircraft basically out of the picture for now, and ED's preference for sure sellers (preferably ones already featured in an older sim), we're looking at a seriously short list of possibilities. Basically, the F-15C and the Super Hornet. Everything else is either Russian, obscure, or taken, except maybe the F-105 and F-104, except they said they won't do century series. One option is more updates to the oldies, that seems to be working well for them. I'd sure love to see some quirks ironed out of the F-5 and the Huey, and the models upgraded.

Maybe they'll surprise us and reveal an FF Russian aircraft. MiG-29A, Su-25 and Su-27S were all mulled in the past. Of those, the MiG-29A seems the least unlikely. Admittedly, this might not be a good time for a Russian aircraft, although I'm sure a Ukrainian one would sell well enough. I guess we'll see on the 4th. Myself, I'm hoping for the Superbug being in there somewhere.

Has some "rumors" on Russian forum about a Mig-29A hardcore module, some F-5E/UH-1/Su-25 update, but actually ED dont have claiming about a new module, and WW2 actually has on dark from a year ago, after the Mosquito release meanwhile Nick Grey "claiming" about a F-6F and Bob modules. Meanwhile continue working on Marianas WW2.

The old "2021 roadmap was phase out with the AH-64 release, and I dont expected a new "Roadmap" by ED never more. By now, if "2023 and beyond" video get a new suprise, I think will be a new secret 3rd party project, no a ED projetc.

Edited by Silver_Dragon