DCS CH47 Discussion thread

SilentGun

Wanted to start some conversation about the upcoming DCS CH47! i have a few questions that the community might be able to answer. 

I'm curious as to what variant are we getting? It seems like the cockpit resembles a CH47F with 5 MFD's or something along those lines (from the type of CDU that can be seen in the video). We can also see that the chin has something mounted on it, a FLIR camera or terrain radar maybe? 

Screenshot 2023-01-04 134436.png

Screenshot 2023-01-04 134512.png

1Lmc-CH147Cockpit.jpeg

Edited by SilentGun
  • Like 4

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

It could also be a G model as we can see the two controls aft of the radio panels (possibly for a targeting pod?)

17939022995_c7e1333ed7_b.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-04 135514.png

• Like 4

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

2 hours ago, howie87 said:

image.pngLooks like an Italian ICH-47F

Looks like you're right! I wonder why they chose to model the Italian ICH47 instead of the US version. Either way I think the cockpit looks way better in this version! Foto_7559.jpg

That thing under the chin looks like some kind of FLIR that can mount a TGP underneath it as well

heres a good article detailing the capabilities of the ICH47 https://www.army-technology.com/projects/ich-47f-chinook-multi-role-helicopter/

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SilentGun said:

Looks like you're right! I wonder why they chose to model the Italian ICH47 instead of the US version.

I imagine it came down to having access to the airframe and systems. The cockpit does look very nice though, with it being a 2014 and onwards model.

27 minutes ago, howie87 said:

I imagine it came down to having access to the airframe and systems. The cockpit does look very nice though, with it being a 2014 and onwards model.

Probably. The best one to model is the one you actually can get to.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The Chinook will be an awesome addition to DCS! :thumbup:

(proper implementation of troop transport and vehicle sling loading will be mandatory though, but I'm sure ED knows that).

A bit grainy, as I took it probably 20 years ago at Bierset (Belgium), but thought I'd share here:

PICT043912.jpg

• Like 7

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

17 hours ago, SilentGun said:

Looks like you're right! I wonder why they chose to model the Italian ICH47 instead of the US version. Either way I think the cockpit looks way better in this version! 

What's the difference, besides the chin pod? Maybe it'll be a simple switch to remove some equipment not present on the US version. I don't think avionics differ that much, it's a utility helo, after all. 

We already knew a new helicopter was under development by ED, and I think most people hoped for a Blackhawk in one form or another, but a Chinook will likely integrate better with the upcoming Dynamic Campaign.

It sure offers a lot of possible versatility:

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I’m the sort of person that would buy a DCS Cessna 172. That said it does surprise me we’re seeing a flagship non combat module from ED. I’d have expected it from a 3rd party dev, but not ED.

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I’m the sort of person that would buy a DCS Cessna 172. That said it does surprise me we’re seeing a flagship non combat module from ED. I’d have expected it from a 3rd party dev, but not ED.

I would buy a Cessna as well. I find DCS to be not only the best combat flightsim, but the best flightsim period. I simply enjoy flying in DCS more than anything else, combat or not.

I'd be happy just to fly the Chinook around and enjoy the experience. Where else will you be able to fly what will likely be an incredible full fidelity reproduction of a great big azz chopper? Even if the civvy sim got a CH-47, there's no way it would compare in quality and nothing even close to the interactivity with the environment that DCS offers.

DCS will give the Chinook the big WHOMP - WHOMP - WHOMP -WHOMP -WHOMP -WHOMP -WHOMP -WHOMP  it deserves. 😎

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 8

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wildturkeydown said:

Are there any reputable companies manufacturing CH-47 sim controls?

If they aren't yet, you can probably bet they're going to start looking into it.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

What about an MH-47G version? Miniguns, belly mounted M240H's, hoist, FLIR under the nose, ground terrain radar on the nose, inflight refuel probe. Straight from the Night Stalkers. Or, even better, old school Guns-A-Go-Go. 

Edited by H60MTI
  • Like 2

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

On 1/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, SilentGun said:

Looks like you're right! I wonder why they chose to model the Italian ICH47 instead of the US version. Either way I think the cockpit looks way better in this version! Foto_7559.jpg

That thing under the chin looks like some kind of FLIR that can mount a TGP underneath it as well

heres a good article detailing the capabilities of the ICH47 https://www.army-technology.com/projects/ich-47f-chinook-multi-role-helicopter/

It's called a LOAM, and it is for object avoidance. 

Laser Alert Sensor for Helicopters (helis.com)

Am 31.1.2023 um 01:40 schrieb H60MTI:

What about an MH-47G version? Miniguns, belly mounted M240H's, hoist, FLIR under the nose, ground terrain radar on the nose, inflight refuel probe. Straight from the Night Stalkers. Or, even better, old school Guns-A-Go-Go. 

I‘d guess that one is too much classified on systems. So, I don‘t believe we can see this variant……but would be very nice indeed.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Be surprised how much you can find online. A lot of the bird is still just standard equipment available on other aircraft models. I'd look at the F model 47's and the M model on the 60's and kinda mesh those. You could get a mean sim version of any Regiment bird, MH-47G or MH-60M.

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

I‘d guess not all what to be found on the internet is free for legal public and commercial use…..

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

What's the bet on the release date? Will it be in the middle of the year or only at the end of the year?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.