Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

Ups. :sleep:

no-cant-be-happening.gif

I'll change te title of this topic. Thx for HU @AdrianL.

Not giving the release date turned out to be convenient ;).

image.png

okay but what does that mean? 😅

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• YoYo changed the title to Pre-order, 15th of February’23
3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

No. It is just the pre-order. Next OpenBeta patch is only on 1 March so will not be available before then. More likely to only be available April or later

Sorry, that's what I meant. I wanted to say it could come at any time that day. But now it's on the 15th

32 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

It means that the release date hasn't changed. All that's changed is the date that you have less money.

Which date?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, pii said:

Wait! a "Pre-order" got delayed for a, better preorder presentation ? lol

Just stick your YouTube Video anouncing the, Preorder, trailer to it and say

"COME AND GET IT!!!......

and they will come. 🙂 

Nope, the proper way is showing this sign: "Leave your Sort Code, Account Number, Holder Name and PIN in the comments section below" And people will comply...

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Keep Calm and Pre-order

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, Papanowel said:

We don't know, Razbam has not said anything yet regarding the release date.

😜 Ohhh! It was the sarcasm. You didn't understand the joke ;). They didn't give a date, but said they weren't changing it. In fact, I can now even say that it will be April, May, June etc. For me - pre order > next 2 lovely weeks the release of EA (wishes!).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Earlier in this very thread, I said I was done with preorders because dates are unreliable, vague, and consistently missed (and then was told I wasn’t being fair). On the unreliable and consistently missed side, this is a new one in seeing the actual preorder delayed. On the “vague” side, we now know that the EA release date, which hasn’t even been announced, is unchanged. Quite the head-scratcher.

Again, my criticism isn’t of ED or Razbam… they make a great product. It’s of this goofy preorder business.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YoYo said:

😜 Ohhh! It was the sarcasm. You didn't understand the joke ;). They didn't give a date, but said they weren't changing it. In fact, I can now even say that it will be April, May, June etc. For me - pre order > next 2 lovely weeks the release of EA (wishes!).

My bad 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Earlier in this very thread, I said I was done with preorders because dates are unreliable, vague, and consistently missed (and then was told I wasn’t being fair). On the unreliable and consistently missed side, this is a new one in seeing the actual preorder delayed. On the “vague” side, we now know that the EA release date, which hasn’t even been announced, is unchanged. Quite the head-scratcher.

Again, my criticism isn’t of ED or Razbam… they make a great product. It’s of this goofy preorder business.

I don't mind the "pre-order" stuff because they generally come with a nice discount and I'll be buying it regardless. With that said I literally laugh every time I see that the "Pre Order" was delayed, the absurdity of it is hilarious. Oh well back to waiting ....and laughing. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurts said:

"Pre-Order was delayed" translates to "We haven't set up the system to take your money and put a check box on your ED account to gain access to the module when it is released"

No.. it means exactly what Prowler said it does, they haven't got all the stuff together properly for the storefront to go live on the DCS store. So they are pushing back the pre-order to get that stuff finished.

image.png

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

What does it mean, it's like a fleeting moment, dew on the grass on a July morning, a girl's smile that you remember for the rest of your life and lasted a few seconds, it's fleeting like politicians' election promises, these two weeks are nothing with all this waiting time...
I can handle...
I guess..

😱

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nahen said:

What does it mean, it's like a fleeting moment, dew on the grass on a July morning, a girl's smile that you remember for the rest of your life and lasted a few seconds, it's fleeting like politicians' election promises, these two weeks are nothing with all this waiting time...
I can handle...
I guess..

😱

:smoke:Dude...

🏆

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

The  pre-order, which comes with a 30% discount, is currently planned for the 15th of February, 2023. Once the pre-order begins, we anticipate the F-15E to be released into Early Access a few months later and perhaps sooner.

What a huge God damn frustrating disappointment. For a module that was supposed to be released in 2022 to potentially not hit in EA until practically mid-year 2023? After being told release was "imminent" in December? Sorry. I usually don't bitch about this kind of stuff, but the quoted comment is a tough pill to swallow.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

What a huge God damn frustrating disappointment. For a module that was supposed to be released in 2022 to potentially not hit in EA until practically mid-year 2023? After being told release was "imminent" in December? Sorry. I usually don't bitch about this kind of stuff, but the quoted comment is a tough pill to swallow.

The part that gets me is that Razbam said something to the effect of "this doesn't effect our release schedule", implying that there is a known release schedule... but then the comment in the newsletter makes it sound like it is all kind of "to be determined" (a few months later, maybe sooner) ???.

The good news is that the Steve Davies book is a nice touch. He writes top-quality material, and his podcast is outstanding. Really a pretty cool bonus. 

Edited by davidrbarnette
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

What a huge God damn frustrating disappointment.

It was an act of kindness towards our significant others. RB realized that the undisciplined us here would splurge on the module right before Valentines day, which will ruin the rest of the year for us. And so they took it upon themselves, shouldered our indignation, and the world became a better place.

(... I don't really have to point out that moving the pre-order day (unlike the EA date which has not been communicated) changes exactly one thing: the earliest day when we can spend our money. The kept the 'you don't receive anything' timeline 😎) 

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 3