Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Are you planning on doing the Australian version as well? Main differences between that, the Hunter class, and the Type 26 is the Australian designed CEAFAR radar and altered superstructure to accommodate that. Additionally, they will use only 32 Mk.41 VLS cells, likely loaded with a mix of ESSM and SM-2, as well as the SM-6 and Tomahawk both of which Australia has recently purchased.

BAE have apparently proposed a version with up to 150 VLS cells to address the Australian Navy's lack of firepower, especially in terms of VLS's, however it's unlikely any decision will be made on that until Q3 this year when an independent naval review will be conducted on the RAN.

frigate2403-e1585006826740.jpg

• Like 5

A little advice to improve missile 3d design. Now the missiles fired and spent fuel look like a mock-up - they have a plug on the back. In reality, there must be a hole. You can simulate a scorched hole, it will not be noticeable in the launcher and during the operation of the nozzle, but in terminal part of flight the missile will look better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

I think the latest DCS update may have broken the US Naval assets. I noticed the Burke was only engaging with its stock SM-2 against aerial opponents.

Have you tried a reinstall?  Sometimes that's what it takes with how DCS updates cleanse out some of the mods and make them _backupXX where the XX is the folder # under the main directory.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 4:21 AM, djuice said:

Would the Type 26 come with several different variants (Hunter, City, CSC)? Just with different weapon loadouts like you did for your Modern US Naval vessels?

On 5/16/2023 at 4:25 AM, SouthernThunder said:

Are you planning on doing the Australian version as well? Main differences between that, the Hunter class, and the Type 26 is the Australian designed CEAFAR radar and altered superstructure to accommodate that. Additionally, they will use only 32 Mk.41 VLS cells, likely loaded with a mix of ESSM and SM-2, as well as the SM-6 and Tomahawk both of which Australia has recently purchased.

BAE have apparently proposed a version with up to 150 VLS cells to address the Australian Navy's lack of firepower, especially in terms of VLS's, however it's unlikely any decision will be made on that until Q3 this year when an independent naval review will be conducted on the RAN.

frigate2403-e1585006826740.jpg

I might make the RAN and RCN versions, since I have the bulk of the work already done. And the two versions adds a lot of different weaponry compared to the RN Type 26.

3 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

I think the latest DCS update may have broken the US Naval assets. I noticed the Burke was only engaging with its stock SM-2 against aerial opponents.

I just tried it, and it works fine for me.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I might make the RAN and RCN versions, since I have the bulk of the work already done. And the two versions adds a lot of different weaponry compared to the RN Type 26.

I just tried it, and it works fine for me.

I love you 😋

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

This. Is. Awesome!  If we wanted to supply you with 3d models, where should we best source them, and what format do you work with?  

Thanks! To manage expectations, I should mention that it's AI only. 

In regards to 3d models, there are a lot of parameters that goes into these decisions. The preferred format, the amount of polygons, the amount of details etc. If anyone is interested in donating 3d models, send me a message and we'll chat about it. 👍🏻

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

CH and Aircrafts are something new!

Any unique munitions available?

Well, the Gripen is probably a familiar aircraft. I started my DCS modding days with aircraft. 

First version will probably have the standard weapons like the AGM-154, GBU-31s, like the B-1 and B-2 would carry. The next release could possibly feature the AGM-158B and C. We'll see. 👍🏻

• Like 6

It will be interesting to see what HMS Glasgow, the first type 26, her pennant number will be, I see you've chosen F88 from HMS Broadsword for this one. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

4 minutes ago, Oban said:

It will be interesting to see what HMS Glasgow, the first type 26, her pennant number will be, I see you've chosen F88 from HMS Broadsword for this one. 

Yeah, I went with what Wiki gave me on the matter. 😅

• Like 3

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

image.pngType 26 Frigate 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

Type 26 promo.jpg

How this ship have 144 surface-to-air missiles? In the wiki it states 2x24 Cells for 48 Sea Ceptor so it should be only 48? Or maybe Iam wrong? Also the wiki says this ship will have 1x24 anti-ship missiles or anti-surface missiles. Hmm... But thanks for the hard work CH! Also I tested out vs various threats... vs the YJ-21 it has no chance. 😄 Against YJ-18 it defended well. I think the YJ-21 is too good to be true, and the whole Chinese fleet too. We have no idea how it is performing in reality for now...(The Chinese fleet and the Type 26) 🙂 But really CH thanks for your hard work! I really really appreciate it! You are such an amazing modder for DCs... More players need your attention! Your mods should be in the core game for real.. 😄 Such an amazing work my man! Such an amazing work!

Edited by SuPe7
  • Like 2

Question will your B-21 be as stealthy as an F-22 or closer to the F-35?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Very cool addition sir, though I think there's an issue with the transparency for the safety net on the flight deck, mine are solid looking, and have no transparency and some textures needing rotated as they're not all uni formal

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

8 hours ago, Gundamator said:

Thats a ton of Sea Ceptors.

You are correct!

7 hours ago, SuPe7 said:

How this ship have 144 surface-to-air missiles? In the wiki it states 2x24 Cells for 48 Sea Ceptor so it should be only 48? Or maybe Iam wrong? Also the wiki says this ship will have 1x24 anti-ship missiles or anti-surface missiles. Hmm... But thanks for the hard work CH! Also I tested out vs various threats... vs the YJ-21 it has no chance. 😄 Against YJ-18 it defended well. I think the YJ-21 is too good to be true, and the whole Chinese fleet too. We have no idea how it is performing in reality for now...(The Chinese fleet and the Type 26) 🙂 But really CH thanks for your hard work! I really really appreciate it! You are such an amazing modder for DCs... More players need your attention! Your mods should be in the core game for real.. 😄 Such an amazing work my man! Such an amazing work!

The Type 26 City Class is equipped with two 48 cell mushroom farms for the Sea Ceptors (CAMM). On top of that the RN has fitted the ship with three 8 cell Mk41 VLS. These cells can carry a myriad of different weapons like the Standard missiles, ESSM, VL-ASROC, Tomahawk etc. It can also quad pack Sea Ceptors, that means four small Ceptors per Mk41 cell. 

The reason I went with an all out Sea Ceptor configuration is because the RN hasn't decided what to do with their Mk41 cells. Some time in the future (if they ever get there) they plan to implement the result of the FC/ASW (Future Cruise/Anti-ship Weapon) which is a MBDA led collaboration between France and the UK. But we know very little of this project so far. And the odds of the RN buying Standard missiles or Tomahawks aren't great (the SM are expensive and require more advanced radars than the Artisan Type 997 to work properly). 

So instead of leaving the Mk41 cells empty, I filled them with the only kind of missile the RN has in stock. The Type 26 is primarily a ASW ship (whereas the upcoming Type 31 is a general purpose ship) and the missiles will mostly be for self protection. 

6 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

Question will your B-21 be as stealthy as an F-22 or closer to the F-35?

Well, I'm no expert but I've researched the issue. There already seem to be a lot of different views on the F-22 vs the F-35 stealth. Common sense would indicate that the B-21 is more stealthy than the B-2 since it's a completely new aircraft, built for stealth, with the latest technology available. But since we're talking about DCS stealth, we only have a static RCS number to use. What value would you suggest?

4 hours ago, Oban said:

Very cool addition sir, though I think there's an issue with the transparency for the safety net on the flight deck, mine are solid looking, and have no transparency and some textures needing rotated as they're not all uni formal

Thanks, I'll have a look.

• Like 1

image.pngType 26 Frigate 1.0.1 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.1

• Fixed Sea Ceptor missing textures

Haha, my old nemesis, the missing textures, struck again. Here's an updated version with the missing textures added. 😅

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuPe7 said:

And are you planning to do a Type 31 Frigate too? 😄 By the way the B-21 Raider looking sick. Nice work man!

If I can find a suitable model I will definitely make one. 👍🏻

• Like 1