Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Sorry but I can`t get -CHStrb90 FAC- to show up in the ME. Seems I `m not able to manage it. 

Looking for help, please

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

7 hours ago, Stratos said:

The Sheridan is a beautiful Cold War addition! Hope it came with a proper ODS skin and If you could add all those bags, cans and ID panels used while in combat...

f7a5321e88aef73c7ace08c3fdfcd9ecfb61960a.jpeg

an-m-551-sheridan-armored-reconnaissanceairborne-assault-vehicle-moves-to-the-122403-1024.jpg

There's very few 3d models of the Panama/Desert storm Sheridans around that are not inexpensive, you could bastardise a commanders cupola , and the stowage basket I guess, but I too would love to see this little beauty in DCS

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

34 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

I got this error with the mod installer

IMG_3054.jpeg

Strange, it got corrupted somehow. But I've uploaded a new version that should be good. It's the same 1.2.0 version. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

First of all thank you for the awesome work! It's really nice to have these assets in the game 😀

Would you like to consider including some Finnish forces too? I'm mostly thinking about Finnish made Patria armored vehicles - these are widely used by other countries too:

Lots of pictures available via Google.

Modules: FC3 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV-2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | UH-1H & WWII Assets Terrains: Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | South Atlantic Mods: A-4E-C | OV-10A | VSN_F104G

PC: AMD FX-8370 (8-core) | DDR3-1866MHz 32GB | AMD Radeon Vega 56 8GB | Corsair TX750 PSU | Lenovo 34" 21:9 screen

Controllers: CH Products F-16 Fighterstick | Saitek X52 Pro throttle | Saitek pedals | TrackIR 3

16 hours ago, Gundamator said:

CH, I am not able to get your RBS-15 and PrSM ashm to shoot at ships even with a awacs online.

It was changed a while ago. The RBS-15KA needs the UndE 23 STR to work. But the PrSM AShM uses AWACS. I just ran a test and had no problem with either of them. Check my attached mission.

PrSM and RBS15 test mission.miz

• Like 3

On 9/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, spikef22 said:

Yeah! So open the miz file in your choice of archive editor (I use winrar) and change that Mission.file to Mission.lua. Go into the mission editor and get the X and Z coordinates for where you want to put the object and override the existing one in the lua file!  for your viewing pleasure. A sea tor! 

DCS 2023-09-20 14-08-27.png

I have try your astuce : It work pretty well..
But if you add lot of wind (to make waves), the Tor fall under the bridge.

tor.jpg

I have tested on other ship of DCS, The Tor stay on the bridge. So I imagine if we try to land on this ship with waves, same thing can happen to an helicopter.

I will try

Edited by Kappa-131st

5 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

No, it's probably the M10 Booker.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Protected_Firepower 

Once again, that is correct! 👌🏻

• Like 4

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Once again, that is correct! 👌🏻

Very nice!  I look forward to seeing more of your work as always - best of luck with everything.

Also, if you're interested in some ideas for future projects you could work on, I have a few.  The Boxer series of armored vehicles, with 3D models available for 130 USD (€123 or 1424.5 SEK) would be great for augmenting existing German ground equipment like the Leopard 2 and Marder IFV.  You can find the 3D model in question here.  https://free3d.com/3d-model/gtk-boxer-all-modification-7047.html.  The militaries of Australia, Germany, Lithuania, and the Netherlands use the vehicle, with orders from the British, Ukrainian, and Algerian armed forces for future use.  

For a similar price, there is the Puma IFV for your consideration.  It's just as great at rounding out the collection of existing German army assets like your PzH 2000, the Leopard 2 series of tanks, and the Marder IFV.  The 3D model is available here, https://free3d.com/3d-model/puma-ifv-9998.html, for 140 USD (€132.4 or 1533.1 SEK).  

Lastly, I think that the RMMV HX series of trucks would make great sense as a counterpart to the M939, KAMAZ-43101, HEMTT, and KrAZ-6322 series of logistics trucks that exist in-game.  https://www.edrmagazine.eu/swedish-army-orders-rheinmetall-hx-heavy-trucks-for-patriot-system-from-rheinmetall-partner-raytheon.  It appears that a lot of your Swedish army assets are mounted to the RMMV HX chassis, such as the UndE 23/Saab Giraffe radar and part of the LVS 103/Patriot missile battery.  If possible, you can consider making some of these RMMV HX trucks standalone - they'd fit in quite well as part of FARPs, adding to the immersion.  

Thanks for everything once again.  

On 10/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, HighMaintenanceB said:

Thank you for everything that you do!   

Also, some photos of the B-21 were published earlier this month.  I'll consider making a livery with these new markings when I have time.  

image.png

Regarding this livery, I've been able to get all the other markings down - Air Force Global Strike Command, Air Force Materiel Command, 412th Test Wing, and the 0001 number as well.  Sadly, however, the "ED" markings for the landing gear doors are mirrored on the other side of the aircraft upside down.  So until I can reach out to Currenthill to give both landing gear doors independent textures, I'll have to put this livery on hold.  Sorry, guys.