Normandy 2.0 and multithreading performance issue

Midgard117

Hi.

When I use the Normandy map in the multithreading executable of the simulator, it feels like something is overloading it. The FPS drops and they feel slower than they actually are.

I've been testing the MT since it came out and I haven't had any problems. I've flown perfectly in desktop and VR, and the simulator on MT runs great on all maps, even on Marianas.

I performed a test by looking at the sky, and attached the results (With MT, it doesn't go beyond 90fps, even looking at the sky, but these 90fps feel like they are 50fps.).

The tests were carried out with the same mission, which only contains a parked F-18 aircraft at an airfield, with a few clouds at midday.

With MT, the FPS fluctuates quite a bit and it feels overloaded, while without MT it runs smoothly and reaches the maximum of 144hz (VSYNC enabled). As I mentioned, I haven't had this problem on other maps.

Does anyone else have this issue? Has this problem been reported?

Let me know if you need more information.

mt.jpg

no-mt.jpg

• ED Team

SO I did a quick and very dirt test and I saw the opposite.

image.png

If you want, save the track of your test and I can try in the same location and conditions and see if there is something there causing it.

Also, you may want to do a clean-up, remove mods, etc if needed.

Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hi NineLine,

Attached are the requested files. All tests were conducted on the Open-Beta version of DCS, updated to the latest date, with repaired version and no mods.

As I mentioned before, this is not a common behavior on my machine. I don't have any issues with MT on other maps, and I even gain a significant amount of FPS, making them feel smoother.

I have attached the following files:

Logs MT:
- dcs.log
- mt.trk

Logs No-MT
- dcs.log
- no-mt.trk

Extras:
- Test Mission (Empty)
- DxDiag File
- Settings (screenshot)

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!.

Extras.zip logs mt.zip logs no-mt.zip

Hi, Nine.

I found the error. It's the civil traffic option. I turned it off, and the problem seemed to be solved. Strangely, this option doesn't give me problems on any other maps, but in Normandy 2.0, using MT causes something that feels like a memory leak.

Let me know if I can provide you with any extra information.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Maybe due to the extreme amount of trains driving.

I have set civil traffic to low, but I find there are too many trains.

I´m not able to take a screenshot right now, but on many railroad lines they are driving in rows with only a few kilometers between them.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Just had my first fly on N2 instant action free flight in MT VR and used my default setting's for all maps since MT come out, at times I'm down to 33FPS for this map, it runs pretty bad in VR for me compared to all others sitting in the high 88s 13900K 4090, 64did DDR4.

Ill check the civ traffic option next and make a mission with it off.

Civilian traffic was the reason for my frame drops below 20fps (low level over London). When only changing civilian traffic from LOW to OFF, I went from 30-40fps with drops under 20 -> 40-60 fps with no noticeable drops or stuttering. Keeping civilian traffic to LOW and reducing other settings (shadows, terrain shadows etc) did not have a meaningful impact, same drops and stutters.

edit: The railways were very populated with smoky trains even on Low. Trains were just a few hundred meters behind each other in some cases.
So another solution might be just to reduce the number of trains.

Very immersive to see these trains driving around in this theater, so it would be a shame to keep the setting off.

Edited by Willdass

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

Here is my issue:

DCS World openBeta Multithreading

Computer Specs:
I7-8700
GTX 1070
32 GB DDR4 3200
DCSopenBeta installed at a SSD

Flying a solo Mission with f.e. P-51D or F5 E my system is normally GPU bound. I get arround 90-120 FPS on every map (Normandy 2.0, Syria, Persian Gulf, etc.)

GPU usage : 100 % / CPU usage arround 45 to sometimes 80%

Flying Multiplayer on the same maps, expept Normandy 2.0, with the same 2-4 people i get almost the same FPS resulst and GPU/CPU usage.

Flying Normandy 2.0 Multiplayer with same people and same Mission, my sytem is CPU bound and i get arround half FPS and the strange thing is, my GPU usage is at a 60-70%  and my CPU at arround 45%.

Greetings

Andi

Today I noticed the same. Normandy 2 map, MT and multi. However from the release of N.2 map Im flying only here so cant say 100% its only here or on the rest of maps too. At first everything was great, but after a while it felt like something was clogged.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if you've tried this map since the 2.9 in MT with DLSS on but it's an absolute disaster with the FPS. With DLSS I can have 60 fps over the Syria or the NTTR and 12 FPS with Normandy 2 in the same DCS session ( when it launchs without the freezes issue)

IT'S AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1