Spitfire module visual overhaul shown in Normandy 2.0 trailer

jackill

Apart from some weird lo-rez reflection showing up on the gunsight dimmer glass (something to bug-report I guess?), the rest of the cockpit looks friggin' great and finally matches the likes of Thunderbolt or Mossie.

• Like 5

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have a strange bug; I appear to have like a green 'film' for the lack of a better word, covering some of my gauges (the textures appears fine and updated besides). I assumed it was some conflict from a leftover mod, but I disabled them, did a clean up and repair and it is still there.

Cockpit looks good to you guys?

A screenshot would help, but if you're trying to describe what I think you are, then it's probably new dynamic reflections on instruments,  introduced with this update. They are a bit excessive indeed, compared to other warbirds.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Looks marvelous here. I actually like the light effects/ reflections. Makes the cockpit feel real and alive. As far as I can tell they can be as colorful as the rainbow, depending on angles and outside lighting conditions.

But he‘s right. A screenshot would help!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just by chance the Spit was the first thing I tried flying since the update. I wasn’t expecting to see any improvements to anything WWII related so was pleasantly surprised. What I like about it looks great, what I don’t, not so much.

Overall it’s an improvement, even my missus commented on it looking more realistic and she doesn’t fly. I see the greenish tint too, made me fancy a beer, maybe subliminally looking through beer bottle green made the suggestion?

Can’t stop looking at the boost gauge now though. Hope it’s sorted out soon, if it’s gonna be?

All in all it’s looking better than ever and I’m chuffed to see something on the prop side of things finally getting the attention deserved.

thank you ED and especially those that worked on getting this done.

Is anyone else than me experimenting this visual issue after installing 2.9? 

Screen_231020_105431.pnggreenish_Layer_Issue.png

Also this.... This happens in a cold and dark cockpit... before starting anything

Screen_231019_235247.png

Notice that exhaust pipe #1 on the left and #2 on the right are working... like engine were working, but it is before doing anything. To reproduce this you only have to launch instant action mission in Normandy map "Cold & Dark".  I'm still testing the issue origin, but it would be useful to know if anyone else is experimenting any of these issues, before reporting them as bugs.  

Screen_231019_235150.png

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

The green tints on the instruments really don't look right. I didn't experience this on my testflight. Have you any mods installed?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I've just found the origin of the greenish issue: It's one mod for the cockpit layers I had installed long time ago. But the exhaust on fire I'm afraid are some kind of bug. Still having it after removing any mod related with the Spit.

Screen_231020_112929.png

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, I can confirm the magic flames are there allright. Not really visible much unless you really move camera close (or use default F4 view to glance at the left set of stacks), but it's a visual bug nevertheless.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

I've just found the origin of the greenish issue: It's one mod for the cockpit layers I had installed long time ago. But the exhaust on fire I'm afraid are some kind of bug. Still having it after removing any mod related with the Spit.

Screen_231020_112929.png

What was the mod, out of interest?

DCS WWII player. I run the mission design team behind 4YA WWII, the most popular DCS World War 2 server.

https://www.ProjectOverlord.co.uk - for 4YA WW2 mission stats, mission information, historical research blogs and more.

47 minutes ago, jackill said:

Is lack of marker under North a bug, or it is different model of compass?

I haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but looking at your video -- oh man. It looks like they messed it up even more than it was before. Previously the lubber line moved with the bezel when it shouldn't have. Now it's stationary but it looks like the bracket that you're supposed to use to line up the bezel with the airplane doesn't move either now, when it should. So now it's even more broken!

One wonders who is testing this stuff!

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 1

I've noticed the magic eternal fire from some stacks is present on Mossie Merlins as well, so Spit is in a good company 😉 . Haven't investigated the other V-12 birds so closely yet.

13 hours ago, kablamoman said:

I haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but looking at your video -- oh man. It looks like they messed it up even more than it was before. Previously the lubber line moved with the bezel when it shouldn't have. Now it's stationary but it looks like the bracket that you're supposed to use to line up the bezel with the airplane doesn't move either now, when it should. So now it's even more broken!

One wonders who is testing this stuff!

I can't believe it 😐

Time to give the bug report a little refresh. Heck, it's only 7 years old... 😭

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Slippa said:

I need to learn to navigate properly in my props. If the compass is knackered in the Spit before I start I’ve no chance. 

The particular issue shown on the video above was fixed two patches ago. But, as Nealius mentioned, gyro alone is pretty good (probably more than it was in real life), so you'll probably rely on it more anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note To RAF Squadron Command:

It has come to my attention that my nice new Spitfire that was recently lent out to another squadron has been returned in rather a worn and sorry looking state.

Please attend to the culprits in an appropriate manner.

With thanks,

Flying Officer Scream. 😎

P.S. I actually quite like it. Well done ED.