SA-342 Gazelle 2023 "FM" Update

Very happy for the effort you have put in on this, I watched CasmoTV's update video and can not wait to try it in VR. I also hope you guys in putting this out shortly will also be close to a release of the Kiowa as well!! I always will support small third party developers and wish you guys the very best - Code On!!!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Yes, of course it was tested in VR. Stop worrying, you'll like it, it becomes very natural to use.

One question - in Casmo's video it sounded like there is no button to use the new optical sight, like for instance in the Hind. In VR or using TrackIR it is easy enough to lean forward. Does this mean we have to move the cockpit camera to use it in 2D? Is there a button like in the Hind planned for the future maybe?
Thanks.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Great news on the Gazelle update! I‘m really looking forward to the reworked and new features the Gazelle will get with the update 👍👍👍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I'm eager to give this a try.  I always liked the Gazelle, despite it's quirks.  This should bring it up to the expected standards though, and bodes well for the future Kiowa.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 hour ago, Don Rudi said:

One question - in Casmo's video it sounded like there is no button to use the new optical sight, like for instance in the Hind. In VR or using TrackIR it is easy enough to lean forward. Does this mean we have to move the cockpit camera to use it in 2D? Is there a button like in the Hind planned for the future maybe?
Thanks.

You can always save individual snapviews and bind them to any button or key.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Well done PC! Actually looking forward to dusting this module off.

• Like 1

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

9 hours ago, Don Rudi said:

Thanks.

You don't need to move, it'll be right in front of you. You can bind a key to stow/deploy the periscope, that's all you'll need to shift view.

• Like 2

When is the update coming? How will we know when?

• Like 1

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Well, the floor is still not grassproof. How did they not catch up on that?
I'd have to care about ants and bugs now? And hey There's a Wasp in my pressure suit!

image.jpeg

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 4

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Trying out the open beta:

- There is a pretty strong "pendulum" effect still - is this accurate to the actual aircraft? Has anyone here actually flown a Gazelle? Something about it feels a bit unnatural to me.

- Is the tail-rotor really that sensitive?

• Like 1

Yeah and some one forgot a strap buckle or something haging in mid air infront of the cyclic.

Also the vivian freezes during panning and you have to reset the axis to zero. Talking about resetting axies to zero, the center position trimmer acts like the instant trim in 50% of the cases

Edited by kaffepanna

I really like the ability to clean up the cockpit (removing sights, removing the tablet)... helps create a civilianised feel - even if a lot of the avionics are there for weapon controls, I can feel like I'm flying liaison in peacetime at least. Nice to have that more peaceful experience along with a clearer view of the ground/forward.

• Like 1

Really not getting on with the new Gazelle FM, it oscillates wildly trying to self-correct when turning/banking, Im finding it almost impossible to take off with reduced weight, it feels like one of the poor msfs helicopters 😞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Got the Gazelle.... question about the tablet.  Where is the aircraft icon on it as i don't have one on mine?

Are you using a cockpit mod? Perhaps Devrim's English cockpit mod? 

• Like 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you PC!
Even if I won't be able to try it out for a couple of weeks, it seems that majority of the user responses are positive.
But could you elaborate a little on the trimming, as I'm a little worried about how it works for FFB.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this huge update on the Gazelle! That‘s really beautiful.
Feels almost like a new life for it……Gazelle reborn!!😍

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

The new FM is finally worth it moniker 🙂 - I'm really enjoying while exploring Tel Aviv's waterfront. 

I'm being tuned off by the nav pad. That by itself is terrific. The reflections on it in VR are atrocious, though, and need to be turned down. This is because the reflecting sky is using a small skybox, and since the eyes have different locations, the reflection has artificial 'depth' that causes headache, and makes reading the pad almost impossible. 

• Like 2