SA-342 Gazelle 2023 "FM" Update

No!!! Rudder issue come back again.

Notice there is something conflict VKB blackbox 3 and 4 as I use mk4 gunfighter and T rudder.

If I use both gear, inputs go crazy.

Only on Gazelle. no fix even after re install what so ever.

Broken module 😞

13 minutes ago, karasinicoff said:

Broken module

It's definitely only something on your side and not related to the module. I reconfigured all my inputs yesterday and have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. Everything works well, as expected. You should check your system much deeper for control issues that come with your hardware, double bindings and driver/firmware settings.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 3

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Notice there is something conflict VKB blackbox 3 and 4 as I use mk4 gunfighter and T rudder.
Broken module
No, you need to rebind or unbind the axis in the controls setup. Deleting the files will just set everything back to default.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, karasinicoff said:

Broken module 😞

Check your axis controls and make sure pitch, roll, rudder, etc. doesn't have more than one device giving it inputs.

• Like 1

I have recently discovered that the HOTAS joystick twist activates the rudder pedals, even though there is no assignment in the controls menu, therefore while using the rudder pedals I have, any slight twist on the joystick interferes and I cannot fly well. Repeat, I have no binding or binding option active on the control menu for the joystick twist (rudder). This does not happen on any other module and is confined only to the Gazelle.

3 hours ago, Taildragger said:

I have recently discovered that the HOTAS joystick twist activates the rudder pedals, even though there is no assignment in the controls menu, therefore while using the rudder pedals I have, any slight twist on the joystick interferes and I cannot fly well. Repeat, I have no binding or binding option active on the control menu for the joystick twist (rudder). This does not happen on any other module and is confined only to the Gazelle.

Have you checked the axis bindings for both the pilot and co-pilot?

I had an issue where I had my throttle bound to the collective for the pilot but whenever I moved it, it was also moving the pilot cyclic. It Turns out the game had also bound my throttle to the co-pilot's cyclic. Once I'd cleared that binding it was fine.

• Like 2

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

There's a bit of confusion and I got caught, too. Kink wrote somewhere on the forums about the "precedence" of bindings they have introduced. It's just I can't find his post. It works something like this: if you're a co-pilot and there are bindings for particular axes, the Gazelle will obviously use those. If, however, there are NO bindings for some axes (we're talking axes available to both the pilot and the co-pilot), the Gazelle will take pilot's bindings instead.

Initially (I'm new to the Gazelle) I made identical bindings, tune axes and such, twice - both for pilot and co-pilot. I thought that was how I was supposed to do it. It seems unneccessary. Yesterday I tried and DELETED the bindings for the co-pilot and I can still drive the helo from the co-pilot's seat - the bindings from the pilot kick in in such case. Pretty cool! Again, we're talking only the axes available both for the pilot and co-pilot - the cyclic, pedals, collective and such.

So... if you happen to ride the Gazelle only in SP or "single crew" at least, I think it may be the smartest move to just delete such bindings for the co-pilot.

• Like 4

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 2 weeks later...

Good advice, So many moons later. I get back in the Gazelle that had been working fine, to find it went off the ground at the touch of the collective, like a Saturn 5! I had a bootfull of Right Rudder and I was emulating Woodstock from Snoopy! Uncontrollable. Found this thread, co-pilot.....I never have looked at co-pilot.....duh!. Yep co-pilot has all sorts of axes.  Deleted them and calmed down my axes, reversed the collective and.....much more controllable....THANK YOU.

I'm still rubbish at hover, but can see that the axes need a few tweaks and I should be there, THANK YOU

• Like 3

I guess that may be why, on my first attempt at take-off in the new model it just flipped straight over and smashed into the ground. At least, I hope so. I didn't even look at the non-pilot assignments.

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

is this new "co pilot binding issue" declared as a bug ?   glad I found here the source for the mess...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

is this new "co pilot binding issue" declared as a bug ?   glad I found here the source for the mess...
No, it was mentioned in the changelog, the way it was implemented.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JABO2009 said:

It's more work to set up the bindings now but I think one advantage is that you can map the same button or switch to do one thing as pilot and another as copilot without using a modifier (similar to the Apache). But it can be a bit confusing too in that many bindings are still shared and repeated between pilot/copilot, ie, you bind them in the pilot tab only but they will also work when you are copilot, which is useful for solo play. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

4 hours ago, freehand said:

Interested in the module what's she like in VR ?

I do not do the free trial thing anymore so some personal input from others would be nice thanks.

Is so good or so bas as your headset and rig capabilities are, for me, I fly the module in VR with a i9-1850k, a 3080ti and reverb G2, , I can achieve solid 45fps, the module demands more or less the same power than the AH-64, but feels so good , beacuse his great transparent cockpit, so the sense of speed is superb at low altitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

I love flying the Gazelle lately. Once I got used to the latest FM, it feels really good. 

Flying at tree-top level and zooming through city sites is just a bliss.

The only gripe I have is not directly Gazelle-related, but when you fly low with helicopter speeds, the wave of LoD pop-ins is right in the center of your view. Probably due to the large unobstructed field of view, this is painfully obvious in the Gazelle.

I'd wish ED would give us the option to enlarge the max-LoD bubble - but that is off-topic. The Gazelle is just fun!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

Piloting the gazelle is a real pleasure, it is easy to tame, you can practically do what you want with it of course while respecting the principle of rotary wing flight, but it would be nice if you weren't forced to put so many feet straight stationary which has long fatigue on the right leg.
In addition, when I watch the flight videos of the gazelle in the cockpit
the pilot does not push the right foot as much (in real life) as in DCS;
I hope this will be rectified.
The gazelle has become a super module
Thanks in advance👍👏

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 6:50 AM, Hiob said:

I love flying the Gazelle lately. Once I got used to the latest FM, it feels really good. 

Flying at tree-top level and zooming through city sites is just a bliss.

The only gripe I have is not directly Gazelle-related, but when you fly low with helicopter speeds, the wave of LoD pop-ins is right in the center of your view. Probably due to the large unobstructed field of view, this is painfully obvious in the Gazelle.

I'd wish ED would give us the option to enlarge the max-LoD bubble - but that is off-topic. The Gazelle is just fun!

Now if they only fixed the ATHOS and did a better job with the HOT.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

5 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Now if they only fixed the ATHOS and did a better job with the HOT.

granted - I was only talking about flying. Weapons deployment I haven't done in a while. 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 2/23/2024 at 4:54 PM, AlpineGTA said:

Have you checked the axis bindings for both the pilot and co-pilot?

I had an issue where I had my throttle bound to the collective for the pilot but whenever I moved it, it was also moving the pilot cyclic. It Turns out the game had also bound my throttle to the co-pilot's cyclic. Once I'd cleared that binding it was fine.

Thank you, I am just getting back to Gazelle and I was getting some crazy jinks real hard on some cases, It was the default mapping for the co-pilot roll it was mapped to my rudder pedal brake axis, that i was slightly pressing down by accident. Clearing the binds for copilot also fixed it for me.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 10:59 AM, freehand said:

Interested in the module what's she like in VR ?

I do not do the free trial thing anymore so some personal input from others would be nice thanks.

Been flying in VR this last week , FPS drop when in cockpit maybe due to dust cloud , Cockpit looks like Beta with shiny glass on all readouts cant read some of it , The small Compass has a refection on it and you cant read compass heading not sure if place holder  .

The Textures look wash-outed , compared to the Hind and other Heli i fly .

Every thing is black . No colour just a black cockpit .

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

6 hours ago, KoN said:

Been flying in VR this last week , FPS drop when in cockpit maybe due to dust cloud , Cockpit looks like Beta with shiny glass on all readouts cant read some of it , The small Compass has a refection on it and you cant read compass heading not sure if place holder  .

The Textures look wash-outed , compared to the Hind and other Heli i fly .

Every thing is black . No colour just a black cockpit .

My take is the opposite.  The cockpit looks very realistic. I can read all the gauges in VR with no problem. Even the copilot looks good.  At the moment its my favorite module.  But as always YMMV.

• Like 1