Lock on sliding off target in DGF mode and HMCS with certain planes.

Dr05vc

Ahoi everyone! (^o^)/

Ever since the update that added the VSR to the F-16 and F-18, it has created this problem.
Since, at the time. I noticed that it had already been reported, I just assumed that it is still being worked on.
But recently I noticed that this effect is way worse on some aircraft over others, and just wanted to report that. 
I don't have a list off all the aircrafts that this effect is worse than others and I tested all of this with bots not with players.

The video ahead is some off the tests I did, and the results are:
F-15E and F-18: Have a lot of problems with this
F-14B: Still has them but seems like it is a little better or that flying foward may help although I wasn't even able to lock the F-15E when he was doing this.
F-16, Su-33, Su-25T: Seem fine, however they still have a slight chance to slide off target and that was captured on video with the Su-25T.
Dead F-15E: For some reason killing a plane makes it easier to lock on to and it gets to the same point as the F-16, Su-33, Su-25T. Now it's the proper time to use the guns!

This is all that I wanted to share and hopefully it can help.

Thank you for your time,
And have a nice day! \(^o^)

Edited by Dr05vc
  • Like 5

• Dr05vc changed the title to Lock on sliding off target in DGF mode and HMCS with certain planes.

To be precise the issue came back when stage 1 of the radar rework was released. I have contributed with tracks and videos in several threads and PMs.

The fixed internally tag looks promising. Thanks for addressing it.

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, Lord Vader said:

Yes, we can't promise it will be featured in the next update, but it will certainly be fixed soon. 

Just pay attention to the changelogs for the next updates.

Hey, I really hate when people hijack these topics and I am not proud. But since this issue is confirmed and a fix is incoming for the F16, is there a way for you to convince the devs to have a look at the Hornet which does the same thing with HACQ Acquisition with the helmet?

There is a bug topic out for it on the F18 side - but it has a 'cannot reproduce' despite videos and tracks and multiple reports

The issue is the same, you lock a target with the circle off-bore and the targeting locks and then stops mid-air where the target once was

1 minute ago, Lord Vader said:

I believe the fix for the F-16C will include the F/A-18C too. If not it will come down the line shortly after, don't worry. 

ZOMG!!!

I had to stop playing DCS because of how frustrating this entire situation was and this has made my day. Just knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel is awesome

Thank you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikoel said:

Yeah I get the same drift-lock-drift-lock when looking at friendly units flying in formation with both F/A-18 and F-16. Annoying, but not game breaking since I am not usually trying to shoot down friendly units

It's not just friends, its everybody.

It's really annoying when designating some enemy aircraft, which you have to pay special attention (ie, flying very high above), while dealing with others.

NL, it's not fixed! At least also for me. Lock does not hold below horizon or in front of the hills, it seems. Looking up is OK. Please get this fixed ASAP and start delivering quality/confirming releases! It's getting really frustrating all the time with these kind of (recurring) issues, making this sim really difficult to enjoy forward. 

F16 not tracking.trk

• Like 5

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

This has definitely NOT been fixed. Issue is still present. DGFT mode STT can‘t hold any lock for more than a few seconds. This is quite a biggie in PvP and needs an immediate hotfix! Also, „fixed“ needs to be removed from the thread‘s description. It is just not true and highly misleading. Furthermore, evidence in the form of tracks has already been provided. Thank you.

• Like 4

And for me too

F/A-18 is completely broken and unusable. Even if by a miracle it locks the plane for a few fleeting seconds, the firing solution is often not correct and I have to use the tracers to get it on to the target

F-16 is "better" - it can hold lock for 3 (5 if I am lucky) seconds before it loses the bandit even when he is directly ahead of me 100m away

Edit watched @Default774 video - my dogfights are exactly the same

Edited by nikoel

• ED Team
9 hours ago, nikoel said:

And for me too

F/A-18 is completely broken and unusable. Even if by a miracle it locks the plane for a few fleeting seconds, the firing solution is often not correct and I have to use the tracers to get it on to the target

F-16 is "better" - it can hold lock for 3 (5 if I am lucky) seconds before it loses the bandit even when he is directly ahead of me 100m away

Edit watched @Default774 video - my dogfights are exactly the same

Please include a track of the F/A-18C being broken and unusable. Thanks. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

Please include a track of the F/A-18C being broken and unusable. Thanks. 

Here you go. You get two tracks from me. I just made a track of that issue showcasing the Viper and another track showcasing the same problem in the Hornet. Test environment was SP, Caucasus Map in MT, latest OB version. So, I want to focus your attetion on the moment when I achieve the first lock. In both modules the first lock on seems to be rather stable. Then however, due to maneuvering, when lock is briefly lost and you reacquire lock the problem starts to appear. You then lose lock every few seconds. Wierdly enough, in MP even the first lock is unstable so the behavior is definitely different for in SP/MP environment...

Viper track:Viper ACM bug.trk

Hornet track:Hornet ACM bug.trk

9L, I also made two very short vids also showcasing the issue so you can see what I see...

Viper vid: https://youtu.be/qkf0li6ulhU

Hornet vid: https://youtu.be/ogPwmDJ738A

This issue is NOT fixed in the current OB. As Lord Vader said, this might be fixed internally but it certainly isn´t in our OB version. Again, a hotfix on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2