Sun visor/glasses

Anubis_94

15 minutes ago, BuLLeT.ZA said:

Regardless of the refueling situation, there are many situations where glare is an issue.

The visor in the F15E is a quality of life feature I really miss in other aircraft now.

I believe you. The Mirage 2000 has it. Harrier? 

I'm sure there are at least two more. C-101/MB-339/Mirage F1? Don't remember. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2023 at 5:34 AM, BuLLeT.ZA said:

The visor in the F15E is a quality of life feature I really miss in other aircraft now.

Absolutely agree!  I fly the hornet about 90% of the time and have wanted a working visor for years.  The F15E was the first time I experienced that feature and 100% agree this should absolutely be a requirement for all modern aircraft moving forward (whatever might remain).  Retrofitting this back to aircraft already released (or still in EA), is something I'd like to see ED execute.  

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 2 weeks later...

I think the sun blinding effect is also too strong especially in VR. This should be more like this:

image.png

Edited by broderbund67

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

For those of you that use the open xr toolkit. In the appearance tab and I believe under post processing. There is the option for sunglasses with 3 different selections light, dark, true night That does a pretty good job of taking the edge off of the glare Plus you can tweak the colors to make the outside world look a little better

J

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to you ED team
I find your new driver (F18) superb and the
animations that go with it well done, especially when taking off from an aircraft carrier, plus the animation of the pilot lowering his visor and frankly
super well done.
What I would like and I think many people would like is when the visor lowers and we see the landscape darken like the visor of the F15E & the Mirage 2000, that would be great and I think that this shouldn't be necessary to achieve, right?
Thank you for acceding to this request Gentlemen from ED🤗👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice work on that helmet visor animation, ED. It actually looks pretty damn cool I have to say. The sad thing is, though that it is only an animation and you do not have an actual effect from the visor like in the F-15E or all of the Mirages. Does ED plan to add such an effect for the Hornet, too? And maybe even for the Viper? I mean it is all about the coolness factor, right? 🤣🤙

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi, we are aware, the new pilot model needs the kneeboard reactivating, the team are working on it. 

Hey bignewy, since you replied here, i hope you can reply to my question too. I actually asked this question few days ago, but sadly nobody did answer, so i try my luck here.

1. Will the Helm Visor work? Since you can open/close the visor, i think it should work also like a darker filter?
  2. The hose on the helmet is there, but when you look down, the hose disappears. Will the team make the hose visible again? so when you look down, you see the hose too? Actually it was working before the second patch, and sometimes depend on how you turned the head, it was showing the hose and it was more immersive. 
  3. Will be possible to write something on this new kneeboard? Like Scratchpad mod? Scratchpad (digitalcombatsimulator.com) I mean if not, what is holding the Devs from adding that? This would be the top-notch function and it would be easy and very useful. Imagine flying then JTAC read new coordinates, and you can directly write it on a page on the kneeboard. The new kneeboard is also bigger, perfect for such thing.

Thank you for any answer i can get from ED.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi, 

I split your post from the other thread so we dont derail it. 

I will ask the team about your questions. 

3. we have requested this functionality however it is low priority, we have to be careful to pick more pressing tasks for the team as their time is precious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 2:54 PM, Tomcat388th said:

For those of you that use the open xr toolkit. In the appearance tab and I believe under post processing. There is the option for sunglasses with 3 different selections light, dark, true night That does a pretty good job of taking the edge off of the glare Plus you can tweak the colors to make the outside world look a little better

J

Thanks I see that, but the problem is that its awkward to enable, an actual visor would be far far better.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 1 month later...

Playing DCS on the flat screen was good, and then I got into VR with my Pimax Crystal and feels like I am in the middle of the cockpit.  The one issue I have is the bright sun.  Sometimes I have to put my HMD to the HUD because it can be blinding. I saw where there were previous requests so I just wanted to bring this back up.  This would really complete my VR experience with my new Crystal. 

Personally I lower the gamma by 5 stops when I fly ED modules during the day. At night I have to raise it again.

With RAZBAM modules there’s no need to do that.

That being said, this is the wrong section of the forum to post this.

Have a look here instead:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Dos:

I believe it is only when you look at the pilot from outside (F2). The pilot will put the visor down and up and you see it, take a look. Now that you mention it is it suppose to make a difference to our HUD view like tint the view some?

Correctly. For example, with the F-15E/ Mirage F1 the view is darkened somewhat and the sun no longer blinds you as much. Surely that should be the main function of the helmet visor? Or am I misunderstanding something?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset