Bombs dropping in auto mode simply doesn´t work

DST

So I tried dropping gbu´s on moving targets for like an hour or so, it simply doesn´t work. Azimuth steering line almost every time completely off to left or right side of the hud and bombs never hit target. Same with CCRP bombing and pipper for CDIP bombing also bugged sometimes. In the current state F15E is only usable for starting and landing and doing a bit AA combat. It´s a huge disapointment, and I really would appreciate if someone from RAZBAM could confirm that this is an known issue and it is being worked on, otherwise I have to assume that selling this module without clearly telling what is working and what is not, is really something of a fraud to me.

I never would have bought this module if I knew before that almost every AG drop mode that was suggested to be available from the start (with tutorial videos from grim reapers and the like) is bugged and not working correctly.

Otherwise I attached track file if someone has patience to look into it and tell me what I´m doing wrong here, then I have to apologise.

If not, I really have to conclude that this the most disapointing EA release I ever had in DCS.

F15tgbumissing.trk

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

25 minutes ago, DST said:

is really something of a fraud to me.

strong words .. you really should refrain from purchasing during early access ... wait until you get users confirmation that your must-have features are fully debugged.

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

53 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

strong words .. you really should refrain from purchasing during early access ... wait until you get users confirmation that your must-have features are fully debugged.

The thing is - I never had such issues with ANY EA dcs module before. ED always communicated clearly what is implemented and working on their modules and what is missing and will be added in the future. The EA release of the F15E suggested that the basic AG stuff (CDIP, CCRP, GBU bombing with tpod) is implemented and working, it was accompanied by various tutorial videos which NONE of them mentioned any major bugs, that is why I bought the module, expecting at least this basic stuff to work. Which is not the case.

So yeah, it feels like being cheated in some way.

• Like 1

LOL, like with a Viper, right? That was a great EA start 😉
I can't see a problem with a LGBU or a pipper delivery with Mudhen. Did you consider that you're doing some mistake?
As on bombing moving target it's a general bug in DCS, on Hornet all LGBUs fall behind moving target.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DST said:

It´s a huge disapointment, and I really would appreciate if someone from RAZBAM could confirm that this is an known issue and it is being worked on, otherwise I have to assume that selling this module without clearly telling what is working and what is not, is really something of a fraud to me.

I cant say what youre doing so thats not working for you, but I can say that it works fine for me. Thus the "bugs" you are seeing may not be all that common and as such be even harder to track down and fix. 

A trk file is fine but what would be even better is a complete, step by step, rundown on how to replicate whatever error you are seeing.

Else you may consider shelfing (or gifiting) the F-15 for the time being until a time it is more advanced in developement; seems you have plenty of other modules that wont give you such a hard time.

• Like 1

48th_Sig_Pic.png

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Bombs dropping in auto mode simply doesn´t work

So okay, then I would really apreciate to know what mistake I make causes the ASL to appear in the right or left side of the hud instead directly above the designation diamond? every time I designate a moving target? Happens nearly EVERY time. I make warm start from ramp, it happens with gbu12, with gbu10, also with mk82 in ccrp auto mode. There is no wind. It's a self build mission. I fly in VR with MT preview version.

ASL appears left or right, when I try to "catch" it I'm complete off and of course bombs never hit target this way. Was sure this is bugged behaviour. Now you guys tell me you have no problems and I make a mistake. I just don't get it.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, DST said:

So okay, then I would really apreciate to know what mistake I make causes the ASL to appear in the right or left side of the hud instead directly above the designation diamond? every time I designate a moving target? Happens nearly EVERY time. I make warm start from ramp, it happens with gbu12, with gbu10, also with mk82 in ccrp auto mode. There is no wind. It's a self build mission. I fly in VR with MT preview version.

ASL appears left or right, when I try to "catch" it I'm complete off and of course bombs never hit target this way. Was sure this is bugged behaviour. Now you guys tell me you have no problems and I make a mistake. I just don't get it.

Your track wouldn't load, (Header error), so I did a quick CCRP 12x Mk 82 and it worked as expected.

( I used several different altitudes, speeds, and bomb drop combinations).

I can't speak for the GBU's.

Make a short track if you're still having trouble.

Edited by Holbeach
  • Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

17 hours ago, DST said:

So yeah, it feels like being cheated in some way.

I don't think that's fair. It's EA after all. Everyone knows the module is incomplete and requires updates and fixes. But those updates and fixes are coming. Patience is required. 

• Like 5

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Track File shows you taking off, then doing a left turn and crashing into the ground. Quite useless.

Can you do a track or a short video and tell us what you are experiencing exactly and where it goes wrong ?

• Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

(RAZBAM answer)

ASL is wrong in presence of INS drift, but not enough to be stuck on the side of the HUD as you experienced. This is fixed for next release. It works fine if you are using EGI (mission date set after 1997). But it is unlikely the cause of what you describe, which looks like user error.

By purchasing an Early Access module, you had this information:

image.png

Writing here that you are disappointed is fine, stating this is "fraud" is not.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 8

On 9/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, Beirut said:

I don't think that's fair. It's EA after all. Everyone knows the module is incomplete and requires updates and fixes. But those updates and fixes are coming. Patience is required. 

even if its EA, is there any expectation of what is released works as shown?

5 minutes ago, JimBo* said:

even if its EA, is there any expectation of what is released works as shown?

There is always hope. But that hope is tempered with the reality that there are also always bugs. Especially at the start.

The RB Harrier and Mirage have seen a ton of fixes and updates over the years. Given that the F-15E is the new RB flagship module, I'm confident it's going to get a lot of attention as far as fixed and updates go, in the near future and in the years to come.

• Like 1

you don't its EA... you watch the pre release videos of it working and follow each instruction to the T. its EA, expect it not to work no matter how many examples you see of it working. just rewatch the videos again and again and know its worked at one time for someone else... it just doesn't work for you at the moment because its EA, doesn't matter the number of Utube videos, pre release videos that show its working, its EA. one day there will be a patch, or worse you get it to work one time and then it never works again, its EA.

I am so happy with the F-15E, wish I could have bought 2...

4 hours ago, JimBo* said:

you don't its EA... you watch the pre release videos of it working and follow each instruction to the T. its EA, expect it not to work no matter how many examples you see of it working. just rewatch the videos again and again and know its worked at one time for someone else... it just doesn't work for you at the moment because its EA, doesn't matter the number of Utube videos, pre release videos that show its working, its EA. one day there will be a patch, or worse you get it to work one time and then it never works again, its EA.

I am so happy with the F-15E, wish I could have bought 2...

So... you're saying it's EA? :smoke:  

If you aren't willing to accept bugs and wait for fixes and updates you should not have bought a module in Early Access. It's a hugely complicated plane and it's only been out for three-months. Unfortunately, patience is required. If you don't have patience, then let it all out in a post. I'll read it. I'm here for you. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beirut said:

So... you're saying it's EA? :smoke:  

If you aren't willing to accept bugs and wait for fixes and updates you should not have bought a module in Early Access. It's a hugely complicated plane and it's only been out for three-months. Unfortunately, patience is required. If you don't have patience, then let it all out in a post. I'll read it. I'm here for you. 

who said I was unhappy with it... apparently its EA, you got that part? they showed the canopy opening and closing, that's all I expect. its just foolish after that point, to expect anything else shown working, before or after the canopy opening/closing to work... 

I watched some of the trk and noticed you hadn't activated the point track. Hit auto acquisition press and move the cursor to activate it after you designate, you'll see ptrk/atrk boxed. It won't fix your original issue, but thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the module? 

Ok.  Have had this happen twice.  Both times, the track would have been too long, but I will try to capture a track if able.  I did notice that both times, I was on the South Atlantic map. Not sure it is from doing the wrong procedure, as it is the same thing I do any other time.  I designate, in both cases stationary ground targets.  at Punta Arenas Airport, and the steering line stays full scale off to the left or right.  However both times I did fire up the TGP from the back before the alignment was complete.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I will make a note to see if it happens if I do it after alignment.  

Thank You.

I apologise for using the word fraud.

I tried again and got very mixed and confusing results.

Tried now hot start IN AIR. Works perfect for all 4 moving targets, ASL spot on on every target like I am used to in Harrier for instance, so I was almost sure it´s because of missing INS alignment when doing warmstart from runway on ground (which I always do).

Then tried to drop remaining bombs on stationary targets and again have ASL off to the left when designating target and bombs of course missing. It still remains a mystery to me why almost no one seems to encounter this problem, it´s so ridiculously easy to reproduce. Have it still almost every time I do this bombing training mission I set up.

F15tgbumissing2.trk

On 9/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Kercheiz said:

ASL is wrong in presence of INS drift, but not enough to be stuck on the side of the HUD as you experienced. This is fixed for next release.

This is great news. I got the F15E to fly it old school like Natso showed in one of the pre-release videos, but this bug shelved it for me till it got fixed. Glad to hear they zapped the critter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 11:14 PM, Rudel_chw said:

i need to say when i was already like 6 months flying the f15E  i was starting to learn how to bomb with it. And like the asl line  it worked before, i can confirm however that now you can not use any bomb mode the asl line is always off, so something has changed it

My understanding is that there is a bug with respect to the ASL. This happens to me now and then. When it happens, there is nothing which I can do to fix it other than load up a new jet and hope for the best. 
I have had it work with a load of 8xGBU-12’s flawlessly and the next day, I get the ASL error with it off to the far right or left (mostly left to my memory). 
I have a target designated, I have area track and the ASL is stuck to the side. I tried moving the track a little and the designation but still stuck. Not so has mentioned this but in the Discord a few times and it has been discussed there a lot as well. 

• 2 weeks later...