2024 And Beyond Video Speculations Thread

ebabil

3 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

Century series was also confirmed by Wags so I guess we´ll see something(F104)

Well, actually we already know we're getting F-100 and F-104, that's Century series for sure, but it's nice to have it confirmed 🤣 .

17 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Well, maybe you can by the increased detail of an AI B-1B model compared to what we have in 2.9? 😉

Not really, they've been showing those models in high quality since quite a time now. Whether it's in Vulkan or not that should be them to say since we can't tell just by graphics itself. Last time they said something big about it was exactly that, they had Vulkan already working and to the same level of graphics of DX so they could work in both at the same time. We haven't seen a thing since then, might well be some nice surprise to see some improvement in that regard in the 2024 and beyond expected video 🤞.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
typo
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

11 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Not really, they've been showing those models in high quality since quite a time now. Whether it's in Vulkan or not that should be them to day since we can't tell just by graphics itself. Last time they said something big about it was exactly that, they had Vulkan already working and to the same level of graphics of DX so they could work in both at the same time. We haven't seen a thing since then, might well be some nice surprise to see some improvement in that regard in the 2024 and beyond expected video 🤞.

Thanks for that. I hope you are right because that would mean that "the new product" is not "just" DCS:Vulkan.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Well, actually we already know we're getting F-100 and F-104, that's Century series for sure, but it's nice to have it confirmed 🤣 .

Not really, they've been showing those models in high quality since quite a time now. Whether it's in Vulkan or not that should be them to say since we can't tell just by graphics itself. Last time they said something big about it was exactly that, they had Vulkan already working and to the same level of graphics of DX so they could work in both at the same time. We haven't seen a thing since then, might well be some nice surprise to see some improvement in that regard in the 2024 and beyond expected video 🤞.

Totally forgot that we have the F104 also already by 3rd party. Guess that´s what Wags meant, he said iirc that 2 centuries are being worked on

Edited by Badger1-1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 1:37 AM, WinterH said:

I'd love if a Cold War AH-1 would be announced but we don't have lots of reasons to believe that's happening yet.

Yeah that's one of the last "A List", low hanging fruit aircraft left out there, and is the one helo I'm chomping at the bit to get a hold of.

There's only so much left to do, so I'm fully expecting to see it hinted at in a "...and beyond" video at some point, even if not this time around.

I'd love to see multiple iterations/variants, however I think the Whiskey is the sweet spot if doing just one. Granted, a Vietnam era (was it the G?) would be highly desirable and most useful as well. 🙂 

On 12/7/2023 at 2:35 AM, Lace said:

We've seen virtually nothing of the CH-47 since last year's video, so I'd expect it to feature a little.  Perhaps we'll see the A-6 again, and I think the Phantom will have a heavy presence.  It would be nice to see Razbam's MiG-23, and our long-awaited Polychop Kiowa.  The Eurofighter would be a pleasant surprise, and I hope to see some of Orbx's Nordkapp map

I genuinely have no idea about the closing reveal, perhaps MiG-29A, but I'm hoping for something completely unexpected, who knows?

Per dev comments in interviews, the Chinook BARELY made it into that video, and it was 100% stationary art only, no systems or flight., which is why you've seen 'nought afterwards.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:34 AM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

IIRC, some video in the past was already recorded in Vulkan, but you can't tell the difference in graphics from DX to Vulkan.

None of the published content has been recorded in Vulkan.

• Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm not sure as to what will come for 2024, but whatever it is, it'll be good. And I'll be waiting for it.

• Like 3

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

I'll call it.

MIG-29 at the end of the video.

:joystick:

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

On 12/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, Lace said:

We've seen virtually nothing of the CH-47 since last year's video, so I'd expect it to feature a little.  Perhaps we'll see the A-6 again, and I think the Phantom will have a heavy presence.  It would be nice to see Razbam's MiG-23, and our long-awaited Polychop Kiowa.  The Eurofighter would be a pleasant surprise, and I hope to see some of Orbx's Nordkapp map

I genuinely have no idea about the closing reveal, perhaps MiG-29A, but I'm hoping for something completely unexpected, who knows?

We need remember the F-4E, OH-58D, La-7, C-130, F4-U1 and Marianas WW2 no release modules, has appears on the "2023 and Beyond" video, has no a suprise. And the end video not only appears the CH-47, appears a teaser from confirmed F6F Hellcat module. Nick, on VFAT interview, has talked EFA has been delayed. By now and the last pics, Heatblur surely moving with to the A-6E after the F-4E release. Mig-29 has been a resource with has appears always on the ED videos, a module with like make on any time on the future. Other Non official modue (a mod) has the A-4 always appears on DCS videos.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

4 minutes ago, Beirut said:

F-111 

I had a dream, you see... 

A side by side two-seater jet would be so awesome! I can't wait to finally get to fly the Intruder, and the F-111 would be very nice, too!

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

26 minutes ago, Beirut said:

F-111 

I had a dream, you see... 

Straight after I posted MIG-29, I started thinking F-111.

Then you post F-111.

Spooky.

If I'm not right, I hope you are.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

grafik.png

Soon....

• Like 7

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I wasn't expecting the 2024 and beyond video until January either.
But I'm really looking forward to it. It's always a real highlight.

• Like 3

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Hopefully progress on the WW2 stuff. The Mosquito release was 2 years ago last September.

Hopefully confirmation of the DCS Mig 29, although I have my doubts. 

Spherical map?

A new product category enabling DCS to include more current airframes but using speculative data and avionics? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Hopefully progress on the WW2 stuff. The Mosquito release was 2 years ago last September.

Hopefully confirmation of the DCS Mig 29, although I have my doubts. 

Spherical map?

A new product category enabling DCS to include more current airframes but using speculative data and avionics? 

Remember F6F hellcat was "show" on 2023 and beyond.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Belphe said:

.. or at all 😞

Of course, we‘re getting one. It’s not unusual for it to be released in early january. Did you even bother to check when the past videos were released?

Some people really want to be miserable……

Cheer up, mate! 🥳

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"