Any news on the Mirage F1M?

ThorBrasil

Hello Aerges! Any news on the Mirage F1M development? I can't wait to be able to fly on it. Thanks!

• Like 7

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

7 hours ago, wired521 said:

Wondering this as well,

Also, I may have missed it... but what features will the M have over the E? Any chance a set of NVG's will get tossed into the pit? 🙂 

An NVG compatible cockpit was one of the upgrades of the F1M so it should have NVGs in DCS. 

The main differences of the F1M:

- Full digital HUD with CCIP/CCRP symbology 

- GPS and updated INS

- radar altimeter 

- new digital UFC and a color MFD that replaces the stores management system and radar display 

- the ALR-300 RWR like the one available in the EE

- lots of other stuff that isn't really relevant in DCS like new radio encryption stuff, upgraded IFF transponders, etc

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, wired521 said:

Thanks @gnomechild - even more excited for it now! I wonder if Computer aided bombing will be a feature, although manual bombing has really grown on me.

That's what he said, CCRP and CCIP, be aware the loadout is the same with no IFF interrogator, it's the same as the EE with just better avionics, the capabilities are almost the same.

• Like 4

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

• 2 weeks later...

Little question about the F1M. I just noticed that the front panel of the F1M only has 1 Small little panel for the Barax pod, is the Phimat not available for the F1M or is it gonna be integrated into the LCD and/or in the Upgraded hud panel?

• Like 1

I my mind, just let them work. When they will be ready to release it, they would share some screens. I think there is a lot of stuff to have all the new technology integrated in the cockpit. Keep in mind they're starting from zero, so it will take a little time between creating, coding and testing all the new features. They don't external extra pressure 😉.

They have already given us 3 different version of the F1, so we can patiently wait. 

Edited by grim_reaper68
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, grim_reaper68 said:

I my mind, just let them work. When they will be ready to release it, they would share some screens. I think there is a lot of stuff to have all the new technology integrated in the cockpit. Keep in mind they're starting from zero, so it will take a little time between creating, coding and testing all the new features. They don't external extra pressure 😉.

They have already given us 3 different version of the F1, so we can patiently wait. 

It's reasonable to ask for a small update once in a while. All developers has their own style of communication. Some show small progress every week, others are silent for months before a big reveal. We're just curious and interested that's all 🙂 I have not seen anyone here complain about pace, no pressure attached.

• Like 12

• 2 months later...

Yes, an up-to-date status would be great. With all the new announcements that are coming up: I always hope that it will be said: “The F1 M will come in the next update”. Really a great module.

• Like 5

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!