Dugulus
Go to solution Solved by Foka,

I have searched and couldn’t find anything in this topic, so my question:

When having the pilot body on in the F18, the knee board that shows on the left knee is great. But can I add more information like AAR refueling TACAN frequencies, JTAC, or other airport information relevant to the flight? 

It would be nice to be able to have more information than just the carrier info. And perhaps be able to have multiple pages as well on the knee board. Including checklists.

I have tried the knee board that can be brought up on screen and edited that one, however, in VR, the one on the pilot’s knee is more engaging and “realistic.”

Thanks!

I never tried pressing the [ or ] with the pilot body knee board. In VR it’s not really something I think most people would want to do. Would be nice if the VR pointer would be able to change the pages. 

57 minutes ago, Dugulus said:

I never tried pressing the [ or ] with the pilot body knee board. In VR it’s not really something I think most people would want to do. Would be nice if the VR pointer would be able to change the pages. 

bind other buttons to it on your hotas ... or other device

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

11 hours ago, Dugulus said:

get voice  attack  well worth it  since  i use  vr  all the  time  in dcs  the  first  10  button  assignments  you get  for  free  if  you need  more  than  you need  to pay  for  it

I use a modifier on my flight stick to allow me to effectively double the number of buttons. I use the paddle switch and DMS FWD to bring up the kneeboard and then paddle switch and DMS left and right to cycle the kneeboard pages forward and backwards. I also use the paddle switch and TMS FWD and AFT for my zoom in and out slow.

• 1 year later...

Not sure when your picture is from (guessing it was from pre-new pilot model), but as Foka said it got broken when ED did a pilot model update and they are still working on making it show again (at least I don't recall seeing anything in patch notes about it being fixed).

46 minutes ago, Foka said:

Oh!
So it doesn't work for me...

This issue happened to me on the legacy Hornet when using the CJS Superbug mod. If you´re using a cockpit liverie, or, using the CJS mod add this line to the description.lua (in the case of CJS mod add the line to the .lua file of the mod):  {"Pilot_F18_FP_Map", 0, "mfd3", true};

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• Solution

I don't use mods, and I'm using default cockpit.
But I'll check the line, thanks.

Thanks for the clue. My "default" cockpit livery wasn't really default. That was the problem. I had a mess in cockpit liveries.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Foka said:

I don't use mods, and I'm using default cockpit.
But I'll check the line, thanks.

Thanks for the clue. My "default" cockpit livery wasn't really default. That was the problem. I had a mess in cockpit liveries.

No prob, glad i could help in some sort.

I have some cockpit liveries too and i just added the line i mentioned earlier to the description.lua of the liveries and then the kneeboard shows fine.

Enjoy!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it seems there's a resolution already here and don't want to add yet another F18 Kneeboard thread...

Does the pilot model kneeboard pull from your Saved Games/KNEEBOARD documents as well? Or, do I need to put them in the actual DCS directory?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 10:05 PM, skins45 said:

Don't want to hijack the thread but it seems there's a resolution already here and don't want to add yet another F18 Kneeboard thread...

Does the pilot model kneeboard pull from your Saved Games/KNEEBOARD documents as well? Or, do I need to put them in the actual DCS directory?

The line "{"Pilot_F18_FP_Map", 0, "mfd3", true};"  should be added to the description.lua of the liveries you´re using. There are other ways to do it (you can create an OVgme ready file to add to the DCS core) but this is the way i use it.

• ED Team

Seems ok here. 

Can you attach your DCS log from the session where you try? 

Also make sure you select other pages to see if you just have a blank page or not

Thanks

Screen_240313_101949.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/13/2024 at 9:02 PM, fagulha said:

The line "{"Pilot_F18_FP_Map", 0, "mfd3", true};"  should be added to the description.lua of the liveries you´re using. There are other ways to do it (you can create an OVgme ready file to add to the DCS core) but this is the way i use it.

Aaah - that should do it, as I've got a custom livery. I'll give that a try when I'm back home on my gaming rig. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Aaah - that should do it, as I've got a custom livery. I'll give that a try when I'm back home on my gaming rig. Thank you!

You´re welcome. Enjoy.

Edited by fagulha
Typo and info