DCS: Afghanistan FAQ

13 minutes ago, Tom P said:

Will there be known FOBs/outposts already placed or is that on mission makers to try and make them?

Look at the map from OP - there are already placed some FOBs, ex. Bastion or TB Dwyer:

DCS AFGHANISTAN.jpeg

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Has there been a statement of how large the projected map is going to be filesize wise? Kola is a skip on my end because the storage space required is far too rich, and download speeds on my end are not something I can deal with come any updates.

I have growing interest in this map, but if it's slated to be anywhere near or over 80GB, I frankly am going to have to pass, but... I'd like to know an answer, and I haven't seen it anywhere as of yet.

Of course, I realize as it's expanded, I expect the size to increase, this is a given. I just want to know where it will be come initial release date.

Is there an answer @BIGNEWY ?

I’d also like to know this. But more so, so that I can budget space in advance to be able to ensure I can use it.

• Like 1

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

On 6/6/2024 at 5:52 AM, XCNuse said:

Has there been a statement of how large the projected map is going to be filesize wise? Kola is a skip on my end because the storage space required is far too rich, and download speeds on my end are not something I can deal with come any updates.

I have growing interest in this map, but if it's slated to be anywhere near or over 80GB, I frankly am going to have to pass, but... I'd like to know an answer, and I haven't seen it anywhere as of yet.

Of course, I realize as it's expanded, I expect the size to increase, this is a given. I just want to know where it will be come initial release date.

Is there an answer @BIGNEWY ?

In the official website store, the configuration requirements for Afghanistan say that 120G+ space is required.

59 minutes ago, supersylph said:

In the official website store, the configuration requirements for Afghanistan say that 120G+ space is required.

That's DCS requirements if I'm looking at where you found it. All maps have the 120gb on their page, but that's DCS World installation requirements.

There is nothing relating to the storage footprint the map will take on the FAQ unless I'm totally blind:

• Like 2

Hello ED & @BIGNEWY, any new shots, videos? Its very close to release, but its a lack of new materials! Please to add more pictures or something more :).

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Hello ED & @BIGNEWY, any new shots, videos? Its very close to release, but its a lack of new materials! Please to add more pictures or something more :).

We will share more the week running up to release. 

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/15/2024 at 1:31 PM, BIGNEWY said:

We will share more the week running up to release. 

thank you 

Bignewy, hello, can you tell me if I can buy East or North Avganistan separately? I have already ordered a map of Southwestern Afghanistan, and I'm thinking of expanding it a little.

• ED Team
52 minutes ago, SSP1 said:

Bignewy, hello, can you tell me if I can buy East or North Avganistan separately? I have already ordered a map of Southwestern Afghanistan, and I'm thinking of expanding it a little.

Hi yes you will be able to buy separately once they are ready, first we will have southwest Afghanistan as the detailed area. 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 114710.png
Image from the first post in this thread. 

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi yes you will be able to buy separately once they are ready, first we will have southwest Afghanistan as the detailed area. 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 114710.png
Image from the first post in this thread. 

thank you

Bignewy and when will the map of Eastern Afghanistan be ready and what will its price be?

• ED Team
1 minute ago, SSP1 said:

Bignewy and when will the map of Eastern Afghanistan be ready and what will its price be?

We are not ready to share a date for the Eastern part yet, it depends on early access progress, we will share more info once we are ready to. 

• Thanks 1

6 минут назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

Мы пока не готовы поделиться датой выхода восточной части, это зависит от прогресса в раннем доступе, мы поделимся дополнительной информацией, как только будем готовы.

Thanks for the answers.

Edited by SSP1
  • Thanks 1

Will the pre-purchase pricing be available to the Steam users? Thank you.

7800X3D, DDR5 64GB, MSI SUPREME X 4090, 0.5+1+2TB M.2 SSD, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 with VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Monstertech Table Mounts, Win 11 Home

1 hour ago, itskemo said:

Will the pre-purchase pricing be available to the Steam users?

No ($48.99), however the Early Access price ($55.99) usually is - sometimes for a short period/during sales and sometimes for the life of a module until ED decide the module is out of early access (this doesn't always align with ED's own store and perhaps is done to offset Steam's cut of the sale price?).

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

15 hours ago, Ramsay said:

No ($48.99), however the Early Access price ($55.99) usually is - sometimes for a short period/during sales and sometimes for the life of a module until ED decide the module is out of early access (this doesn't always align with ED's own store and perhaps is done to offset Steam's cut of the sale price?).

Steam has changed their policies which makes pre-order sales impossible.  Not being done by ED to offset Steams cut.

• Thanks 1

I can't guess from the whole map preview if the highest mountain Kohe Shakhawr will be present?

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:16 PM, SSP1 said:

Take the whole map, this division is pointless 😎, it will soon turn out that to play MP or SP you will need a part that you do not have. The whole map has better price too so you will save your money.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, petsild said:
I can't guess from the whole map preview if the highest mountain Kohe Shakhawr will be present?

No need to guess:
image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 hours ago, Ramsay said:

I see, thank you for the heads up. I guess it would probably still be worth it to me due to the fact that I can possibly refund the item in case it is not of what I expected. Additionally, I have 240€ a year worth of Steam credit in form of cash backs so it is still a no brainer, though it's a shame not the same prices are offered for both stores even though I understand Steam takes the cut from each sale, but still, customer should not pay for that IMHO.

7800X3D, DDR5 64GB, MSI SUPREME X 4090, 0.5+1+2TB M.2 SSD, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 with VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Monstertech Table Mounts, Win 11 Home

13 hours ago, itskemo said:

... though it's a shame not the same prices are offered for both stores even though I understand Steam takes the cut from each sale, but still, customer should not pay for that IMHO.

That's not why there is a difference.  Steam has fairly recently changed their policies so they no longer allow pre-orders.  That's why you can't get the "best" price on Steam (although some modules had it set to that price for the first week of release since you couldn't pre-order).

Personally I have no issue if ED did want to bump the price on Steam to compensate.  It's reportedly a significant cut that Steam takes (20-30%) for very little benefit to ED but most of the "benefit" of using Steam to the customer.  Generally I don't really care since I don't use Steam anyway 🙂.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1