SEPECAT Jaguar after F1?

Logan54

Hello devs! I saw a lot of french videos about F1, and I noticed that a lot of flights were together with Jaguars. And I find it as the really nice way of using 2 different jets with similar dinamics as mixed group. Jaguar was used as fighter-bomber with smart AG weapon, and it also can use anti radar and anti sea rockets and AGMs with laser-guided bombs. Also took part in Desert Storm operation and operated in Chad together with F1. So I think that it would be the great compliment from the chef if you guys find this idea reasonoble and let me and other virtual pilots interested in french line jets to have Jaguar in DCS.

More cockpit picture

1642140939_22-hdpic-club-p-shturmovik-i-istrebitel-raznitsa-foto-42.jpg

40063124294_fc44104067_o.jpg

1640657391_46-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-73.jpg

1640657433_31-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-48.jpg

1640657408_10-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-13.jpg

RAF-Jaguar-GR1-XX747-Photo-3.jpg

Edited by Logan54
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, please!!!! Jaguar would be a blast!!!

• Like 2

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

On 4/12/2024 at 2:34 AM, Logan54 said:

Hello devs! I saw a lot of french videos about F1, and I noticed that a lot of flights were together with Jaguars. And I find it as the really nice way of using 2 different jets with similar dinamics as mixed group. Jaguar was used as fighter-bomber with smart AG weapon, and it also can use anti radar and anti sea rockets and AGMs with laser-guided bombs. Also took part in Desert Storm operation and operated in Chad together with F1. So I think that it would be the great compliment from the chef if you guys find this idea reasonoble and let me and other virtual pilots interested in french line jets to have Jaguar in DCS.

More cockpit picture

1642140939_22-hdpic-club-p-shturmovik-i-istrebitel-raznitsa-foto-42.jpg

40063124294_fc44104067_o.jpg

1640657391_46-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-73.jpg

1640657433_31-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-48.jpg

1640657408_10-hdpic-club-p-istrebitel-yaguar-foto-13.jpg

RAF-Jaguar-GR1-XX747-Photo-3.jpg

As talked Aerges has a Spanish Team dedicated to build Spanish Air Force Aircrafts, dont expect a Jaguar.

Posted (edited)

Is that video at the top the one where the pilot got a bullet hole through the canopy on a runway denial mission (cos it looks like him on the still)? I recently read that story in Airfix Model World magazine. Still got back to base, but had to be lifted out of the cockpit iirc.

I can't see a Jaguar ever coming to DCS World, but would like to have one - could see it being my main airframe. Used to be my favourite visiting aircraft at Gütersloh in the '70's.

*btw it's been requested a number of times already so don't hold your breath 😉

Edited by Johnny Dioxin
  • Like 1

Rig: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS;

Pimax Crystal Light

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, Johnny Dioxin said:

I can't see a Jaguar ever coming to DCS World, but would like to have one...

Why shouldn't there be a Jaguar at some point (regardless of the developer)?

Are there no documentaries or secret documentation about the plane?

• Like 2

The point is that it's been asked for many times over the last 10 or more years and no serious dev (i.e. one that has actually hung around) has even commented on being interested in it. So - "don't hold your breath".

*edit - it's also not as if those requests run into dozens of even posts, let alone pages, of enthusiastic potential customers. Jaguar is one of, if not my fave RAF aircraft - used to love watching them arriving and leaving in RAFG (2sqn) and would be an instant purchase for me - but I highly doubt it will happen for reasons stated.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin

Rig: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS;

Pimax Crystal Light

I don't hold my breath... 😉

But just because no Dev has commented on it doesn't mean we'll never get a Jaguar. 

No developer has talked much about an F-104 either, although many have wanted one for a long time. And look, Aerges is developing one.

One does not mean the other.

• Like 1

I would love a Jaguar, I think my first thread on this forum was a request for the Jag.  I keep telling myself the Jag doesn't have the broad commercial appeal of the F-series US fighters, but it was a big player in some major conflicts with the the RAF (Granby) and the Armee de l'Air (Epervier), is still in current service with the Indian Air Force, and was used by the Omanis until fairly recently.  It is as prolific and well known as some recent and in development modules (MB-339, G91, etc).  It fulfilled a nuclear and conventional strike role, recce, anti-shipping, precision bombing, was A-A capable, and later versions had Gucci kit like an HMD and TIALD pod.  Not to mention the rough/unprepared strip capability.  It is a good fit for the Kola, Hormuz and incoming Iraq & Germany maps too.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

This is a spanish team, I don't understand why asking for a UK/FR aircraft, also they already announced their next product, they have a couple of years of work ahead with finishing the current versions of the F1, making the F1M, and then they will move on their next product...

• Like 1

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

1 minute ago, Loukuins said:

This is a spanish team, I don't understand why asking for a UK/FR aircraft, also they already announced their next product, they have a couple of years of work ahead with finishing the current versions of the F1, making the F1M, and then they will move on their next product...

Arges has confirmed and moving to the new product on 2023, the F-104/TF-104G Starfigter, meanwhile complete the Mirage F1M.

7 hours ago, Loukuins said:

The F1 is a French aircraft, and comparable in many ways to the Jag.  The fact that it was operated by the Spanish doesn't make it a Spanish aircraft, nor the F-104 which is next in the pipeline.  Of all the developers, Aerges seems the most logical to take on the Jag (given the role and era of their current projects).  Whether they choose to or not is of course up to them.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 hour ago, Lace said:

The F1 is a French aircraft, and comparable in many ways to the Jag.  The fact that it was operated by the Spanish doesn't make it a Spanish aircraft, nor the F-104 which is next in the pipeline.  Of all the developers, Aerges seems the most logical to take on the Jag (given the role and era of their current projects).  Whether they choose to or not is of course up to them.

The issue is that they are Spanish, they are making aircraft so they can have SME and understand the documentation for the aircraft.

• Like 1

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

Aerges do appear to be focused on aircraft used by the Spanish air force, and I do understand their passion.

Maybe a better suggestion for once they finish the Starfighter would be the Mirage 3.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Just now, Mr_sukebe said:

Aerges do appear to be focused on aircraft used by the Spanish air force, and I do understand their passion.

Maybe a better suggestion for once they finish the Starfighter would be the Mirage 3.

And that's totally fine, but they are surely not limited to the Spanish language 😉

1 minute ago, felixx75 said:

And that's totally fine, but they are surely not limited to the Spanish language 😉

I’m not saying they are, but if that’s where their passion sits, sometimes it’s better to just roll with it.

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Hi guys,

Don't worry too much about this. We prefer to make aircraft that served in the Spanish Air Force out of passion but there is a lot of practical concerns there too: easier access to airframes, documentation and SMEs to name the main ones. That being said, that doesn't mean we won't make aircraft that didn't fly in the SpAF, as we have a deep passion for aviation in general, but concerns about information availability and comercial viability will also play a role in any decission, obviously.

In general, we appreciate these posts and they give us good ideas. To be honest, if we don't make all the suggested planes, it is more related to time constraints and the need to prioritise rather than lack of interest or passion.

PS: the vast majority of the documentation is not in Spanish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fausete said:

… That being said, that doesn't mean we won't make aircraft that didn't fly in the SpAF, as we have a deep passion for aviation in general, but concerns about information availability and comercial viability will also play a role in any decission, obviously.

Hi, thanks a lot for explaining some of the factors that go into choosing a subject for DCS

In general, we appreciate these posts and they give us good ideas.

I’d like to suggest as a future subject, the Hawker Hunter, my reasons would be:

- It served with 22 countries, with almost 2,000 built, so I can imagine that dcs users from at least Uk, india, sweeden, switzerland, belgium, denmark, netherlands, and others would be potential buyers. 

- there will be other era-compatible dcs modules, like the F-100, the Mig-17, the Mig-19, the G-91, etc.

- it is less complex than other aircrafts like the F-1

- best variant to do, would be the fga mk9, in my opinion of course 🙂 

PS: the vast majority of the documentation is not in Spanish.

I agree, of your modules the only one with spanish docs would be the C-101 🙂 

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I bought the F1 today, simply because it's the nearest thing to a Jaguar out there.

Having said that, I'm enjoying it in its own right, flying the Kola Peninsular.

(I wish it was a Jaguar though). 😍

• Like 2
ASUS 2600K 3.8. P8Z68-V. ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti, RAM 16gb Corsair. M2 NVME 2gb. 2 SSD. 3 HDD. 1 kW ps. X-52. Saitek pedals.

The Jaguar, that ugly plane that pilots loved. An excellent attack plane that literally could take off from anywhere. If it didn't sell more it's because Dassault didn't want to do it.
It seems like a very interesting plane to me. The only problem is that the French and British versions are very different. Which one to do? Both?...

As the Indians used the Jag, maybe one of theirs might be most viable from the perspective of acquiring data on its systems?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

First we need spherical Earth tech. It's well known that the Jag could take off from anywhere, as long as the anywhere was long enough for it to use curvature of Earth to get off the ground. 🙂 

I'd love that jet. It might not be the fastest or most advanced out there, but it would be a fun bomb truck to fly.

15 hours ago, ZekeAR said:

The Jaguar, that ugly plane that pilots loved. An excellent attack plane that literally could take off from anywhere. If it didn't sell more it's because Dassault didn't want to do it.
It seems like a very interesting plane to me. The only problem is that the French and British versions are very different. Which one to do? Both?...

There's not a single modern 'British' aircraft in DCS (excepting the WWII pair).  The Harrier is a USMC version, the Phantom a USAF one, the incoming Tornado and Typhoon are both German versions, and the Hawk is dead.  Someone needs to give us at least one please... 

But I'd still be happy with a French, Indian or Omani one.

Or a Buccaneer!  A proper British aircraft. 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Btw.

And BTW2.

bqUgSiK.jpg

2jUQVvf.jpg

(dev update of AzurPoly for MSFS)

+1 for this for DCS! 🙏

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro