Does anyone from ORBX visit here?

I'm a bit puzzled by this, because no one from ORBX Team actually seems to maintain this part of their Forum, and all messages come from users. Its worth remembering that here is where the main part of the support and information provided should be. Thank you :)!

• Like 10

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Apart from an announcement they don't mention it in their own forums either, the only form of "communication" they do is on Discord and occasionally on Facebook. But there's not a whole lot in the way of answering questions about the product.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

I'm a bit puzzled by this, because no one from ORBX Team actually seems to maintain this part of their Forum, and all messages come from users. Its worth remembering that here is where the main part of the support and information provided should be. Thank you :)!

ORBX has only moving on your Discord (and some posts on your forum) and actualy, has none comunications on ED forums, surely await the map release.

ORBX discod:

https://orbx.to/discord

1 hour ago, Agg said:

Apart from an announcement they don't mention it in their own forums either, the only form of "communication" they do is on Discord and occasionally on Facebook. But there's not a whole lot in the way of answering questions about the product.

I hope @BIGNEWY will take care of this topic. They must have some community manager here on the Forum because this is the official channel for reporting bugs, wishes and any information. Maybe from the nearest Friday it will change, I hope :).

• Like 8

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

They're way over in Australia and it's kinda far to come all the way here just to talk to us.

They have to flip the page through 180° so they can read it. In the old days they would stand on their heads, so I'm told, but this practice got outlawed by Health & Safety.

• Like 5

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, NineLine said:

We expect them to become more active when the map releases, but they also have their own forums to deal with so how they will balance that all out is up to them. I will note with them the concerns of course. 

Btw. His Forum is marked as "read only": https://forum.orbxdirect.com/ (part of support), in fact, they closed it quite a long time ago, only the general discussion, community help and screenshots corner are open plus few more. It's better to always have everything in one place, I'm writing from the user's perspective, of course. Thank You. 

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Don't like what I see in the screenshots. Very low terrain detail. It remembered me EF2000 2.0

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

4 minutes ago, Psicodreamics said:

Very low terrain detail. It remembered me EF2000 2.0

Meanwhile, the DCS-Engine is sweating blood....... 😅

Let's wait and see - I'm confident.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

52 minutes ago, Psicodreamics said:

Don't like what I see in the screenshots. Very low terrain detail. It remembered me EF2000 2.0

Me too, but hopefully not. Definitely different from the WIP screens from Olenya as of September 13th, 23. . . this one was amazing, and they were deleted. Maybe not without reason. . . 

• Like 1

I hope that Today will start also Bug and Wishes corner here, like for others map, developers. 👍

Till now now any changes.

• Like 3

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

I hope that Today will start also Bug and Wishes corner here, like for others map, developers. 👍

Till now now any changes.

Hope so too. The official ORBX forum doesn't cut it. It was made redundant when ORBX closed down many sections and asked everyone to send tickets instead, so most people left. 

So I really hope ORBX starts to engage with the community once again, liked they used to do in the past, but please here, where DCS happens.

• Like 4

I personally don't use Discord. It is a horrible way to follow and find information as well as have a discussion. It works nicely for real time communications with a few people, but as a public discussion platform it is terrible. Discord also has a million pop ups, noises, and notification settings that I can never fully disable. The program is bloated and quite bad. Developers who use Discord for information is something I don't understand and never follow.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, Duck21 said:

Hope so too. The official ORBX forum doesn't cut it. It was made redundant when ORBX closed down many sections and asked everyone to send tickets instead, so most people left. 

So I really hope ORBX starts to engage with the community once again, liked they used to do in the past, but please here, where DCS happens.

This. I’ve been flying around a bit today and so far really like the new terrain. However it is a work in progress and Orbx really needs to engage here to get the most feedback from dcs players. I’ve noticed a few little things that need adjustment. For example the ILS at Bodø is slightly offset to the north. It appears to be somewhere over the apron or the tower. Not a biggie for most but it’s a minor issue. I also wonder if the actual ils course is slightly off (should be 072, but I need to check that further. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

You need to report on the Orbx tracking system

See 

Yep, I’m aware of that. My point however is that they will get much more feedback if they can engage with the dcs community here in the forum. 

• Like 5

On 5/4/2024 at 12:19 AM, Flogger23m said:

I personally don't use Discord. It is a horrible way to follow and find information as well as have a discussion. It works nicely for real time communications with a few people, but as a public discussion platform it is terrible. Discord also has a million pop ups, noises, and notification settings that I can never fully disable. The program is bloated and quite bad. Developers who use Discord for information is something I don't understand and never follow.

Right, Discord its a kind of chat only, big mess and not easy to find someting, in this respect, the forum is much better, better ordered and divided, and you can also review topics historically. Discord is a a torrent of words and a lot of senseless informatiom, more for tik tock users :P. I use Discord every day, it has some advantages - faster contact for sure, but when it comes to obtaining information, even about things he has no idea about, Discord is in last place for me.

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

Right now they want to use their system. If it doesn't work out or they are not hearing what they need to hear we will chat with them about it. 

Thanks. Also its a good idea for the future to have rules in the contract for 3rd party devs that main support should be here and each team will have own person for contact here, not on different channels, I suppose. Let's imagine that we already have a dozen or so developers and each of them wants to have a different contact channel and a different reporting system. This won't end well for either side ;).

• Like 6

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 3:50 PM, TED said:

This. I’ve been flying around a bit today and so far really like the new terrain. However it is a work in progress and Orbx really needs to engage here to get the most feedback from dcs players. I’ve noticed a few little things that need adjustment. For example the ILS at Bodø is slightly offset to the north. It appears to be somewhere over the apron or the tower. Not a biggie for most but it’s a minor issue. I also wonder if the actual ils course is slightly off (should be 072, but I need to check that further. 

Do you have any more details on this issue? I don't have the Kola map myself (at least noe yet) so I can't check this, but one of the ILSes at Bodø is in fact offset by 10° IRL. LOC 25 is also located in the "wrong" end of the runway, right next to LOC 07.

Edited by drPhibes