1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

DCS Patch status

Current versions: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Change logs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/

Stable Version

Current version number: 2.9.4.53990

Next planned update: Delayed until 22nd May 2024 

Dear all,

during final checks some blocking issues were found and we will require some time to resolve them. We want the F-4E launch to be the best experience it can be so delaying for one day is the best option, thank you for your understanding and patience.   

If you see something say something, glad you guys are holding until the issue is resolved. ❤️ thanks for setting a good example for other devs.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty poor lack of communication

I was getting a tad worried they have yet to email me a license number, turns out I wouldn’t have needed it ! 
my last preorder purchase EVER 

btw can I ask has anyone else not get a license following their purchase? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iaincoe said:

I was getting a tad worried they have yet to email me a license number, turns out I wouldn’t have needed it ! 

Check your dcsworld profile page for your licenses. 

Too bad. Only a half day of work today and thought it would be Phantom afternoon. 

I'll bet tomorrow, assuming it comes out tomorrow, will be a long hot horrible day and the blackflies will be out. 🤨

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

Make a sentence using these words. "Pram", "Toys" and "Throw". 

I wanted to throw my toys in the pram and go for a stroll, but the toy delivery is delayed; the driver forgot to fill up his tank yesterday.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

what a misery it will certainly be a good product but it is equally certain that this is my last pre-order.  Hoping it comes out tomorrow otherwise I'll request a refund at the end of May and goodnight everyone.

• Like 3

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Beirut:

Too bad. Only a half day of work today and thought it would be Phantom afternoon. 

I'll bet tomorrow, assuming it comes out tomorrow, will be a long hot horrible day and the blackflies will be out. 🤨

I feel with you. Same for me. but who would have thought that the release would be postponed 5 hours before the release.....(ironic)

• Like 1

Don’t wait for the Undertaker,
just ignite the Martin Baker!

i9-11900k, RTX 3080ti EVGA FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo, ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E, 1200W be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11, Corsair iCUE H150i Pro, 6x Corsair Light Loop Fans, Lian Li - PC-011

34" LG 34WR50QC-B, Oculus Rift S, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + F-18 Stick, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder

Oh my... Just wanted to check the forums to see at which time it will be released today, and now... It's truly not the end of the world, but I'm pretty disappointed nonetheless. 🤷🏻‍♂️

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

phantom

adjective

/ˈfæntəm/

/ˈfæntəm/
[only before noun]
  1. like a ghost
    • a phantom
    • a thing that exists only in your imagination

Quality Control and proper testing should take priority over meeting self-imposed release dates.

I do feel for those that took the day or even the week off though.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Feel your pain. As a Youtuber myself (not monetising anything), I have plans big and small on this latest and coolest. It all has to wait then.

Same here, I knew I wasn't gonna get to fly it today as it releases just as dinner and family times starts, but was looking forward to spend most of the morning and afternoon tomorrow with it. But now in best case scenario I'll have to wait for Thursday to test it. Really 1st world problem thing that really doesn't matter, but still annoying.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Not sure if I meet the minimum patience requirements for this game.
Streetching..

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

16 minutes ago, Iaincoe said:

Yeah mate I got mine on the day of purchase from the Heatblur store - it was in the email they sent me on that day.  I was able to activate the module today with it via the ED page.

In all honestly, it's far more surprising when something actually releases on time than when it's delayed.

Had it come out today, then there should have been all kinds of wild reactions of disbelief. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

4 minutes ago, Slippa said:

Quality Control and proper testing should take priority over meeting self-imposed release dates.

Arguably the QC and "proper testing" should be finished at minimum a full business day before scheduled release. If that can't be done then reevaluating how release dates are set may be in order.

• Like 2

Looking forward to 'playing' the module in the 'game' whenever it releases.

Delay doesn't fuss me at all, would rather a few days more than the weeks spent culling cores and scrutinising GPU settings that previous patches have wrought!

Thanks for the heads up Big Newey. 🫡 See you on the flip side.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Arguably the QC and "proper testing" should be finished at minimum a full business day before scheduled release. If that can't be done then reevaluating how release dates are set may be in order.

I agree. For me, the testing stage should’ve been buttoned up weeks ago. Maybe they’re adding a packed lunch for the pilot?

• Like 2