A-10 news?

jctrnacty

New ground terrain 3D mesh and textures (add the nevada terrain to that as well). Its new, doesn not imply the SIM has a new 3D engine, ED already stated it is the same with updates.

yes, you are right, but with updates + updates +..., in the final, it will looked like new :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have no interest in anything more to do with Flaming Cliffs, and won't be buying whatever it is. I would have preferred to see ED concentrate on the DCS A-10C (and other future modules) rather than pushing these back to mess with more LO or FC stuff.

And there are others who personally can't wait for a new breath of life to the LOMAC series. What are we going to do now? Can't we all just get along? ;)

No, seriously, at the rate that the DCS modules are coming, there's more potential (and very much needed since I don't expect to see a Fulcrum or Flanker for another two or three YEARS) that can still be squeezed out from the LOMAC with some patches to the weapons modelling and mission editor. Or maybe a new map/map editor. Or some graphical updates. Or some new platform. Or all of the above :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Maybe a 6DOF in FC? I will be staring intently at any up dates for Lock-On Fc1.12b. I'm just starting to get the hang of it after 3 months of practicing in between my IL2 gaming.. :pilotfly: I LOVE LOCK - ON, its a great game...:D

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I say another aircraft, or updated FM for the planes.

Hey guys, hold on - this should be the DCS A-10 thread.

(it costs time enough to read all posts belonging to THIS topic)

thx ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

Hey guys, hold on - this should be the DCS A-10 thread.

(it costs time enough to read all posts belonging to THIS topic)

thx ;-)

Your right this has gone a bit OT... No more FC, it belongs in the Lock on section.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

A10 recently in 2010, and now that I do with the DCS: BS? buy it thinking that the A10 be available in 3 or 4 months.

A big disappointment

You're dissapointed that we're getting more DCS modules?

Just buy them all, because, in the end, the plan is that all the DCS modules will work together online.

You're dissapointed that we're getting more DCS modules?

Just buy them all, because, in the end, the plan is that all the DCS modules will work together online.

:laugh: I think he`s dissapointed cause he expected the release of A10 module sooner and it turns out that the release is delayed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's not act like fanboys justifying ED's many delays, everybody wanted A-10 module in 2009, and many of those expected it realistically in 2009. Turns it's gonna be "anytime" in 2010. Oh well, patience. Screwed, but patience.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Screwed? Did it have ill bearing on your financial situation of family life?

If so, you shouldn't be here.

You don't need to act like some entitled couch potato either ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually it never was 2009. It was 9 months after the DVD-Version was released if all goes optimal, which would be January 2010. If you dreamed or wished it could be 2009 that a different matter of course, but ED surely didn't raise these hopes as few things in life ever go optimal. That has something to do with maths, not with being a fanboy.

As for the "anytime 2010", that's not a biggie for me. I still have lots of fun playing DCS:BS and LO and I know from even the few little screenies, the few infos and many tiny little teasers, that A-10C is worth waiting for.

So no world falling appart for me.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Screwed? Did it have ill bearing on your financial situation of family life?

If so, you shouldn't be here.

You don't need to act like some entitled couch potato either ;)

Do you expect me to answer?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Linked yet?

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

I didn't find any announcement on the forum.

Bye

Phant

On page 6 of this thread ;) and multiple times thereafter. But reposting it doesn't hurt.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Actually it never was 2009. It was 9 months after the DVD-Version was released if all goes optimal, which would be January 2010.

That was us who ask them to give an approximate release date of DCS modules(...). Don't make them regret it.

Quite simple.

Linked yet?

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

I didn't find any announcement on the forum.

Yup. Somewhere...

so the question becomes, will BS have the grass effects later on as well?

as for release dates, take your time, don't rush, we don't want the A-10C to wind up rushed prematurely like ArmA 2 was...

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

The last thing we want is something to end up coming out rushed. The mud moving better be perfect. It's hard to wait. When I think of looking at my unexpecting enemy through a LITENING pod for a few minutes before destroying everything with some AGM-65 Mavericks and coming in with the 30mm. Since the power of the Jedi has failed I have one last card to play.

Jack Bauer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever