Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

I didn't preorder but I might have to get it after all.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can, but damage will only occur if the said airliner has the tacpac as well, and "allows" damage as far as I know :)

Hmmm, kind of like shooting down that tanker that just won't hold still!:D

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have a copy of FSX gold I could never get to work - I think I'll try it again - is there anything special I need before getting Superbug?

Nate

Yes, you need all the nevada sceneries, Real Environement Extreme, SHADE for FSX, Superbug, and the TacPack. a couple of hundred $$ that is :D

(HJ)

Yes, you need all the nevada sceneries, Real Environement Extreme, SHADE for FSX, Superbug, and the TacPack. a couple of hundred $$ that is :D

(HJ)

REX is a must have!!:thumbup:

I have a copy of FSX gold I could never get to work - I think I'll try it again - is there anything special I need before getting Superbug?

Nate

An extreme patience and a low expectation modeling which comes with the world is beautiful glasses. 60 bucks each. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Nate

You don't NEED any of the extras but you might want FSUIPC registered if you use FFB (there's a limited version with the Superbug)

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Also check out their forums for info on how to use the free aircraft carriers.

Honestly it's very high fidelity. Closest thing to DCS I've ever seen. Definately a study sim. Once you can blow stuff up it will be really fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Hello Nate,When you do decide to install FSX try out this tweaking utility that will really help you optimize FSX

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Also for further tweaking/tips the Avsim forums are very helpful.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/121-ms-fsx-forum/

FSX can be a PITA to get tuned for a good balance of visual Eye Candy and Acceptable FPS but once you hit your sweet spot it can be a great simulation experience.:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Let me first say I think this is one of the finest add-on aircraft for FSX anywhere, and definitely the best in the military category.

Honestly it's very high fidelity.

Fairly. Pretty high.

Closest thing to DCS I've ever seen.

Not at all...

Definately a study sim.

Seeing as it's a single aircraft, not a sim, I wouldn't REALLY prepend "study." But it's a fine product and only getting better, and it's being put together by people with real talent and attention to detail.

Do I need to buy FSX Acceleration pack in order to fly the Superbug?

Thanks.

No. I used to run it just fine in the original FSX. The only thing you will miss is carrier ops. I dont know if the Tac Pack will require Acceleration though.

No. I used to run it just fine in the original FSX. The only thing you will miss is carrier ops. I dont know if the Tac Pack will require Acceleration though.

It will probably will require Acceleration addon

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Do I need to buy FSX Acceleration pack in order to fly the Superbug?

Thanks.

From the Superbug manual.

FSX with Service Pack 2, FSX Acceleration, or FSX Gold. Any of these flavors of FSX is acceptable, but FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold (which is just Acceleration and FSX bundled together) are highly suggested in order to utilize carrier operations. FSX SP1 or the original FSX are not supported. The FSX Service Pack 2 can be downloaded from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=204fee1e-f8de-4b21-9a32-5a41a3e27ff0

^^Thanks for the info..but by watching youtube videos I realized I need a fairly strong rig and even then, framerates are kinda on the low end..so I'm not too enthusiastic about the whole thing anymore. I'm gonna stick to DCS A10C and BMS for the time being..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

(HJ)

No all you need is FSX, Acceleration, VRS Superhornet, Tacpac.

The rest is freeware:

AICARRIERS2

Javiers Carriers

vLSO0.6b

T45

ILS fix for carriers

With the vLSO FSX players have managed to get good enough to land a real Hornet sim on a Carrier.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Not if the next DCS Module is A Legacy or SuperHornet;)

It could be a Legacy Hornet but not a Superhornet because there is not enough information available for ED to do a Superhornet. If there were an SDK for DCS perhaps we could ask VRS to do a payware addon for DCS.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]