Multiplayer Patch for Black Shark to work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0 ?

Lightning

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muhahaha....EPIC FAIL AGAIN DEAR ED:megalol:

I thought the MP compatibility is one of the major features and reasons of this patch!?

And now I read that there is a furthur patch needed?

Dear ED....with such stupid things, you will definite screw this hopefully DCS series up.:bomb:

What a laughable fail again.

There's always one, is'nt there......:music_whistling:

nice_big_cup_1.jpg

;) :thumbup:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

"

Patch in early may according to Chiz. I guess before patching DCS they need to patch FC2, or something.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=5335"

...at least i have an estimated comfirmed time frame for the patch release. I am one of those that bought fc.2.0 based on the fact that it was compatible with dcs shark... Even though i presumed from the advertising that it was the main feature and selling point for me , its understandable then that i am left impatient and frustrated. The great improvements in fc 2.0 make it all worthwhile but almost 2 months later for a patch is a long time..maybe the compatibility feature should never have been mentioned in the advertising in the first place till the patch was officially out. Im sure that way, there would not have been any disappointed customers ...and less sales as well.

I hope getting both throttles in the Saitek X-65F working in BS and FC2 will be included in this patch, they work in Lock On and and other sims.

Not worried when it comes out, if it takes three months, six months, so be it.

Hmmm , waiting for a patch to enable a feature that was the games main selling point ? I think under the grounds of the consumer protection act , most could claim a refund and wait for the "promised" functionality to actually be present.

• Like 1

.....that was the games main selling point ?

Hmmm........No

.....I think under the grounds of the consumer protection act , most could claim a refund and wait for the "promised" functionality to actually be present.

And No again.......

:pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

ED made it clear from the start that DCS would require a compatability patch, and that it would come after Flaming Cliffs 2. The fact that some of you failed to pay attention and therefore didn't know this is nobodys fault but your own.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Comon shadowze !

Give them some more time, i am sure that they are working hard on the patch.

You would not like if ED released a patch that might work but causes lags/warps or any other trouble.

Let them do their work and bugfixing.

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm , waiting for a patch to enable a feature that was the games main selling point ? I think under the grounds of the consumer protection act , most could claim a refund and wait for the "promised" functionality to actually be present.

I totally agree on the point. They sold the product with missigin features and they have increased the price of FC2...

Q: Will Flaming Cliffs 2.0 and DCS: Black Shark be online compatible?

A: Yes! You will now be able to fly head-to-head and cooperatively with players flying the Ka-50.

We waitted long enought, give us $10 back because we paid for something we don't have.

I must add that we're talking about :

- money

- product

- customers

And not just about a game and why they fail to make BS and FC2 compatible. They shouldn't release FC2 until what they announced is done, we didn't paid to have half the game, but for the complete list of what was supposed to be the FC2 addon.

Edited by Xjikz
  • Like 1

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

So lucky for any new simulation product to come out! Lucky to have a FC2 at all, they could have just moved on to DCS. On top of all that they could have done FC2 with NO plans to have the Ka-50 available. In 1 month's time after the patch came out, this will all just be a silly memory. Have patience, ED are not EA.

Crunch,

Love the Avatar. Flying while rocking with Iron Maiden. Is there a better way?

As for the patch. At first I was some what irritated, but what it has done for me is allow me the time to get settled into FC2. I have never flown it seriously. There is much to learn and now that I have, when the patch comes out I will be ready.

Can't wait!

• Like 1

Some of you are like spoiled children lol

"I want all my toys and I want them right now!!!"

There is alot of testing that goes into a patch like this. Also, did you ever consider they may be listening to feedback on FC2 and looking to see if they need to make a hotfix patch for any possible netcode issues? Any fix at all could alter the performance of the compatibility patch for Blackshark.

They WILL release it. You WILL be able to fly Blackshark with FC2 players.

No statement was ever made stating that the compatibility patch would be ready the same moment that FC2 was released, just that it WILL be released.

I can't believe people are giving ED such a hard time over this. They are one of the last flight sim devs that actually care about their products and customers. They're not a huge team, so you absolutely need to have patience here. This isn't the kind of thing devs can just slap together anyways. In the end, what we get is the best flight sim experience available.

Keep up the good work ED! We're all looking forward to enoying the fruits of your labour. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

What does "compatibility " really mean in this case?

If Im running a DCS server , will someome running FC 2.0 be able to join it?

If Im running a FC 2.0 server , will some one running DCS be able to join it ?

If I only have FC 2.0 and not DCS , will I be able to run FC 2.0 and join a DCS server ? or vice versa?

Will you have to edit a mission in the DCS editor so that folks with FC 2.0 will have the proper aircraft slots? Will you be editing a FC 2.0 map to create ka-50 pilot slots?

Superficially , it seems like there would have to be two patches , one for each game , so the the editor for each would be able to make slots for users of the other game.

Mebbe not so straight forward as some may think .....

I'll never buy FC 2.0 as it isnt my thing , but it would be nice if I could host a DCS game which allowed FC 2.0 to participate in if i wished.....

Just askin , thats all.........

- Comrade Eries

Yes let’s not talk crazy. Lest we all be playing FPS and not flying any new sims for a lack of good companies to produce them. We are perhaps the luckiest group of finicky bastards ever to have ED/TFC quality simulations to fly now, and look forward to in the future.

I wish those who are unhappy could have but a small glimpse of the incredible talent, intellect, and grueling effort I have witnessed firsthand. All of that energy and more goes into producing such outstanding titles as those we are now discussing. It would leave most of you with a much greater respect for how lucky we are to have such a company at all.

They do an awful lot for such a small niche genre that I am often amazed that people could possibly complain at all.

We are all lucky bastards indeed.:thumbup:

Out

• Like 1

Lets hope ED don't listen to this guys that are complaining and totally ignore them and do their thing with the patch as long as it takes. My main problem with BS is the sound engine. As long as this is fixed I don't care how long it will take.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I totally agree on the point. They sold the product with missigin features and they have increased the price of FC2...

We waitted long enought, give us $10 back because we paid for something we don't have.

I must add that we're talking about :

- money

- product

- customers

And not just about a game and why they fail to make BS and FC2 compatible. They shouldn't release FC2 until what they announced is done, we didn't paid to have half the game, but for the complete list of what was supposed to be the FC2 addon.

What's all this "we" stuff buddy? You'r not speaking on my behalf as I'm happy to wait until whenever for the comparability patch to be ready. There no fail my friend, you fail.

Take some time to think before you post on the complexity of what's being done here instead of crying out like a child my god.

I think I speak for most that we can wait and we're not disappointed with ED for having to wait. We simmers want a top notch product which we already have and use I'm sure ED is making sure the patch is top notch to follow that trend. I have to relate to Polecat's post above too we are very lucky to have such a great developer in our niche market. It's one thing to make great games but great flight sim titles are few far and in between!

Uhm, the compatibility of DCS with FC2 was NOT part of FC2. FC2 was complete in it's release. The compatibility patch is for a seperate game - DCS ;)

yes, the online compatibility with DCS is part of FC2. go check out the product page, its listed as one of the features ;)

having said that, I think its ridiculous to go getting all bent out of shape because the patch isn't ready yet. let them finish it and do it right.

yes, the online compatibility with DCS is part of FC2. go check out the product page, its listed as one of the features ;)

having said that, I think its ridiculous to go getting all bent out of shape because the patch isn't ready yet. let them finish it and do it right.

Exactly ^

Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

I guess it's better to have a buggy FC2 as long as it's (somewhat) compatible with DCS?

Not.

Thank you for tackling the bugs in respective order ED. Some of us do know about man-power limitations as well as the QA process. I'm personally happy to know that once the patch is released, it'll be held to the DCS standard (as FC2 is currently).

Very true on the first statement, but the compatibility patch isn't for FC2 - it's already done. We got with FC2 what was promised. There is a delay with making DCS Blackshark compatible ;)

And 2nd point +1 :thumbup:

well, you might be splitting a few hairs there :) the fact is the FC2 feature of online compatibility with BS isn't yet there awaiting a patch; regardless of which side they patch it on the result is the same.

anyway, looking forward to seeing how it works post-patch. definitely some really cool possibilities, having mixed Ka-50 and fixed wing MP missions :)

Edited by coder1024