DCS: Black Shark patch?

Kenan

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which weapon. For the Vikhr it is not possible IRL (since it's a beamrider).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Can Ka-50 do buddy lasing for the Su-25T?

In real life or the patch?

Something comes to mind ... - Sharks with Friggin Lazor Beams!

Now thats some scary stuff :D

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Oh gods did you have to reawaken that meme? :P

I can already see the weapon-hack mods for lasers coming...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hee needs some space to take off!!! What were you thinking?! :lol:

LOL!! Good One!

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Something comes to mind ... - Sharks with Friggin Lazor Beams!

Now thats some scary stuff :D

:megalol:

• Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

YES! Make a cheat mode where the output of the laser range finder is increased so much that we can shoot down incoming missiles and aircraft... pew pew pew.

At least then it would actually make sense when our laser burns out (JUST JOKING).

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

There will probably never be one on a helicopter but Ive seen military channel shows that presented some lasers being tested with specifically that in mind. Its supposed to be able to disintegrate incoming missles. I think shooting down aircraft with it is against the Geneva Convention cause the laser would blind the pilot permanently. Its carried on a large transport plane though.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

There will probably never be one on a helicopter but Ive seen military channel shows that presented some lasers being tested with specifically that in mind. Its supposed to be able to disintegrate incoming missles. I think shooting down aircraft with it is against the Geneva Convention cause the laser would blind the pilot permanently. Its carried on a large transport plane though.

that makes no sense.. if you are blowing the aircraft up the pilot goes dead and blind....

besides war is war,, the other side does not repect these imgainary lines of being nice, that is a one sided suicide pact to think that your enemy will be nice... and stupid as hell..

the only reason the helos will not carry such lasers, at present, is because their size and weight..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I think shooting down aircraft with it is against the Geneva Convention cause the laser would blind the pilot permanently.

No, not if it's an "eye safe" laser :thumbup: I think most HP lasers are operating in the eye-safe waveband, beyond visible, just because it's easier to make a high powered laser there. So still you die, but at least you aren't blinded milliseconds before your face gets melted :)

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

No, not if it's an "eye safe" laser :thumbup: I think most HP lasers are operating in the eye-safe waveband, beyond visible, just because it's easier to make a high powered laser there. So still you die, but at least you aren't blinded milliseconds before your face gets melted :)

Beyond visible doesn't mean it can't do damage to the retina. IIRC, the lasers used for sheet metal cutting and welding usually operate in the infrared band, which means they can't be seen, but they can certainly damage your eyes.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I have to ask my buddy who is a T-72 driver if the crews are trained to use rangefinders as a blinding weapon :D

Beyond visible doesn't mean it can't do damage to the retina. IIRC, the lasers used for sheet metal cutting and welding usually operate in the infrared band, which means they can't be seen, but they can certainly damage your eyes.

Around 1.X microns (maybe 1.1 or 1.4, somewhere in that range), the lense/cornea of your eye becomes OPAQUE to EM radiation. Thus, a laser range finder operating at the very common laser wavelength of ~1.55 um will NOT damage your eyes. Eye damage with higher wavelength lasers occurs when the lense of the eye is transparent to the laser radiation, and focuses the beam on your retina. Using a laser wavelength where the lense of your eye is opaque is how they perform laser eye surgery; otherwise, people would be blinded by laser eye surgery.

Every laser range finder that I have ever encountered and read the specifications for indicated that they are eye safe.

Also, pretty much every military laser FOR ANY USE that I know the wavelength of is in the SWIR, like around 1.55 um, eye safe. This is why the insurgents don't go running when they are lased as the LGB descends on them, they can't see the beam.

So a very high power lasers operating in the "eye safe" waveband will likely not damage your retinas until it first burns away the cornea and lense :)

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Lua scripts and mods:

To be clear, there are two patches in final test. One is a patch for FC2 to clean up identified bugs and add some more Russian aircraft campaigns. The second is a Black Shark patch that will make it and FC2 online compatible.

FYI

http://forums.eagle.ru/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=888656

• Like 1

LO FC2 player: Great. As soon as we get those DCS geeks on MP servers we at least get some background activity.

DCS geek: We have to just nod when FC2 players will say we'are the background. They will make such a good background that there's a lot we can forgive them... Plus they were great Guinea pigs testing the new sound engine for us.

:D

LO FC2 player: Great. As soon as we get those DCS geeks on MP servers we at least get some background activity.

DCS geek: We have to just nod when FC2 players will say we'are the background. They will make such a good background that there's a lot we can forgive them... Plus they were great Guinea pigs testing the new sound engine for us.

so what about all those players who fly both? :)

FC2 Pilot #31 'Ice-Man': Maverick - Form Up, taxi to active RW 22

FC2 Pilot #13 'Maverick': Copy that Ice - Tight on your Six. Taxi to active RW22.

<cue music whistlin'> - "Revvin' up your engine, Listen to her howlin' roar.....Highway to the Danger Zone......"

Sukhumi Tower: 'Ferret Flight - STFU!'

Ice-Man and Maverick: 'Sir yes Sir Tower Sir........' squelch squelch......f#*k open comms......

Ferret Flight Fence Check.......Rolling.......Rotate at 300.....Wheels Up......Flaps

BOOM...WTF....!!!

<cue Elevator Muzak> Amazing Grace........How sweet the Sound.......

Ice-Man/Maverick <weeping>: Oh f#*k no not again.......sob!

DCS Pilot #69 'Reaper':

Visual......Engaging.......Locked......Rifle........Splash 1........Splash 2.........

Bandits Down......R.T.B.

<Fade to Reaper>

**Leans over, brushes the crease out of the cuff, slips on the Ray-Bans, Toggles the stereo and Cranks the Volume.........High.........**

"...Sound of the drums

Beatin' in my heart

The thunder of guns!

Tore me apart

You've been - thunderstruck!..."

-f1cwycSWq0&feature=player_embedded

Just another Day at the Office of the Sharkster........:pilotfly:

:P

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'