DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

In the Mission Editor. In the menu. I recommend to read the DCS manual, Mission Editor section about that Feature first...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hello everybody, I have a question. I´m doing a single player campaign and I like to connect my plane with ground power to refill combustible or take a new weapons on my aircraft but I cant connect with their. :helpsmilie:

Did you land at a coalition airbase, ie not neutral? Switch off your engines? Open your canopy, request refuelling/rearming and see if that helps.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

How I do to switch off my engines to switch on it again?

Throttles at Idle:

RAlt End - Left Engine Stop

RCtrl End - Right Engine Stop

RAlt Home - Left Engine Start

RCtrl Home - Right Engine Start

Check in F2 view whether Batumi is neutral or not. If it is a neutral base you will not be able to refuel and/or rearm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I stop both engines with these commands, are you sure that after that i can restart both engines?

That's what the command says.

Tell you what, if you do run into issues then the easiest thing to do is to ALWAYS post a track. That way it saves me and you both sore fingers from typing all day and it's guaranteed to get you the answers you're after once I or someone else views your track :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ohh ok the next time i will post some pictures to do more easier my post

No pictures - only a track :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I stop both engines with these commands, are you sure that after that i can restart both engines?

Yes. Worst case scenario if you do something wrong with having them hook up ground power you'll just have to do a cold start and fire up your APU. But it works.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. I dont wanna open new topic so i ask here.

I bought DCS A 10 at getgamesgo.com. Got my key without problembs. But it says i have 9 activation left out of 10. (I used one time) So just in case if i out of my keys can i get new code just like we do back in flaming cliffs? Also can i activate my game at dcs.com at my former account?

Thanks.

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

But it says i have 9 activation left out of 10. (I used one time) So just in case if i out of my keys can i get new code just like we do back in flaming cliffs?

First of all, if you run out of activations, you should contact customer support. They should be able to help you in that case.

As far as I know, once you're out of activations, DCS will also "replenish" one activation within one month, meaning that you'd be able to re-install once a month. I've been a long time customer and I'm nowhere near this limit, but if for whatever reason customer support can't help you, you should still be able to reinstall.

Note that this only refers to installations on new hardware (or after a major hardware change). If you simply re-install on the same machine, no new activation should be required.

Also can i activate my game at dcs.com at my former account?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, maybe someone else can drop in and answer that question.

Touch Screen

I am just getting a new rog that can run this one, and before I complete all the purchases I am wondering about a touch screen. Anyone have one and is it really "worth" it?

I hear that they can be problematic and not sure how they work with the pixel size for the buttons on all the displays. Many thanks.

John

First of all, if you run out of activations, you should contact customer support. They should be able to help you in that case.

As far as I know, once you're out of activations, DCS will also "replenish" one activation within one month, meaning that you'd be able to re-install once a month. I've been a long time customer and I'm nowhere near this limit, but if for whatever reason customer support can't help you, you should still be able to reinstall.

Note that this only refers to installations on new hardware (or after a major hardware change). If you simply re-install on the same machine, no new activation should be required.

Don't even have to wait for support. When you use all of them up a new one will be granted in 30 days.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Don't even have to wait for support. When you use all of them up a new one will be granted in 30 days.

Okay, I may have used a few more words, but... didn't I just say that? :D

Anyways, I mentioned the ED support because this whole activation thing is meant to beat piracy. If legit customers get into trouble with activations, I'm sure support will help them out.

How to delete my own white triangular Assigned Target symbol on the TAD?

After tasking my SPI to my Wingman's SADL, a triangular Assigned Target symbol remains on the SADL, so that when broadcasting a second SPI Target to Wingman and sending him it per Menu with an "Engage With" command, my Wingman neglects the current active Target Assignment and always return back to the first already destroyed Assigned Target area. So my question is how to delete this white triangular Assigned Target symbol on the TAD?

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

How to delete my own white triangular Assigned Target symbol on the TAD?

After tasking my SPI to my Wingman's SADL, a triangular Assigned Target symbol remains on the SADL, so that when broadcasting a second SPI Target to Wingman and sending him it per Menu with an "Engage With" command, my Wingman neglects the current active Target Assignment and always return back to the first already destroyed Assigned Target area. So my question is how to delete this white triangular Assigned Target symbol on the TAD?

The WHITE triangle can't be deleted! It represents the last target positon of weapon employment ("Where the last weapon hit/should have hit").

It is intended to easy slave a sensor to the last contact you hit...

Check that you made the new target SPI (TMS up long), before assigning it!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The WHITE triangle can't be deleted! It represents the last target positon of weapon employment ("Where the last weapon hit/should have hit").

It is intended to easy slave a sensor to the last contact you hit... Check that you made the new target SPI (TMS up long), before assigning it!

I've done that (TMS up long) a thousand times, but it seems after the last update, there has been changes made which led to a shift of the Wingmen's behaviour, one of them is that. Maybe it's wrecked in that one mission. I'll try it with others and if this remains, I'll send a track file next.

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Unable to start A-10C

New to A-10C and have just loaded it to my Dell laptop. The program will load however I have two problems. First the mouse is invisible. I can see it is present as it will highlight menus however not visible.

The second problem is more daunting. My laptop keyboard does not have a pause key, which it seems is needed to start the program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

New to A-10C and have just loaded it to my Dell laptop. The program will load however I have two problems. First the mouse is invisible. I can see it is present as it will highlight menus however not visible.

The second problem is more daunting. My laptop keyboard does not have a pause key, which it seems is needed to start the program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Unsure about the mouse but re pause, you mean to unpause and start the mission once its loaded?

If so just remap the pause function to a different key.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Do you have 'Mouse Trails' turned on? Never use mouse trails on a gaming machine. Learned that the hard way.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do you have 'Mouse Trails' turned on? Never use mouse trails on a gaming machine. Learned the hard way.

Yeah I did and turning that off does give me a mouse. Looks like I now have a lot of learning to do. Any pointers for beginners?

Any pointers for beginners?

I would start with the the training missions coupled with lots of YouTube videos. If you are an MP type of person then try and hookup with a group willing to lend a hand to a new guy.

EDIT: Depending on the laptop keyboard, you might find it worthwhile to pick up a keyboard with a full set of keys.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: