104th Dedicated Server Stats

104th_Crunch

The 104th is pleased to announce the launch of our 104th Dedicated stats board created by 104th_Moa.

We invite you to fly on our dedicated server and once again be counted. Track your kills and deaths as well as your progress in many other areas of combat, flight and aircraft management. The 104th stats are an indispensible tool for improving your skills in Lock On/Black Shark and will surely help get you on the fast track to success as a virtual pilot. It doesn't matter if you are new to the sim, a lone wolf pilot or a member of a virtual squadron start here on your quest to be the "best".

http://stallturn.com/104th/

Latest Java Required. If you have any bug reports, please visit the dedicated thread at the 104th forums. There is also a thread detailing the point system here.

stats.png

Edited by Crunch
  • Like 2

Awesome! This is excellent work from all involved. Wish it wasn't java based, I need an app for this if you catch my drift. :music_whistling:

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Moa, which Java version is needed?

Firefox downloads the app, I get to sign the digital signature and it loads showing the tabs on the top, but the rest of the screen is blank... I'm using the OpenJDK 1.6.0_18.

Anyway, I'm sure it looks great once I get to load it.

Edited by Case

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

What are Ace kills?

EDIT: just read on the 104th forums what Ace kills are, short range weapon kills.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Moa, which Java version is needed?

Firefox downloads the app, I get to sign the digital signature and it loads showing the tabs on the top, but the rest of the screen is blank... I'm using the OpenJDK 1.6.0_18.

Anyway, I'm sure it looks great once I get to load it.

Case. (build 1.6.0_11-b03) works for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hiya all, and thanks.

If you get a blank page in Java simply restart your browser and you should see it. Should work with any Java 1.6 version (although I recommend at lest 1.6.0_u10 for hardware accelerated rendering, and 1.6.0_u22 contains a security fix for applets).

I originally wrote it in the Google Web Toolkit (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/) but even with a fully AJAX interface it was a pain to sort columns and resize windows. So I switched to an applet (I considered the downside of requiring a plugin to be less than the upside of a fully 'dynamic' interface). The real dynamic bit is that the stats update in near-real time (if you keep hitting the update button).

You should be able to resize windows, sort columns by clicking on them, and use the callsign find and filtering (only show matching callsigns) functions without requiring a fetch from the server (or another complicated page with sort and search criteria). There are a lot of tooltips in the interface to explain some stuff.

The software is still beta (a couple of corner-case bugs) and being actively worked on. The intent is to share it (and the source code) with everyone once all the bugs are fixed and current set of enhancements are done. The installation is a little complex but it uses very little CPU and I/O resources (you can run it on the game server easily - as I run several copies on stallturn).

There is also a 'SOAP webservice' interface that allows you to get the stats without using the GUI. You could do several things with this:

* squadrons can exchange data.

* You could build a customized non-Java applet interface (eg. GWT, JSF, ASP or whatever you liked) but use the 'heavy lifting' of the dynamicscore2 stats back-end.

* The 51st can preserve their investment in their nice stats system but still access data about its pilots from servers running dynamicscore2.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas guys.

• Like 2

> I have tested in Chrome, IE9 and FF and all 3 give similar performance for me using the latest Java.

Thanks for the info Crunch. This is expected. The 104th stats use a "Java applet" rather than JavaScript running in the browser (they have similar names but are quite different beasts). JavaScript is notoriously slow on older versions of Internet Explorer.

If anyone is interested I can make the stats program as stand-alone application you run from your desktop (using the very nifty Java WebStart technology, no source code changes reuqired :) ). Might be easier for those with browser issues.

Awsome job!! I got the stats working in firefox by using Javas application auto updater.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

First bug! :smartass:

The stats dont recognize gun kills. Its reported as "unknown" weapon.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks Pilotasso. This is actually a bug in the source LockOn logs where gun kills don't always specify the weapon used (the Ka-50 is affected more than anything else as it does a lot of gun work) in the LUA callbacks that the user (eg. the 104th stats system) can hook into. I do a lot of work by tying together several log entries to work out what weapon was used but sometimes it is ambiguous - so I have to mark it as unknown. I'll be looking closely at this to see if it can be improved.

ps. There is a thread on the 104th forums dedicated to bug reports (see earlier post on this thread). It is more convenient if you report them there.